So, who the hell beats Petr Yan?

Let's cut to the chase. I don't even wanna discuss the whole Sterling thing. He's gonna decapitate Aljo is a violent, merciless and timely manner.

That said, who the hell has anything for Petr Yan right now? And I say this as the ultimate Aldo fan. The guy is DAMN GOOD. BW is actually starting to feel a bit shallow when I think about it.

Idk homies. The man looks unfuckwithable right now..
Repaired neck Aljo with full range on motion on both arms and replenished grip strength
1305740622.0.jpg

Let's cut to the chase. I don't even wanna discuss the whole Sterling thing. He's gonna decapitate Aljo is a violent, merciless and timely manner.

That said, who the hell has anything for Petr Yan right now? And I say this as the ultimate Aldo fan. The guy is DAMN GOOD. BW is actually starting to feel a bit shallow when I think about it.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Song Yadong is very fun to watch in that division. He will rise but I think Yan is too technical for him. We probably have to wait another 2 years to see someone new that will pose a threat. MMA changes allot in 2 years.

I favor Yan over Aljo but do you think it's a good idea to look past Aljo like he doesn't have a chance? This is MMA, you never know.

Aldo gave him a pretty close fight before getting caught. With how slick Aldo's hands looked in his last fight, it's far from impossible that he gets it done. Otherwise, anyone in the top five can get it done. I'm pretty close to writing TJ off because he looked so bad against Sandhagen, but that may be an exception.
I don't see Aldo beating Yan. Yan takes him in the later rounds 6 days a week and twice on Sunday.

The failed takedown attempts absolutely had an effect. The sloppy strikes did as well. It was the combination of the two.

I think he should make it a slow paced fight tbh. Try to fight at range and edge Yan out in strikes each round, while occasionally clinching him against the fence to kill time. Otherwise, I don't think he will be able to take Yan down and keep him down. So making it a slow fight (like the Aldo vs Yan fight) and trying to outpoint him seems like one of the few ways he can win
That's the path I see for Aljo to win as well. He has a chance, i'm not sure why people are writing him off. I'm expecting Aljo to fight the way you are describing, it's his best chance.

Nobody. I believe he’ll be the greatest BW champion of all time.

Sterling embarrassed himself in that fight on several levels.

At 135 there isn't anyone that can beat Yan in a straight up fight barring some kind of fluke KO or injury

I think Yan at 145 would struggle though. There are guys at 145 who would have a size and strength advantage. Hell, Holloway would laugh at Yan's aggressiveness.

I think he wipes out Sterling and then sits on top of his division for several years.
"fluke" knocking someone out.... too funny.

idk but BW looks stacked right now.

Yan, sterling, aljo, sandhagen, Dillashaw, and Aldo!

it's fun,,, good fun.

Personally, i'm just happy to be hyped for Dillashaw and Aldo.

Reactions: HHJ
idk but BW looks stacked right now.

Yan, sterling, aljo, sandhagen, Dillashaw, and Aldo!

it's fun,,, good fun.

Personally, i'm just happy to be hyped for Dillashaw and Aldo.
The Snake's return and subsequent victory does shake things up quite a bit. If the Aljo/Yan thing wasnt tense enough.

Aldo still kickin around,Sandhagen one flying knee from fuckin anyone up...if TripleCringe returns,we got some serious fuckin action.

So far Petr Yan beats Petr Yan

Yan with another illegal strike. I don't think he can control himself.

I mean yes that's true but if we look at the matchup objectively, there really isn't a path to victory for Aljo.

Yan is the better striker.
Yan tooled Aljo in any grappling attempts Aljo made.
Aljo also gassed.

Yan is NOT the clear better striker between the two. Aljo was beating him in striking exchanges until he gassed. He needs to be more efficient with his energy in the rematch

I'm not saying Yan can't win, I'm saying that the rematch is far from safe

Between this thread and that embarrassing "We must defend the honor of MMA we are threatened by some 23 year old blonde kid!!!111!!" one, your threads kind of scream casual

There were fighters who eventually lost in their prime with far more dominance than Yan. Yan loses the early rounds in like half the fights he goes into. Lets pump the breaks here a bit shall we

Aljo strangles him in the rematch. Therefore giving him 2 victories over Yan. So no need to ever fight each other again.

Back