so who has nate beat at 155 to deserve title shot?

He won recently against another contender tho...MJ

MJ is a better win than RDA for Khabib, the RDA win was too long ago and isn't currently relevant
Fair. I wouldn't count it as highly for Diaz though (same reasons)

Are incapable of rational thought? That Conor got a title shot without deserving it doesn't mean any other idiot should... maybe you idiots all think the same o_O

Exactly. It was bullshit that Conor was gifted a LW title shot and it will still be bullshit if another fighter is gifted a LW title shot.

Dana.

GIF.gif

Exactly. It was bullshit that Conor was gifted a LW title shot and it will still be bullshit if another fighter is gifted a LW title shot.

Makes sense for one champion to challenge another and the UFC have always been open to doing that.

Makes sense for one champion to challenge another and the UFC have always been open to doing that.

There is no way that he should have been allowed to challenge for the LW belt when his own belt wasn't even unified. That is called putting the cart in front of the horse.

Also figure in that the LW division's #1 contender was sitting there without a fight signed.

His last 2 wins are Johnson and Conor,1 is good enough for a khabib shot and the other is the champ

There is no way that he should have been allowed to challenge for the LW belt when his own belt wasn't even unified. That is called putting the cart in front of the horse.

Also figure in that the LW division's #1 contender was sitting there without a fight signed.

If it was Frankie sitting there with the interim FW title you may have a point.

He'd already beaten Aldo, seems silly to unify your belt with the guy you took it from.

And I'm assuming you mean Khabib? Clear number one contender with only 1 win against anyone in the top 10 at the time.. :rolleyes:

If it was Frankie sitting there with the interim FW title you may have a point.

It did not matter who the interim champ was. The FW belt should be unified before the champion is allowed to challenge for another belt. Cart and horse.

And I'm assuming you mean Khabib? Clear number one contender with only 1 legit win at the time..

They are the UFC's own rankings. #1 is #1 no matter how you want to spin it.

It did not matter who the interim champ was. The FW belt should be unified before the champion is allowed to challenge for another belt. Cart and horse.

They are the UFC's own rankings. #1 is #1 no matter how you want to spin it.

So you accept the official p4p list as 100% legit?

If the media members all had CM Punk at number 1 at 170 would you be calling for him to get the next title shot?

The rankings have always been subjective at best. UFC never actually wanted them, Fox pressured them into it.

Remember when they had Chael ranked below Brian Stann and Bisping even though he'd beaten them both?

As Khabib himself would say, the rankings are "number one bullshit".

So you accept the official p4p list as 100% legit?

If the media members all had CM Punk at number 1 at 170 would you be calling for him to get the next title shot?

The rankings have always been subjective at best. UFC never actually wanted them, Fox pressured them into it.

Remember when they had Chael ranked below Brian Stann and Bisping even though he'd beaten them both?

As Khabib himself would say, the rankings are "number one bullshit".

P4P rankings are completely hypothetical and irrelevant.

-he had zero wins at LW in the UFC
-he had never even defended his own belt
-there was an interim champion in his own division waiting to unify
-the LW divisions #1 contender was not booked and ready to fight

These are all indisputable facts. The title shot was a gift.

Roughly the same situation is supposedly happening with Aldo right now and that is complete bullshit as well.

And this is false. Ask Aldo and Bendo and there is another that is slipping my mind.

P4P rankings are completely hypothetical and irrelevant.

-he had zero wins at LW in the UFC
-he had never even defended his own belt
-there was an interim champion in his own division waiting to unify
-the LW divisions #1 contender was not booked and ready to fight

These are all indisputable facts. The title shot was a gift.

Roughly the same situation is supposedly happening with Aldo right now and that is complete bullshit as well.

And this is false. Ask Aldo and Bendo and there is another that is slipping my mind.

-An interim champion who he knocked cold in 13 seconds
-He's the biggest draw in the sport by far

We both know Eddie vs Khabib couldn't have headlined UFC 205.

