So why does Yan get a pass for ducking Cory?

KillerIsBack V2

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/3/...er-he-was-served-the-belt-on-a-silver-platter

I knew we liked him..
But didn’t realise we liked him that much...

I’ve seen guys get blasted on here for much less.
It’s not the fact that he criticised the frankie and marlon fights for them being past their prime.

it’s the alternative he picked. TJ.. 2 year lay off for ped suspension TJ..

I mean... I’m all for champs picking fights sometimes... but even Cody with his recent performance of the night sounds better. Or at least Rob Font (ranked 3rd with a good win streak of 3 fights).

again.. if he wasn’t gunning so assertively for the tj fight I would nit have made this thread.

How did he duck Cory? Cory got smoked by Sterling while Yan was winning his fights -- his first defense is against the guy who smoked Cory. In what world is that ducking?

sterling beat corey, he deserved to fight yan over aldo. dont just assume yan is gonna win, we'll see what happens after that

Holy fuck... none of you read articles when commenting lol

it’s about who he wants to fight after Sterling...

I doubt any of you bafoons even read the OP, I literally mentioned he wants to fight tj instead of all the roster available.

Says the man whose best win is against a past his prime aldo...

View attachment 837637
you’re the onlyone who read that far lol

Not great timing to complain when he's fighting the legitimate #1 contender and a guy who ran through Sand.

Until a fight is actually booked, all the rest is talk, negotiation tactics and gamesmanship.

Seriously!? how is he duckin? Aljo beat corey and is #1 contender .. The dumbest shit i read today... tj never lost the belt... it makes sense like connor and jones getting shots when they came back.

Its not like he out there jon fitch'n winning 10 straight for a title shot...

He is literally fighting the no. 1 ranked guy who is way overdue for a title shot. Wtf are you on about?

Sandhagen had a little hype on him at that time but the loss to Sterling knocked it down a bit. Yan had bigger fights within his grasp.

No problem with him fighting TJ after Sterling takes his belt, I don't see the problem.

Holy fuck... none of you read articles when commenting lol

it’s about who he wants to fight after Sterling...

I doubt any of you bafoons even read the OP, I literally mentioned he wants to fight tj instead of all the roster available.

you’re the onlyone who read that far lol

We did read it -- thats why the responses are based on your headline, not the article. The only thing that could possibly be misconstrued is when Yan downplayed Corys win and said maybe TJ next (hardly assertively gunning for it, like you were trying to argue) . However, thats not a duck because A, Yan hasnt fought sterling yet so theres no guarantee he will have another defense after, and B, There has been zero indication that Yan has any sway in picking his next fight.

You cant duck a fight that has not been offered.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/3/...er-he-was-served-the-belt-on-a-silver-platter

I knew we liked him..
But didn’t realise we liked him that much...

I’ve seen guys get blasted on here for much less.
It’s not the fact that he criticised the frankie and marlon fights for them being past their prime.

it’s the alternative he picked. TJ.. 2 year lay off for ped suspension TJ..

I mean... I’m all for champs picking fights sometimes... but even Cody with his recent performance of the night sounds better. Or at least Rob Font (ranked 3rd with a good win streak of 3 fights).

again.. if he wasn’t gunning so assertively for the tj fight I would nit have made this thread.
I have seen some bad trolling on sherdog but this is pretty lol

Funny how he laments Cory for beating "old Edgar" & it not be worthy of a title shot, when he beat an even older Faber(who got schooled by Edgar) to get his title shot.

Yan is beyond annoying at this point & really hope Aljo beats his ass. Regardless of whether that happens or not the winner should defend against Sandhagen, not the guy coming off a LOSS & a failed drug test.

Aldo got a title shot off 2 losses, Cruz off 1 loss, Masvidal, probably McGregor, & now possibly TJ. Does anyone else get sick of losers being rewarded title shots? It use to be reserved for special circumstances, now it's becoming the norm particularly for the 135 lb weight class which is loaded with deserving contenders.

I don't think that wanting to fight TJ is ducking anyone. If anything, assuming that Yan wins on Saturday, my issue would be TJ getting an immediate title shot upon his return.

Well Yan is fighting the legit #1 contender Saturday so I don’t see a problem.

All that needs to be said really.

Sandhagen is probably in line for a #1 contender bout next. He's more deserving than TJ, but being on a two fight streak isn't a mandate for a title shot.

It will definitely irritate me if TJ lands a title shot upon return of course.

Back