So who gets the next titleshot at 155?

I hope Khabib fall out, Tony steps in and him and Conor produce an absolute classic

Really? I think that’s a fight the ufc knows sells no matter what happens in the next couple months. It’s a fight you keep in your pocket for a rainy day

Yea why would they try to maximize profit

<21>

Conor should push for the Tony fight if he wins, it's an easier match-up for him than Diaz. Plus, it's not like Nate won't wait around for the rubber match. We all now how much the Diaz brothers like to wait around.

Tony should get it if/when he beats Pettis

Really depends how all these fights turn out.
If Nate wins there's a good chance he fights Conor next whether Conor wins or loses. If Nate loses I can't see Conor fighting Tony, Pettis or Poirier. I think he'd be more likely to push for GSP or another title.
If Khabib wins I think Tony will get the shot if he beats Pettis. Khabib wants the GSP fight but I don't know if he's got the leverage to make it happen if Dana's really against it.
Not sure what they'd do if Khabib, Pettis and Poirier win though.

Tony if he wins.
If not Poirier/Nate winner.
Pettis would probably need one more.

The only answer is Ferguson. Technically he is also the champ too

For Poirier to take the Nate Diaz fight after he basically said he's only gonna accept a title-shot next.....says to me that the UFC promised Poirier that he WILL get the title shot if he beats Nate Diaz.
Given how injury prone Ferguson is, and the fact that they've made multiple attempts to do Khabib/Ferguson (Dana got pissed off it never happened)...... my prediction is that if Khabib wins in October, then the next 155lb title-fight will be Khabib vs Poirier. Khabib himself has said "poirier deserves it" and Khabib will have a lot of say.

So even if Ferguson wins and Khabib wins, it'll be Poirier i think. If Khabib loses...then whoever Conor wants and i don't think Conor wants Ferguson at all, so prob Conor vs Diaz (even though Diaz will lose to Poirier).

if conor wins GSP

if khabib wins ferguson

Conor wins, Nate wins, then Nate most likely, Tony could get it with a win and Nate losing, both losing, Poirier could, i mean, he beat Pettis, has history with Conor, i wouldnt be too mad about it, they dont want to give title shots to GSP, but the money could be too tempting.

Edit: Khabib and Tony win then is clear as day they would, even if the matchup is jinxed to no end, GSP could get it too, but again, they dont want to give GSP more title fights, Poirier could get one with a win.

Nate and Conor lose they might make the trilogy next.

Khabib's first defense will be an epic war vs Fergoatson. Such a compelling matchup that finally needs to happen

Conspiracy time? Dana had his gones to take out tony before his last fight to set up connor khabib.. he will do the same to porier to set up connor disz 3 if connor wins

Conor should push for the Tony fight if he wins, it's an easier match-up for him than Diaz. Plus, it's not like Nate won't wait around for the rubber match. We all now how much the Diaz brothers like to wait around.
Where is the evidence that Tony is an easier fight than Nate?? Sure he might possibly be, but last time I checked, Nate is the one with a career record of 19-13 and Tony is the one with one of highest win percentages in UFC history, and posseses many of the same attributes that have Conor trouble.

Really depends how all these fights turn out.
If Nate wins there's a good chance he fights Conor next whether Conor wins or loses. If Nate loses I can't see Conor fighting Tony, Pettis or Poirier. I think he'd be more likely to push for GSP or another title.
If Khabib wins I think Tony will get the shot if he beats Pettis. Khabib wants the GSP fight but I don't know if he's got the leverage to make it happen if Dana's really against it.
Not sure what they'd do if Khabib, Pettis and Poirier win though.

If Khabib, pettis and poirier win, they gotta do Khabib vs Poirier next with Lee vs Pettis for the next contender shot. In this scenario I'd love to see Gaejthe vs Ferguson for some guaranteed violence.

If Khabib wins- Ferguson

If Conor wins- nobody until they have another interim title fight

Lets say everything goes according to plan, no one gets injured and Tony beats Pettis, will he get it? Or will the winner betweem Diaz and Poirier get it? Hell if Conor wins and GSP wants to fight him will GSP get it? What are your guyses thoughts?

It depends on who wins on Oct 6th. If Conor wins based on his track record it might be Paulie. If Khabib wins it should be back to business as usually, unless Dana makes the GSP fight.

I think it will be Khabib vs Tony and hopefully it will finally happen. Those two will make one hell of a fight.

McGregor doesn’t need a title to fight Diaz they’ll make a lot of money no matter what. I honestly think that McGregor is finished as a fighter, but he will still fight because as long as he makes a show (even if he losses), he’ll bring lots of attention and money.

Khabib vs Fergusson will be the next theoretical title fight, Poirier will step in on short notice

Back