So why did JoJo cover up "out of respect" in Abu Dhabi?

Defeat Unknown

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
On Ariel's show, before and after her fight in Abu Dhabi, JoJo said she would cover her shoulders out of respect, but didn't specify what she was being respectful toward.

Respect for inequality?

I mean, why did she feel the need to cover up? Because of her tattoos? Because she's a woman?

Obviously Ariel just went along with it and didn't say anything. Anyone else catch this and think it was bizarre?

I don't know TS but I will not rest until I find out

1. She wasn't forced to make that choice, it made sense in her head.

2. Seems like Emirate men dress themselves up from head to toe as well as the women. That's equality.

She probably meant respect the culture of the host country. At the end of the day, she wanted a payday and to avoid trouble.

I don't know what reason she had in her own head... only she knows that. Why ask the question here?

On Ariel's show, before and after her fight in Abu Dhabi, JoJo said she would cover her shoulders out of respect, but didn't specify what she was being respectful toward.

Respect for inequality?

I mean, why did she feel the need to cover up? Because of her tattoos? Because she's a woman?

Obviously Ariel just went along with it and didn't say anything. Anyone else catch this and think it was bizarre?
Omg I’m outraged! So outraged even though I don’t know why.

JoJo doesn't really give a f*ck about being too feminine

I don't know what reason she had in her own head... only she knows that. Why ask the question here?
Thought it was a place for discussion.

Perhaps she has respect for other cultures in their homeland
I respect other cultures, I just don't think inequality is "culture", and inequality definitely is not something that should be respected.

She probably meant respect the culture of the host country. At the end of the day, she wanted a payday and to avoid trouble.
That's the weird thing, is that she wasn't required to cover up any more than usual. The other girls didn't, and neither did the ring card girls (at least at weigh-ins).

I originally thought UFC had required women's fights on the UAE cards, but I heard John Morgan say in the Roadshow podcast it was the UEA that had wanted the women's fights. I wonder what was told to the women attending the event and who said what.

There is no rule in Abu Dhabi stating women must stay covered out in public. Many Emirati and expat women in Abu Dhabi dress in typically western attire.

She wanted to be safe in case it went into the hands of the judges.

Respect for inequality?

the more people civilized were, the mkre cloths they had. The more covered they were.

Imagine a judge comming on his duty, dressed in underwear like cherokee !?

Sorry but some of you are too dumb to understand certain things. Its not equality, its VALUE

You can see a naked women on billion links online, gettin f.... and thats why they have much Less VALUE on west.

Not as a mother, family member or wife.

You hide your money, yet expose your wife

It's the same sort of thing when she goes home to Scotland, the men there all wear skirts out of respect.
I went to a wedding there once, there were loads of men is skirts. They called them kilts but they weren't fooling me.

I went the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona recently, they made me take my cap off and made the girl I was with cover her shoulders. It looked like a catholic cathedral but I guess with the shoulder covering it must have actually been a mosque.

"Inequality" is a part of their culture
Women cover their bodies
What's bad about it?

Respect for inequality?

So women dressing the same as men = equality?

And even most men are covering their shoulders there, so by your definition she actually was promoting equality more than the ring girls.

the more people civilized were, the mkre cloths they had. The more covered they were.

Imagine a judge comming on his duty, dressed in underwear like cherokee !?

Sorry but some of you are too dumb to understand certain things. Its not equality, its VALUE

You can see a naked women on billion links online, gettin f.... and thats why they have much Less VALUE on west.

Not as a mother, family member or wife.

You hide your money, yet expose your wife
Your money is your possession, your wife is not.

Back