So, which faction won the cyber-war? GSP's or Silva's?

It's pretty easy to tell which side is winning. When one side looks more like haters of the other fighter than like fans of their own.

Most "GSP fans" sound like butthurt Silva haters. Just like how most "Aldo fans" sound like butthurt Conor haters.

GSP getting more hate now that Silva has been definitely sniped by PED testing.

Most big names in the sport get accused with unsubstantiated claims of PED use. Why would GSP, a guy who was a notorious over-trainer in the gym, had the physique of a running back, and was the face of of the UFC for ~5yrs, be immune to such accusations?

Because it's Sherdog policy. There are whole threads created solely to accuse him. Other fighters you take one wrong step anywhere near an accusation and you are dubbed and threatened with a ban.

GSP's physique is nothing special for someone who is, as you said, a year round over trainer.

Anderson and GSP and P4P best only on Sherdog. The old timers know it was Fedor.

Did you forget about the BJ Penn Faction? Many usernames were banned and infractions meted out during the GSP vs BJ wars from 2006-2009. I am a veteran of those wars and I barely survived, and now have a bum knee.

Anderson was exciting. GSP was boring. Who cares who was a better fighter by some made up standard?

You seem like a pretty intelligent guy but this is a shit thread.

It's over so just let it go.

Just the mere mention of GSP is making me want to go to sleep early and it a Saturday night.

Interesting perspective of the never ending holocaust haha. And by never ending I mean this is really a matter of opinions and everyone will have a different one, thinking someone is better then them all.

Well for me its Fedor. Not much needed to say but the uniqueness in the post is much appreciated. Instead of just saying whose the GOAT, telling the story made it much easier to have this thread.

Fedor lost when he was dominated 3 times in a row.
Silva lost when beaten senselessly 2 times in a row, while using PEDs.
GSP won hands down.
I have no dog in this Fight, but this is just my perspective.

I actually received an infraction not earlier than yesterday for talking about Anderson roiding days, but now you're telling me that GSP (who never got caught, and for all we know, never used) haters are calling him a roider and they are let free to roam the roads among the good citizen of Sherdog?

Shame!

There is a new thread entirely dedicated to GSP being a roider. Over 9 hours of accusations. No mods have done anything.

Did you forget about the BJ Penn Faction? Many usernames were banned and infractions meted out during the GSP vs BJ wars from 2006-2009. I am a veteran of those wars and I barely survived, and now have a bum knee.
I definitely didn't forget them! My first account was created in 2005 and it took an arrow to it's knee after the second GSP/BJ fight. RIP in peace "Hammer House n1" :icon_sad:

Like I said in the first post:
Alliances were made, who could forget when the soundly defeated BJ Penn shaft-cleaners (not big in numbers, but huge in talk) made a pact with the Anderson hordes. Anderson claimed that BJ was his favorite fighter, and they saw a breach. They joined the Silva army, claimed that GSP is a greaser and a coward, promised not to mention even once Silva's losses in PRIDE and the Chael/Silva 1 debacle... and their lineage ended like that...
BJ Penn's faction was mostly absorbed by Silva's, since he was the one whose fans could give GSP's a run for their money.
The rest were drowned in "lol Penn needs his mama to fight GSP in his place" and "BJ called George a quitter for taping to strikes, while he himself quit between rounds which is a 10x more shameful display since he wasn't injured, just gassed, he was scared to get back in there with "Rush" and get finished like a man, he quit, he quit!!!! we've won!!!!" threads.

GSP positives - Goat WW, most title fights and wins, huge draw, and has defeated top quality opponents.

GSP negatives - GOAT point fighter, king of wrasslemania and retired on a highly controversial decision.

Anderson Silva positives - GOAT MW, most title defenses in a row, most wins in a row, greatest striker of all time.

Anderson Silva negatives - taunted/disrespected opponents, tested positive multiple times for steroids after a career threatening injury.

Jon Jones positives - greatest LHW. Technically undefeated. Current best fighter in the UFC.

Jon Jones negatives - dirty fighter, and got himself stripped of the title.

