so who will Jose Aldo fight at UFC 208 ?

Oh bullshit. You guys enter every Aldo thread and rehash the same tired nonsense over and over again.

Aldo's had 28 fights in a 12 year career. That's 2.33 fights per year.
Except that it's not "bullshit" - it's a statistical FACT that he has withdrawn from 50% of the fights he's had booked. That's not hate. That's not disrespect. That's a fact.

I'm an Aldo fan. I've been a fan since he KO'd Swanson in WEC. I'm still a fan today, and I'm not trying to shit on him at all. But he can't realistically make this demand - he's been too unreliable in the past. Imagine if they do give him this date and some other opponent (even though Holloway has earned the title shot five times over), what happens if he's injured again and has to withdraw? Do they make a *second* interim belt? Do they scrap the card altogether (like they did for 151 and 176)? These are real things that the UFC, a for-profit business, needs to consider.

If facts are offensive to you, maybe you should avoid interacting with other people.

The only FW that makes sense is Max. If it's not him, Aldo should test himself at LW.

That said, lol at Aldo insisting on a date. I understand he's frustrated, but how many times has he made someone wait for their shot?

Kinda comes with the territory of being the champion. Name one champion who's never pulled out when injured.

Except that it's not "bullshit" - it's a statistical FACT that he has withdrawn from 50% of the fights he's had booked. That's not hate. That's not disrespect. That's a fact.

Where did you study statistics?

28 fights in 12 years.

Pulled out of 5. LOL at your "facts".

Maybe Conor, he's taking a break but might have 13 seconds to spare
<{yearp}><{yearp}><{yearp}><{yearp}><{yearp}><{yearp}><{yearp}>

Oh bullshit. You guys enter every Aldo thread and rehash the same tired nonsense over and over again.

Yes, but due to getting hurt a lot he's had only 9 fights in 6 years in the UFC. Max has more UFC fights than that since losing to Conor and that was less than 3.5 years. and the last 5 have all come against Top-10 and Top-5 opponents.
Kinda comes with the territory of being the champion. Name one champion who's never pulled out when injured.
Yes, injuries happen. But Aldo has postponed 5 title fights during his reign. I understand. You get hurt, best to get well first. That's fine. But for him to now insist, this date or bust just strikes me as funny.

Yes, but due to getting hurt a lot he's had only 9 fights in 6 years in the UFC. Max has more UFC fights than that since losing to Conor and that was less than 3.5 years. and the last 5 have all come against Top-10 and Top-5 opponents.

There's a big difference between taking 3 round fights and 5 round title defenses against the top contenders.

Call me back when Aldo wins the 155lbs title.
Call me when Edgar beats Aldo. Twice. Cal me when Edgar wins the FW title and has 9 title defenses.

Aldo winning the LW title is 9X more likely than Edgar beating Aldo.

Call me when Edgar beats Aldo. Twice. Cal me when Edgar wins the FW title and has 9 title defenses.

Aldo winning the LW title is 9X more likely than Edgar beating Aldo.

Edgar won't pull out on 5/9 next fights tho.

#Josay GlassDo

Edgar won't pull out on 5/9 next fights tho.

#Josay GlassDo
Edgar won't be pulling out but the doctors will be pulling his unconscious body out the octagon on a stretcher 5/9 times when his chin cracks.

#Aldo2x>Edgar

The only FW that makes sense is Max. If it's not him, Aldo should test himself at LW.

That said, lol at Aldo insisting on a date. I understand he's frustrated, but how many times has he made someone wait for their shot?
Big difference between being out injured and being totally healthy yet doing Wtf. You aldo haters had no issue with mcgregor fucking up 200 because he was entitled to a rematch vs nate

There's a big difference between taking 3 round fights and 5 round title defenses against the top contenders.
There's also a big difference between 9 fights in 6 years and 10 fights in 3.5 years. And Max has been steadily beating the top contenders for the last couple years now, including a couple of 5 rounders. I'm not really trying to bag on Aldo, injuries are injuries, but him setting a date and saying now or never is just out of place.

Big difference between being out injured and being totally healthy yet doing Wtf. You aldo haters had no issue with mcgregor fucking up 200 because he was entitled to a rematch vs nate
I'm not an Aldo hater. I just recognize the humor in him saying it has to be this date. And what does Conor have to do with anything I wrote?

Amen brother, also averages something like 7.5 months between title defences, that is nuts and I can't think of many champs that match that.

Back