So, who the hell beats Petr Yan?

Why would aljo try to defend yan's takedowns when aljo wants the fight on the mat anyways?
Just because Aljo is a grappler doesnt mean he wants to be on the bottom getting beaten up. He's a wrestler with good bjj but hes not some savant off his back. I don't think Aljo wants Yan to be in his guard for very long, that isn't an ideal position for him even though he's the better grappler.

And as far as the strikes Aljo was landing, yes he had some success when he was pouring on some volume early on but two things to note:
1. He wasn't doing any damage as Yan was just blocking most of it and
2. He gassed because of that. You Can't overwhelm a guy with volume if you gas after a round lol.

Like I said, Petr is just an awful awful matchup for dude

Last edited:
New dad Cejudo will come back to get his belt.

Just because Aljo is a grappler doesnt mean he wants to be on the bottom getting beaten up. He's a wrestler with good bjj but hes not some savant off his back. I don't think Aljo wants Yan to be in his guard for very long, that isn't an ideal position for him even though he's the better grappler.

And as far as the strikes Aljo was landing, yes he had some success when he was pouring on some volume early on but two things to note:
1. He wasn't doing any damage as Yan was just blocking most of it and
2. He gassed because of that. You Can't overwhelm a guy with volume if you gas after a round lol.

Like I said, Petr is just an awful awful matchup for dude

He wasn't on the bottom getting beaten up though....yan was too afraid to commit, and when he did aljo was sweeping him. I assure you aljo does not mind working from his back against yan. The differences in their BJJ levels are significant.

Aljo didn't gas from volume striking, although it might be a contributing factor; he gassed mainly from spamming a forced takedown every 65 seconds. Everyone always talks about how wrestling is the most taxing, and that shows. Also kept up a higher striking pace against Munhoz for a longer period of time and that was because there was far less wrestling in that fight.

He doesn't need to hurt yan too much to outpoint him on the feet if he can use his volume to keep Yan hiding behind his guard most of the fight and then just avoid the big returns from yan.

Last edited:
TJ . . . if he's got is cycling right.

TJ fuelled by EPO is the most dangerous 135lb fighter in the world.

Imagine thinking BW is shallow.

Ts has some of the worst threads on this site.

Could be anyone if he doesn't pull the same antics as before in a title fight.

I don't see anyone right now. The best bet I think would be Aldo. He fought a very competitive fight till the 5th round. Aldo said he's still adjusting to the BW division. If Aldo can maintain his pace for 5 rounds and fight as well as he did vs Munoz, I think he could get a close decision. But he would need to fight one of the best fights of his career.

I'd love to see Aldo get the title, but it's just not happening. Not against Yan, anyway.

Aljo is by far the better mat grappler. There's a reason why Yan disengaged like his life depended on it anytime he took Aljo down. The one time he engaged, aljo started sweeping him immediately and then the round ended. He was also doing fine volume striking with Yan while he was fresh. If aljo comes into the fight in good shape, he can definitely outpoint or even sub Yan. That's a big IF, though, because he's coming off a major surgery.
Was he not in shape the first time they fought?

Back