As far as who is the best overall out of these 3 I would list it

Jones
Anderson
Georges

I don't necessarily agree with all your points, but thanks for your input.
I left Jones out on purpose since it's a factions war, and Jones doesn't have a substantial force to fight his cyber-brawls for him. He's been forgotten.
His "fans" used to say that it didn't matter if Jones had zero personality and was generally disliked, that just meant that "he have 0 fucks lol!" (+ racism accusations started by Joe Rogan) and it was even better.

Captain Insight would like to have a word with these guys right now.

Also, GSP had plenty of exciting fights and Anderson had several boring ones too.

I think GSP won by default legacy wise, but I'll still be showing my kids Silva highlights when it's time to get them into this infuriating sport.
I think it pretty much sums it up, but don't forget to show them some early GSP fights. The ways he demolished Penn in the second fight in he one and only "champ vs champ" UFC superfight, his brutal revenge on Matt Serra, his 2x dismantling of former WW GOAT Matt Hughes, the Sean Sherk fight, the Condit one, the Karo one for a good Judo vs Wrestling match-up.

Anderson and GSP and P4P best only on Sherdog. The old timers know it was Fedor.
I'm on the Fedor n

Last edited:
Interesting perspective of the never ending holocaust haha. And by never ending I mean this is really a matter of opinions and everyone will have a different one, thinking someone is better then them all.

Well for me its Fedor. Not much needed to say but the uniqueness in the post is much appreciated. Instead of just saying whose the GOAT, telling the story made it much easier to have this thread.
First; thank you ^^
Second, I also believe Fedor remains the GOAT, but to include him (or Jones, or Aldo) in this thread would have been too much work.
If we can reach a consensus between GSP and Silva first (and it looks like GSP's fans are winning for now), we can match them up against the tough, no-bullshit, fierce and proud Fedor enthusiasts.

Fun OP. Great work TS.
Thank you, glad to have provided some fun :p

There is a new thread entirely dedicated to GSP being a roider. Over 9 hours of accusations. No mods have done anything.
I see now, this thread: http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/drug-samples-can-tested-years-shouldnt-gsp-return-3054191/

Just from the OP, you can tell it's a not-very-subtle Silva fanboy with an agenda.
He got caught roiding, so "everybody uses PEDs anyway!"

It is known that they reached this consensus a couple hours after Anderson pissed hot.

"Our guy got caught, but it's not over, what would be swell from us would be to pretend that we all knew that everyone uses, so we can appear smart; forget the "Anderson-senpai is too honorable to take steroids" bullshit, and imagine =>
"Well derp, Silva was juicing LOL BIG SURPRISE, how naive are you guys? PEDs have always been part of the sport and blablabla..."
BUT also add "after a career-ending injury" every time you have to admit Silva was roiding;
That way we subliminally insert the thought that he only did this once to recover from that fluke loss to Weidman... what? No, the second fluke loss!
Oh, and don't forget to hammer that PRIDE didn't test for steroids, that will show these "Fedor GOAT" losers who's boss. What? Anderson fought for PRIDE? Well that goes full circle with our "they all juice, get over it damn it, you're worse than gossiping chicks".
With that and our constant gossiping about Jon's tests that revealed some extremely abnormal testosterone levels, and everything will be forgotten in one year max.
Unless Silva says some dumb shit like he took some dick pills cut with steroids, we're safe.

Fedor lost when he was dominated 3 times in a row.
Silva lost when beaten senselessly 2 times in a row, while using PEDs.
GSP won hands down.
I have no dog in this Fight, but this is just my perspective.
+
GSP huggers won between the two, but fedor is still the goat
+
=
More posts in favor of GSP, too bad I can't open a poll but I think it's clear that his clan won the war in the end.
When you play the Sherdog Game Of p4p Thrones, you don't piss hot or you are kicked out of the rankings.

GSP-InSuit.jpg

GSP getting more hate now that Silva has been definitely sniped by PED testing.

It's about the same when he was an active fighter. When GSP entered the past, Sherdog wasn't so hateful. Then Ando got popped.

GSP had already won long ago, people are just now realizing it.

GSP has always been the greatest. There is no room for debate, if you disagree that he was the greatest then you're simply wrong.

That's just how it is

I think we need a new GOAT poll. Fedor has always won those as far as I remember and I think Silva used to be a close second. I think Fedor will win with a greater margin, GSP or Jones will come in as second/third now and Silva may go even lower than Aldo.

Back