So who does Tony fight?

Maybe they'll bring him as a backup in case Khabib or Conor pulls out. Same way as they did with Volkov at UFC 226.
We gotta see where McGregor Khabib is scheduled, as that seems like the reason why Nate is on 230.

Doing Tony Conor is like throwing money away when you have Conor Nate 3.

I think he plans to wait for his title shot. UFC may try to convince him otherwise. I don't blame him for not being in a rush to jump in against one of the other contenders until things become much clearer.

I like Tony's fighting style., and think he still deserves the next shot. He has very little weaknesses in the cage. Strong chin, and innovative jits and stand-up. That said, as a fan of his, I'd like to see him hit the ground running by feeding him someone like Pettis, or Gaetje
What did Pettis ever do to you, homes? Pettis is no where close to being able to hang with the elite, and will get smashed worse than Diamond did him.

What did Pettis ever do to you, homes? Pettis is no where close to being able to hang with the elite, and will get smashed worse than Diamond did him.
He's just been off so long I'd like to see him get a warm-up before fighting the winner of Conor vs Khabib.

The winner of Khabib v Conor or the winner of Poirier v Diaz

He's just been off so long I'd like to see him get a warm-up before fighting the winner of Conor vs Khabib.
That's why I just can't see him taking Lee, in a three rounder, after a knee injury. His cardio may also be way off, as he had to sit for 6 months.

Khabib X Conor winner or Diaz X Porier winner...Either way he isn't fighting anytime soon with that injury.

With Khabib-Conor and Poirer-Diaz
Who does that leave for Tony to fight, Pettis, Lee, Gaethje/Vick winner?
Who do you think would be the best fight?
Best fight DEFINITELY = Gaethje, but that likely wont happen. Gaethje vs anyone is FOTY, but against these elite UFC guys, he loses. Gaethje Diaz would be hot fire up the wazzoo too, as it would be a race to: which bone she breaks first, Justin's face or Nate's leg?

i wanna see them run that one back. but in all honesty, i almost hope lee misses weight again so he finally does what he should and moves to 170.

I see where you're coming from but do you not think he'd be a little undersized at 170?

i wanna see them run that one back. but in all honesty, i almost hope lee misses weight again so he finally does what he should and moves to 170.

I see where you're coming from but do you not think he'd be a little undersized at 170?

That's why I just can't see him taking Lee, in a three rounder, after a knee injury. His cardio may also be way off, as he had to sit for 6 months.
Lee's an extremely dangerous fight for everyone in the division, though I think Tony matches up best with him. At some point, these two gotta scrap.

Lee's an extremely dangerous fight for everyone in the division, though I think Tony matches up best with him. At some point, these two gotta scrap.
The match I REALLY wanna see is Khabib vs Lee, or even Makhachev vs Lee. Lee is an absolute bloody powerhouse for atleast first round, with great American wrestling, power and grappling, and I would love to see that combo of traits go up against the best of the Daga Sambo fighters.

He won't be fighting in 2018. The division will keep moving, so it's hard to match make now.

By his own admission Lee doesn't have many more 155 fights in him. Every interview he's done the past year he brings up the UFC making a 165 division.

With Khabib-Conor and Poirer-Diaz
Who does that leave for Tony to fight, Pettis, Lee, Gaethje/Vick winner?
Who do you think would be the best fight?
Gaethje or Alvarez

He won't be fighting in 2018. The division will keep moving, so it's hard to match make now.
This, hopefully TF plays it smart and doesn’t rush back into title contention, I’d actually like to see him take a tune up fight to see where he’s at. But I highly doubt that would be Tony’s style, no doubt as soon as he’s healthy he’ll be looking to notch another elite win.

Stop it with the excuses already Lee made a stupid mistake did'nt respect Tony's guard and paid for it Tony's already seen Lee's game he's not scared

Your mistake is you are referring to what happened when Tony fought Staph Lee.

Back