I think champions should always be able to challenge other champions.

Oh and we both agree that Andrade should get the next shot at JJ right?

Andrade is ranked number 5. It's not always who is sitting at number 1 that deserves the next shot.

-An interim champion who he knocked cold in 13 seconds
-He's the biggest draw in the sport by far

We both know Eddie vs Khabib couldn't have headlined UFC 205.

I think champions should always be able to challenge other champions.

Oh and we both agree that Andrade should get the next shot at JJ right?

Andrade is ranked number 5. It's not always who is sitting at number 1 that deserves the next shot.

These were the rankings at the time.

#1 Khabib

#2 RDA and #3 Ferguson were fighting each other in November.

#4 Diaz didn't want the fight. He only wants Conor.

#5 Barboza trains with Alvarez and said that he refuses to fight him.

#6 Johnson was on a 2 fight skid before Poirier.

#7 Cerrone is a WW now and was (supposed to be) fighting Gastellum at UFC 205. His last fight at LW was a title shot and he got embarrassed. He has no LW wins since.

Alvarez should have been fighting Khabib. Even Dana said that Khabib got fucked over. How often does he come out and admit something like that? He said that his decision to give Conor the LW title shot would make sense after Conor's "big announcement". It didn't.

These were the rankings at the time.

#1 Khabib

#2 RDA and #3 Ferguson were fighting each other in November.

#4 Diaz didn't want the fight. He only wants Conor.

#5 Barboza trains with Alvarez and said that he refuses to fight him.

#6 Johnson was on a 2 fight skid before Poirier.

#7 Cerrone is a WW now and was (supposed to be) fighting Gastellum at UFC 205. His last fight at LW was a title shot and he got embarrassed. He has no LW wins since.

Alvarez should have been fighting Khabib. Even Dana said that Khabib got fucked over. How often does he come out and admit something like that? He said that his decision to give Conor the LW title shot would make sense after Conor's "big announcement". It didn't.

They used Khabib as a pawn like Ariel said. UFC always wanted Conor to headline that show.

What do you make of this stuff Aldo's been saying about Khabib?

You can't be serious. Nate Conor 3 is the fight fans promoters and Conor/Nate wants so it's gonna appen but it seems Nate khabib will happen first which is a horrible matchup for khabib

They used Khabib as a pawn like Ariel said. UFC always wanted Conor to headline that show.
Conor was always going to headline the card. It should have been Aldo vs Conor to unify the belts. Eddie vs Khabib for LW title as co-main. Conor could have challenged the LW champ AFTER unifying his own belt. There was no reason that it had to be fast tracked, other than that is what Conor wanted.
What do you make of this stuff Aldo's been saying about Khabib?

I think that Dana is lying through his teeth to everyone involved.

Joined sherdog in 2016, doesn't want Nate to fight Conor again.....McTapper fan confirmed.

OH MY! You should never judge a book by it's cover date, my man is far from a Conor fan. I see no need for Nate to fight Conor anytime soon if ever for my liking's time Conor fight rightful contenders, frankly at this point I'm starting to think they're secret buds.

Last edited:
he earned the LW shot by being the FW champ, are you stupid?
Well doesn't that entitle Aldo to an immediate rematch? He is now FW champ, so he must be next in line, right?

Are incapable of rational thought? That Conor got a title shot without deserving it doesn't mean any other idiot should... maybe you idiots all think the same o_O
Sorry, I tend to deal in realities insterad of "should"'s

up you don't need merit these days, you just need to be able to sell PPV's the guys who earn it on merit just have to sit and wait until everyone else has been beat i.e damian maia he deserves a shot but while there is more potentially interesting fights he will have to sit and wait until there's not a lot else around.

UFC is slowly becoming a joke.

Nate Diaz has wins over MJ and McGregor
Khabib has wins over RDA and MJ
Ferguson has a good win over RDA most deserving is Khabib just due to his undefeated record and the way he destroyed RDA and MJ.

Back