So, which faction won the cyber-war? GSP's or Silva's?

Silva had the better UFC career. Unquestionably.

Not exactly "unquestionably", since the 3 guys before you and the 2 after all picked GSP.
But thanks for your vote.

I think we need a new GOAT poll. Fedor has always won those as far as I remember and I think Silva used to be a close second. I think Fedor will win with a greater margin, GSP or Jones will come in as second/third now and Silva may go even lower than Aldo.

It would be interesting, with
-Aldo being so unpopular right now because of the Conor legions of "0.99 pure Irish" fans.
-Jones being out of the sport for an unknown time frame. For all we know he might not have his next fight until 2 years from now on... that + his extremely bizarre levels of testosterone found during his surprise test. People are getting suspicious.
-Fedor coming back to MMA
-Silva pissing hot

It shakes things up quite a bit. These polls are basically popularity contests, if you included Conor McGregor in a serious "official" annual Sherdog p4p poll he would steal so much points...

-Jones has always been openly disliked by MMA fans, his Sherdoge fanbase was already very small for such an elite fighter, but with all the stuff he's done recently (no, not this kind of "stuff") his popularity reached a new low.

Wait he does have one fan left, that dude with the avatar of him kicking Gus and the signature that reads "Jones barely trained for the Gus fight" and the rounds he believe Jones won in the Gus fight, and who tells everyone to get over the Gus fight already.

-Anderson pissing hot has led many fans to wonder if he has been juicing since the PRIDE days; since the Silva faction pre-caught red-handed always, in an attempt to discredit Fedor (who has always passed the Sambo drug tests, which are even stricter than the current UFC's) always hammered that PRIDE didn't test and blablabla...
They kinda shot themselves in the foot with that argument.
"Let's say Anderson was the only clean guy in PRIDE then! Wow that really solves all our problems... also the Chonan fight was clearly a fix because yakuza"

I'd be curious to see the new results as well. I think Fedor takes it, then GSP, then Silva, Jones, and Aldo last.
Maybe Werdum will make an entrance with his recent demolition of Cain V?
Weird to think that not that long ago Barao was in the mix... :icon_conf

Such a dumb thread.

You can't even go back and watch GSP's fights because they are so damn boring. He couldn't finish a fucking sandwich, cheated against a LW, and stepped away before enhanced drug testing started and still hasn't shown interest in a Hendricks rematch.

Silva's career will always overshadow GSP's, whether you like it or not.

Not exactly "unquestionably", since the 3 guys before you and the 2 after all picked GSP.
But thanks for your vote.

It would be interesting, with
-Aldo being so unpopular right now because of the Conor legions of "0.99 pure Irish" fans.
-Jones being out of the sport for an unknown time frame. For all we know he might not have his next fight until 2 years from now on... that + his extremely bizarre levels of testosterone found during his surprise test. People are getting suspicious.
-Fedor coming back to MMA
-Silva pissing hot

It shakes things up quite a bit. These polls are basically popularity contests, if you included Conor McGregor in a serious "official" annual Sherdog p4p poll he would steal so much points...

-Jones has always been openly disliked by MMA fans, his Sherdoge fanbase was already very small for such an elite fighter, but with all the stuff he's done recently (no, not this kind of "stuff") his popularity reached a new low.

Wait he does have one fan left, that dude with the avatar of him kicking Gus and the signature that reads "Jones barely trained for the Gus fight" and the rounds he believe Jones won in the Gus fight, and who tells everyone to get over the Gus fight already.

-Anderson pissing hot has led many fans to wonder if he has been juicing since the PRIDE days; since the Silva faction pre-caught red-handed always, in an attempt to discredit Fedor (who has always passed the Sambo drug tests, which are even stricter than the current UFC's) always hammered that PRIDE didn't test and blablabla...
They kinda shot themselves in the foot with that argument.
"Let's say Anderson was the only clean guy in PRIDE then! Wow that really solves all our problems... also the Chonan fight was clearly a fix because yakuza"

I'd be curious to see the new results as well. I think Fedor takes it, then GSP, then Silva, Jones, and Aldo last.
Maybe Werdum will make an entrance with his recent demolition of Cain V?
Weird to think that not that long ago Barao was in the mix... :icon_conf

I have a feeling Silva would be 5th in standing because it feels like a lot of Silva fans have turned against him. I myself have been a long time silva fan and still consider him one of the greatest fighters to ever have lived but I wouldn't vote for him in a GOAT poll anymore.

Did they delete the other thread because Dick shared his PMs?

I laffed at the write up.

Such a dumb thread.

You can't even go back and watch GSP's fights because they are so damn boring. He couldn't finish a fucking sandwich, cheated against a LW, and stepped away before enhanced drug testing started and still hasn't shown interest in a Hendricks rematch.

Silva lost 3x more than George, and prolly would have lost even more had he not been on the sauce. He's not even good enough to carry George's spit bucket.

Aaannd the GSP hate thread has been deleted :icon_chee

Such a dumb thread.

