So why did Dana say Arlovski is fighting next, then change his mind?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by shinbone28, Aug 13, 2015.

1. shinbone28

shinbone28 White Belt

So we had the whole ordeal with Dana saying it would be for sure either Arlovski or Stipe next, then the general mma pop. basically all agreed Arlovski should be next, by far...

Werdum then says he chooses Arlovski because he wants the rematch, then Arlovski supposedly got the call, Stipe gets mad, Arlovski makes posts about how hes gonna bring the UFC belt to Chicago...

and now, Arlovski, a guy who potentially is a better matchup than Cain and probably stands a better chance than Cain seeing as how he has the best takedown defense stats in the UFC HW div (with 89% success defenses) and probably the best offensive striking... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT ARLOVSKI ALREADY BEAT WERDUM BY AVOIDING TAKEDOWNS AND BEATING HIM UP ON THE FEET.

but instead of letting your champ avenge his loss to the true #1 contender, hes gonna rematch a guy who fights once every two years that he just beat in his last fight?

wtf is the point?

THE TOP CONTENDER OF THE DIVISION ALREADY HAS BEAT THE CHAMP AND IS ALMOST UNDEFEATED IN HIS LAST 10+ FIGHTS (WITH 1 CONTROVERSIAL LOSS)... AND BACK TO BACK KO's OF TOP 3 OPPONENTS... SO ARLOVSKI SHOULD BE GETTING THE FIGHT

CAIN LOST THE FIGHT, AND A REMATCH IS NOT INTRIGUING.

Not to mention the great comeback story... being a champion in two different generations/decades?

WERDUM WILL ALWAYS HAVE THAT QUESTION MARK BY HIS NAME BECAUSE HE HASNT BEAT ARLOVSKI, BUT HE HAS BEAT EVERYONE ELSE. THIS IS THE CHANCE FOR IT TO HAPPEN. ARLOVSKI ISNT GETTING YOUNGER.. AND WERDUM ISNT EITHER.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  2. VAfan

VAfan Gold Belt

because, why let arlovski fight when you can just keep having cain fight?

3. chunglii

chunglii No Me Duele Staff Member Senior Moderator

After 11 years we found what really grinds shinbone28's gears.

I agree man. It should be Arlovski vs Werdum II next.

4. shinbone28

shinbone28 White Belt

hilarious considering cain never fights

lets give this guy a chance to be champ again so he can only defend it once every 2 years

and what sucks is, Cain is probably gonna win since fight will be in Vegas

meaning no comeback story

I dont think Arlovski would beat Cain, but I can see him beating Werdum

5. Bels89

Bels89 Blue Belt

Its ALWAYS about $$$ and PPV Buys. It isn't what is the best fight or who deserves it...its what the biggest more marketable fight is. Werdum vs. Cain II is more marketable. You have the Brazilian markets and Mexican markets interested. I really did think that it was Stipes time, he went 5 hard rounds with JDS and destroyed Hunt.

6. YagyuINC

YagyuINC Orange Belt

It is ok...Brown Pride racist guy will most likely get injured and drop off the card anyway.

7. jungliquid

jungliquid Orange Belt

I am thoroughly impressed by Shinbone's stats. I get asked all the time about having posted under 500 times in 10 years. Shinbone has a year on me.... and he's at 5. He's like Confucious... do not waste words, speak only when necessary.

8. MotorcycleMir

MotorcycleMir Blue Belt

Because Dana does this all the time. This is definitely the time that has pissed me off the most, but I was not confident Arlovski was getting the shot until the fight was announced officially. Hadn't bought a card in over 3 years and would have to see Arlovski get a shot, but now I am officially done giving the ufc money

9. ElAnimal

ElAnimal White Belt

If Can was an active fighter I wouldn't mind this so much. I mean Werdum wrecked him, that is not even a question. Fucking took him to pound town and then finished Cain.

Cain was such a boring Champion like DMJ is, come on UFC give someone else a chance. Feed Cain to Travis Browne :icon_evil so he can get KO'd by those elbows :p

10. shinbone28

shinbone28 White Belt

JDS looked like a shell of his former self dude

and Mark Hunt is 1-4 in his last 5... and Werdum, the champ destroyed Hunt better than Stipe did.

Stipe has only won 1 fight since his last loss against ^ that guy.

Arlovski has the biggest streak in the division, KO'd two top 3 guys back to back,

Arlovski also destroyed Browne and Bigfoot in much more dominant fashion than Werdum did, and those 4 fights were all recent too...

Werdum has looked amazing in his comeback, but Arlovski has looked even better when you lay it all out on paper.

And Werdum's last loss was against Overeem, who got KOd by the two guys Arlovski KOd in better fashion than Werdum.

Arlovski is essentially the most dangerous striker in the division at the moment, with JDS as second, Werdum as 3rd and Cain, Overeem, Browne and Hunt as 4th 5th 6th and 7th.

Like I said, Werdum will have that question mark and will always be second to Arlovski, even in their comebacks, because he never beat Arlovski but he beat everyone else.

This fight needed to happen

11. shinbone28

shinbone28 White Belt

Ok I hate the rematch, and i started this thread, but i cant be that blind.

Werdum didn't wreck Cain, I do believe the altitude had a lot to do with it. Never seen Cain look like that in the 2nd round before.

When both fresh, Cain won the 1st round without question... and Cain should be fresh for most of the fight if they fight in Vegas which is why im mad becasue i think Cain will win the rematch

and I wanted arlovski vs werdum 2 for belt in 2015

12. Tylerlikesmma

Tylerlikesmma Brown Belt

I seriously hope you guys express your collective distaste for this bullcrap with your wallets by boycotting this pay-per-view.

The (non-Mexican) fans clearly don't want this.

13. MaKaSo

MaKaSo Orange Belt

Because Dana DOES NOT run the company on his own, probably doesnt even have the most voting power in the UFC. Dana probably said what made sense the most according to rankings at the time, people in the UFC probably thinks there's more money to be made doing it differently. Blaming Dana is stupid

14. Headkicktoleg

Headkicktoleg Steel Belt

because La Raza

15. IngaVovchanchyn

IngaVovchanchyn Titanium Belt Platinum Member

So you want me to not watch Cain fight because I do not think he is the optimal choice for the next title fight? Lol. Have fun with your boycott. I'm watching the fight.

16. NoBiasJustMMA

NoBiasJustMMA Steel Belt

They always seem to do what they think will get more casual viewers and that often doesn't make sense.

17. wallyboxngvsmma

wallyboxngvsmma Green Belt

Big mexican equals $

18. GetWrecked

GetWrecked Blue Belt

Then Cain will win the rematch and a trilogy will be made. So contenders at heavyweight will wait till 2017 to fight for the belt.

19. Tylerlikesmma

Tylerlikesmma Brown Belt

I hear there are nice serene streams you can sit next to & watch the fight, but by all means, plop down another $60 & send the UFC brass the message that you, as the consumer, want more of these incessant immediate rematches

20. VAfan

VAfan Gold Belt

i've posted that exact same thing in multiple threads already. i'm boycotting this card when it happens, and i seriously hope a shit-ton of other people do the same.

everyone should ignore the damn thing. let it completely tank with like a few thousand buys total - and then see if they're still arrogant enough to just keep doing whatever the hell pleases them with these automatic rematches.