So why is Bendo so boring to watch?

machidafan99

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I find it odd. He has all the skills and can be a dynamic athlete yet he's kinda boring to watch. He even made Cerrone look kinda tame.

His last fight was boring, but generally I think his fights are pretty exciting. His first fight with Cerrone was one of the best fights I can remember seeing.

No PEDs (Performance Enhancing Devices).

Toothpick_Rnd.jpg

His striking is awful. So many whiffs.

I love watching him fight. Your loss.

Most of his fights are watchable, some of them are great. The Thomson fight was the only one that I couldn't even pay attention to.

TS hasn't seen Bendo vs Diaz/Miller/Pettis/Guida/Edgar/Cerrone I and II, etc.

In short, you've missed a lot of fights if Bendo bores you.

These veiled fighter-bashing threads need to stop. You don't like Henderson, we got it.

I don't think he's boring at all.

His fights can be boring against very elite competition because neither guy wants to give anything away.

But have him fight someone ranked between 11-20 and he won't be boring at all, he'll own it.

His last 3 fights weren't boring for me. Thomson isn't throwing all in nowadays anymore.
Melendez and Diaz fights were also good.

Hurt Khabilov, got knocked out by RDA

His striking is awful. So many whiffs.

Sort of.

He used to rely on his striking less. He's an incredible clinch fighter and ground and pound guy. He was one of the most exciting guys in the sport.

But since that second Edgar fight, he's decided to strike with guys, or has been forced to, and the results aren't great.

In just the UFC he had good fights against Guida, Miller, Edgar, Diaz and Khabilov.

I dont find him boring at all. I enjoy watching his fights. He may not get a KO or sub every fight, but he does provide nonstop action. I dont see the hate.

Generally speaking the main thing I find boring about him is that there's zero chance of him scoring a knockout, but I like WMMA so I can't gripe about that too much.

Actually i find him boring too
I don't know.. too much of an athlete, and no fiercing fighting in him
Take a look a Nick Diaz for a change

It's because he doesn't have a sustained attack, you never see him relentlessly push forward. You can still be a counter striker and still be exciting (Silva, Jon Jones)

I watched all but two. For me you have to go back to WEC for a decent fight for him.

TS hasn't seen Bendo vs Diaz/Miller/Pettis/Guida/Edgar/Cerrone I and II, etc.

In short, you've missed a lot of fights if Bendo bores you.

Last edited:
Back