So which Tyson Fury vs Wilder fight was the best?

3 was obviously the best one.
Give it a year and some fights and we could see a 4th.
Remember Marquez and Pacquiaos four fights spanned 8 years and 5 weight classes.

See,I think 3 was better because Fury had the same gameplan, but Wilder was more prepared for it and made a better fight of it.

I don’t disagree. I prefer the second one purely based on the fighter I was supporting putting in a great performance. Just a personal preference but the 3rd was a better fight all things considered

Third easily. Without agenda third is easily the best fight.

The first fight was the best, because Fury had been on the shelf so long it was a foregone conclusion that Wilder was going to beat him. The plot twist of Fury beating up Wilder for most of the fight was genuinely surprising and exciting.

The second fight was fun but not as fun. Fury was saying stuff in the lead up that sounded crazy. He had replaced a coach he was successful with. He was planning to be more aggressive against one of the best power punchers in the sport. There was a question of whether Wilder could come in with a better game plan, fix some of the holes, etc... In the end it wasn't even competitive.

The 3rd fight was a given. Wilder hadn't been able to do much in 2 fights. He was making excuses. He was making accusations. He seemingly wasn't in a good place mentally and physically we'd seen him beaten (twice IMO) by a younger man. In the end Wilder had an exciting moment or two, but it was basically one way traffic.

3 was the best in terms of pure action because there was knockdowns both ways etc. But going in that was the least hyped fight of the trilogy, and largely viewed as unnecessary.

2 was pretty hyped and had decent action although it was very one sided. It was pretty surprising and funny seeing Fury all of a sudden turn into a wrecking ball.

1 was the most interesting going in because it was a fresh match up. Pretty low volume fight though, but punctuated by the knockdowns. The late KD and Furys unlikely comeback from it was probably the craziest moment of the trilogy.

1 because the bag flopping around on Furys left hand made history as a first in boxing

upload_2021-10-15_15-54-22-png.885021

upload_2021-10-15_15-52-56-png.885019

upload_2021-10-15_15-53-45-png.885020

upload_2021-10-15_15-55-0-png.885022

upload_2021-10-21_13-30-12.png
upload_2021-10-21_13-30-30.png
upload_2021-10-21_13-30-54.png
upload_2021-10-21_13-31-10.png

Lol definitely the first

None of those look like Fury's gloves. You're showing mostly examples of fighters slapping with their palms, which is illegal, tampered gloves or not.

The Ali one, I actually found the portion of the Holmes fight that is from and posted the video in the Fury cheating thread, he's not even throwing a punch. He's waving his left hand to try to set up a sneaky right. He's not even punching.

The Ali one, I actually found the portion of the Holmes fight that is from and posted the video in the Fury cheating thread, he's not even throwing a punch. He's waving his left hand to try to set up a sneaky right. He's not even punching.
I think the point being made with this is that it's a natural position for a glove to get into even if the boxer's hand is fully in the glove, so disproving the "the glove flops so his fist was in the laces" argument. Nothing to do with the legality of the punch or slap which is a much milder accusation.

2nd was my favorite, Fury boxed so good. It probably had something with Wilder boxing terribly that night, but Furys footwork, feints and head movement were on point

The third is the only fight that I can envision myself rewatching years from now, as a fan of neither guy. In the first, there wasn't much activity, but it just had that amazing 12th round moment. The second fight was very one sided. The third has a lot more going for it.

The first fight was epic but the decision really leaves a bad taste in my mouth, so I cant pick that one, its clear Fury won. Ironically if that decision hadn’t been wrong we would probably not have this great fun trilogy? So maybe it was for the best, which I hate myself for thinking by the way. But yeah, the first fight was great, even if I didnt like how Tyson decided to approach it.

Second fight, as said before, was hillarious, Wilder expected the same type of Fury than the first fight and Fury just came and rammed his ass, Wilder was exhausted in the first 30 seconds and I thought I was looking at cops vs Rodney king or something, then the excuses wilder made, it was just pure entertainment and an epic consolidation for the best HW in the sport.

Third fight lacked a lot of skill, two big tired dudes holding each other and swinging like drunk people at a bar but at the same time it was my favorite, Wilder brought the heart I didnt know he had, dude went out like a true legend and Fury again had to get up and knock him out. Wilder actually had some sort of plan this time, (lasted for like 2 minutes but he had one) tried jabbing the body and being uncharacteristically aggresive. Fury came out with a confidence that made you think he would KO him in RD1 and the guy found himself looking at the lights with a “WTF face” as if he just remembered he was fighting one of the most lethal right straights in the history of the sport.

Then that fucking ending, wilder just fell like a dead man, these two guys are legends, even if wilder is a PoS

Back