Well at least, he isn't a steroid cheat. :redface: I mean, unless this is what you are implying?
But you wouldn't have the balls to actually speak your mind and say that GSP was on PEDs, right?
You wouldn't have the balls to do that?
Ok, was just making sure, just in case. ;)

Anderson fanboys are as desperate as ever to bring down GSP now that their boys legacy has been almost completely ruined.

Such a dumb thread.

GSP would be able to finish fights too if he had ROID power like Anderson and fought lower tier competition like he did. Anderson also cheated against a welterweight, the same guy GSP beat fair and square. And retiring on a close decision win is better than going out by getting KTFO, then having your leg broke, then getting popped for steroids and having your entire legacy and accomplishments put into question.

GSP will go down as G.O.A.T. Anderson will be remembered as the Lance Armstrong of MMA.

Silva lost 3x more than George, and prolly would have lost even more had he not been on the sauce. He's not even good enough to carry George's spit bucket.

That doesn't matter. He was a better fighter than Georges, and it's pretty much universally agreed. I don't think a champion will ever have as many consecutive decisions as GSP. No one will look back and want to re-watch GSP's career.

Aaannd the GSP hate thread has been deleted :icon_chee

Well at least, he isn't a steroid cheat. :redface: I mean, unless this is what you are implying?
But you wouldn't have the balls to actually speak your mind and say that GSP was on PEDs, right?
You wouldn't have the balls to do that?
Ok, was just making sure, just in case. ;)

"Wouldn't have the balls" lol it's the internet son

GSP would be able to finish fights too if he had ROID power like Anderson and fought lower tier competition like he did. Anderson also cheated against a welterweight, the same guy GSP beat fair and square. And retiring on a close decision win is better than going out by getting KTFO, then having your leg broke, then getting popped for steroids and having your entire legacy and accomplishments put into question.

GSP will go down as G.O.A.T. Anderson will be remembered as the Lance Armstrong of MMA.

This post is nothing but mindless babble. Anderson was a fighter, GSP started off as one too but turned into more of just an athlete. His fights were boring, he couldn't finish anybody, he has a robotic personality, and like I said... he 'stepped away' from the sport before the enhanced drug testing began. He won't rematch Hendricks, the man that most people feel beat him.

No one considers GSP the GOAT, son. It's Jones and Anderson then everyone else.

That doesn't matter. He was a better fighter than Georges, and it's pretty much universally agreed. I don't think a champion will ever have as many consecutive decisions as GSP. No one will look back and want to re-watch GSP's career.

"Wouldn't have the balls" lol it's the internet son

This post is nothing but mindless babble. Anderson was a fighter, GSP started off as one too but turned into more of just an athlete. His fights were boring, he couldn't finish anybody, he has a robotic personality, and like I said... he 'stepped away' from the sport before the enhanced drug testing began. He won't rematch Hendricks, the man that most people feel beat him.

Your post is nothing but hate and babble. Mine is full of facts. You failed to address anything I countered you on and went back to repeating yourself all over again.

And lol at GSP having a robotic personality. He was one of the biggest draws in the history of the sport regardless, and Anderson couldn't draw a dime before Chael Sonnen made him a star.

Your post is nothing but hate and babble. Mine is full of facts. You failed to address anything I countered you on and went back to repeating yourself all over again.

And lol at GSP having a robotic personality. He was one of the biggest draws in the history of the sport regardless, and Anderson couldn't draw a dime before Chael Sonnen made him a star.

Yet despite all of those PPV buyrates and empty promises, Anderson will be more celebrated in MMA than Georges.

Yet despite all of those PPV buyrates and empty promises, Anderson will be more celebrated in MMA than Georges.

Talk about delusional. On no planet will a steroid cheater be more celebrated than a classy, humble, role-model, who accomplished everything he's earned fair-and-square.

Talk about delusional. On no planet will a steroid cheater be more celebrated than a classy, humble, role-model, who accomplished everything he's earned fair-and-square.
Keep thinking that, son. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Keep telling yourself that, kiddo.
One is a proven steroid cheat, and the other a universally disliked criminal who had some extremely suspicious levels of testosterone when he got arrested (was it when he rammed into the car of a pregnant woman and ran away?).

And lol at your signature, you sure are one edgy kid! :icon_lol: You tell 'em!

You're the only remnants of a dead bandwagon kiddo, trying to bash GSP and accuse him of being on PEDs to feel better about Silva's failure. You are exactly what I've described in the OP.

Go crawl back in your "Silva is the best eva!" circle-jerk thread in which you can fantasize about whatever you like with your 2 buddies, GSP being a cheater, GSP losing to Hendricks (1.3.5 kiddo ), BJ Penn being the GOAT, etc etc.

God damn it, the Anderson faction always had some lunatics in it, but this kid is out of his fucking mind... or like his signature, he is doing it for attention? :icon_conf

Anderson is a great fighter, but attracts the worst scum... a bit like BJ Penn...

Pretty sure we all lost. Silva is a proven cheater and his legions have doubled down on accusing GSP while Sherdog mods allow them to accuse with impunity.

GSP is definitely the GOAT candidate most hated among sherdog mods. No other fighter is allowed to be bashed as much on these boards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back