So you win by KO but it doesnt count

There's certainly some truth to knockouts having an element of luck about them....and that gets more the case the higher the weightclass is.

To make someone tap to you takes a lot of technique, precision, skill......making someone tap to submission can never really be fluke.

However, a 265lbs man, doesn't really need any skill or technique to knock someone out. When you weigh that much, you can swing terrible punches with your eyes closed and knock anyone out.

That being said, JDS knockout over Cain was not fluke.....it was well timed, very precise and very powerful.

lol shutup and that had to be the worst comparison I ever heard

If Rampage never fought Wand after the first two losses , I would have never seen my favorite left hook KO of all time.

You're on to something TS. It's like people pretending X fighter was never "finished" because he never fell unconcious. BJ Penn is deemed unstoppable but he has been stopped twice in front of the camera with no doubt whatsoever. Nick Diaz is widely considered unstoppable even though we've seen him maimed to unconciousness by Jeremy Jackson and cut to the point of dangerous hemoragia by Noons.

Somewhat, these finishes don't really count for their fans. They will cling to anything to keep their favorite fighter on their pedestal. They will not hesitate to go low, many people claimed BJ didn't lose face when he quit because he didn't "really" get finished because he just refused to answer the doctor's questions. Heck, some banned mod even claimed he didn't really lose, it was all the doctor and ref's fault for stopping the fight.

Some will narrow their definition of "finished" so thin that in fact, nobody has ever been finished in MMA...

A KO is a legit win, but sometimes it is flukey. Kongo beat Pat Barry fair and square, but it doesn't take a lot of imagination to see the fight ending differently.

JDS won the first fight, I don't think anyone means to take that away from him.

i guess we will find out on the 29th and on the 30th you will post an im sorry thread or a i was wrong

I agree that when a fighter wins by knockout without proving he is superior in any other way, over a period of at least several minutes, it leaves alot to the imagination. I too question who the better fighter actually is when things like that happen.

Everyone has a punchers chance. If you don't prove that it wasn't the punchers chance that got you the win it leaves alot of questions unanswered.

Would hold true if said person didn't KTFO most on his way up to the top. Not just KO, but KTFO... And even the people he decisioned looked battered and bobbleheaded.

Last edited:
I agree that when a fighter wins by knockout without proving he is superior in any other way, over a period of at least several minutes, it leaves alot to the imagination. I too question who the better fighter actually is when things like that happen.

Everyone has a punchers chance. If you don't prove that it wasn't the punchers chance that got you the win it leaves alot of questions unanswered.

Then why is no one interested in Big Nog getting a rematch with Cain?

BJ and Uno were pretty even, though. The second fight kind of proved it.

because thats what people say on Sherdog.

How many MMA fights wouldnt count if KO's didnt count right?

"BJ KOd Caol Uno in 10 sec but we dont know who the better fighter is because it happened to fast"

"Kid KOd Miyata in 3 sec but we dont know who the better fighter is because it happened too fast"

Face it. JDS is better than Cain, this time hes going to do what Nick Diaz did to Robbie Lawler and faceplant Cain. Cain has a similar wide style to Lawler and JDS knows how to use his reach like Diaz.

I hear you.

Too many Shertards want to see fighters win 10-9 rounds instead of winning fights.

When Frankie executes 3/5 rounds of success by darting in to touch his opponent and run away, surprise them with a useless TD (which they'll escape from in 3 seconds), they consider that domination. Oh, now he's the superior fighter.

But when JDS (who has been landing on pretty much everyone he has faced) lands a solid punch, it's just lucky and doesn't prove that he's a better fighter.

I hear you.

Too many Shertards want to see fighters win 10-9 rounds instead of winning fights.

When Frankie executes 3/5 rounds of success by darting in to touch his opponent and run away, surprise them with a useless TD (which they'll escape from in 3 seconds), they consider that domination. Oh, now he's the superior fighter.

But when JDS (who has been landing on pretty much everyone he has faced) lands a solid punch, it's just lucky and doesn't prove that he's a better fighter.

Think of it this way: Anyone can be knocked out. Winning a decisive decision is actually a lot harder to pull off.

Think of it this way: Anyone can be knocked out. Winning a decisive decision is actually a lot harder to pull off.

And you think of it this way:

When guys like Anderson, JDS, and various others constantly finish their opponent, you gotta eventually give them credit for it and stop saying that it's less impressive than winning 10-9 rounds by doing utter BS and avoiding fighting.

And you think of it this way:

When guys like Anderson, JDS, and various others constantly finish their opponent, you gotta eventually give them credit for it and stop saying that it's less impressive than winning 10-9 rounds by doing utter BS and avoiding fighting.

Different fighters, different styles. Some people just don't have the killer instinct of an Anderson or a JDS. It's not fair to discredit someone's skills because they don't finish tons of fights. Edgar may not finish tons of fights, but his boxing and footwork is arguably the best in any division. No one gives him credit for that, they just say shit about how he doesn't finish.

One more time. Nobody is discrediting JDS or his KO over Cain. He won fair and square. People are just wondering if he can do it again, because some of us realize that Cain is better than what he led on the first time they fought. Unfortunately we are far outnumbered here by people who refuse to entertain the very likely possibility of anything other than a first round KO for JDS. 10 times out of 10 apparently JDS mauls him in a minute. That is foolish.

There are some incredibly sensitive/defensive JDS fans here.

Back