So Zabit vs Kattar is only 3 rounds?

Willek

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I wonder how many times since UFC 138 (Leben vs Munoz being the first non title fight 5 rounder) has the main event not been 5 rounds.

<23>

Israel Adesanya vs Anderson Silva is the only one coming to mind

It’s Russia and they know Zabit can’t go 5 rounds.

I wonder how many times since UFC 138 (Leben vs Munoz being the first non title fight 5 rounder) has the main event not been 5 rounds.

<23>
he's paid to fight for 3, why would he fight another 2 for free?

Zabit is smart. Like Chael P Sonnen said why someone have to accept 5 rounds non title fight for the same money? Look at Aldo. Aldo is not very smart man but at least he declined main event spots in last couple fights and it was smart move. If Kattar is good enough, 3 rounds will be enough.
5 rounds fights are made for cardio machines (often with granite chin) and fighters who are not good enough to win 1-3 rounds and they rely on cardio.

Maybe, but more likely he starts to take over early in the 2nd and keeps zabit from leading like he typically does.

How's he gonna do that with all of the tools Zabit will be threatening with? Zabit is a better wrestler by leaps and bounds and has also some of the best kicks and distance management in the division. That said, Kattar let Moicano pick him apart with kicks and I predict Zabit implementing a similar gameplan.

How's he gonna do that with all of the tools Zabit will be threatening with? Zabit is a better wrestler by leaps and bounds and has also some of the best kicks and distance management in the division. That said, Kattar let Moicano pick him apart with kicks and I predict Zabit implementing a similar gameplan.
You may be right, sir. Zabit has a more varied array of attacks, Kattar has the best boxing at 45. Starched Lamas and Burgos.

You may be right, sir. Zabit has a more varied array of attacks, Kattar has the best boxing at 45. Starched Lamas and Burgos.

I love his boxing. Idk about best (Max maybe has better) but its damn beautiful. That's his battle cry tomorrow.

I love his boxing. Idk about best (Max maybe has better) but its damn beautiful. That's his battle cry tomorrow.
Max has better ring (cage) generalship, and his prolific volume shines in tandem.

Kattar has crisp shots, tons of pop, and lands classic boxing technique like leading with the 2.

But in a sense of proven efficacy, Mad Max is unparalleled.

Maybe, but more likely he starts to take over early in the 2nd and keeps zabit from leading like he typically does.
Zabit will sub that fool <BC1> The "fans" won't like it but Zabit's grappling is so heavily under-rated.

If zabit gets a finish I see it being a d'arce
:cool:
I doubt Kattar will shoot for a TD. If he does d'arce all day, But I doubt Kattar shoots so I say RNC, guillotine or a Suloev stretch <JonesLaugh>

since when do they get paid more for five round fights
{<huh}

zabit signed a contract for a 3 round fight, why would he want to fight 5 rounds when he didn't train for a 5 rounder and isn't getting paid more for it?

Back