So...who should Gus fight next?

There are only two sold options. Either Davis or Cormier the winner of either fight would be the clear #1 contender.

Now that The jones vs glover fight is scheduled, who do you think gus should fight next?

The only real option that i see is lil nog. Or unless he waits for the winner of chael and rashad. I don't see him fighting davis unless it's for the belt.

Doesn't matter who he fights. He will destroy whoever it is

I like the evans sonnen winner. gives gus time to rest up a little bit then fight for a title eliminator (for gus at least). Also if Glover ends up losing a competitive fight we could see Gus vs. Glover. Doesnt make sense now but that could be an option after this jones glover fight.

This is the primary reason the rematch made sense. There really is no one else.

Gus should just say, "win or lose, I want Jon Jones next" and then pull a Werdum.

It also makes sense not to tie up one more division in endless rematches.

Mousasi (unless he goes to 185). Gus needs to face a dynamic striker and Manuwa isn't quite there yet ranking-wise

Lil Nog, Hendo/Vitor winner, Chael/Rashad winner.

He has options. I'd bet money he'd beat every single one of those guys pretty handily.

I hear you , but on what you base the Glover glass chin?

Glover went down from a shot that many fighters would have shrugged off.Bader isn't exactly the most distinguished power puncher at LHW. The fact that Glover hadn't really been tested except by a older Rampage shows that if Bader could that to Glover Gus could easily KO him.

He should retire. He is an insecure fighter. He was beaten cleanly and deserves to never be humiliated like that again.

Gegard at LHW or MW. Of any top-tier LHW (seeing as I feel Shogun has fallen off), Gus easily has the highest bodyfat %. He also has far less muscle mass on his lanky frame in comparison to his build analog, Jones, and I believe Gus walks barely over 210 wet before water cut to weigh in. If he's any heavier than that, I'd be shocked. That being said, Vitor cuts from higher than that to make MW. Gus should tone another 5 pounds of fat off and cut to MW. Fight Gegard at 185. Lay off the Swedish Meatballs and try the Dolce Diet or something.

I dont know why, but Phil Davis is not getting promoted by the UFC as much as Alex did, maybe if he was european he would.
He is an excellent fighter and a real threat to Jones.

His standup is next to nothing.

Cormier if he gets by Nelson.

I agree that Gustafsson is going to beat whoever he fights fights.

Wonder how a Gus vs Anderson fight would play out.

Gus vs Gegard would be fun to watch. I think he'll get the winner of Evans vs Chael but you never know.

he should just wait and get the next shot

It also makes sense not to tie up one more division in endless rematches.

I agree. That was mostly a troll post. UFC is in a weird situation at LHW and HW from a business standpoint. Talent pools are a bit shallow. On one hand you don't want to knock contenders out of contention... on the other hand, these ppl need fights.

If would be fine if Dana did not do everything based on business and more so on merit, but that is not the case... if that makes sense...

I think his name is a little too big now to fight Moose. (remember when it was Goose Vs Moose? Anyone? no? nvm failed pun).

No but seriously, Gus just elevated himself to must-see with that performance against Jones.

I'm guessing we'll see him fight a legit ppv main-eventer.

I want to say Machida, but I doubt Machida will go fight in Sweden, since that seems like where Goose's next fight will be.

I don't want Gus to book a fight against little Nog either. Actually the UFC won't even book something that risky for a Sweden main event. Little Nog would likely pull out.

Dream Match: Gus VS Vitor. doubt it will happen though.

Back