So when will the haters give chimaev credit?

Calling him the future champ might be premature, but there's nothing wrong with being excited about a young prospect. Every GOAT was a young prospect at some point.
He's like Jones. Or Khabib. After seeing him in action, you just know. He's going to be champ.

Only miserable cunts could hate on a lot guy that gives highly entertaining fights every other week.

if you don’t like Khamzat, you’re not a real fight fan.
Just because your dick sucking skills are questioned by other posters, doesn't mean the posters actually hate Khamzat. It's just that nut riding betas will always be looked down on by alphas.

Meh. He seems good, but it’s hard to know what his ceiling is. He doesn’t stand out as a generational talent like Jon Jones, but he could be a future champion. He deserves respect for taking advantage of his opportunities thus far, but you’ve got idiots on here saying he’s going to be the first triple champ. It’s hard to imagine him doing much against Usman or Adesanya, at least with what we’ve seen so far against cans. Of course haters are going to be present in response to crazy hype.

I get what you’re trying to say, but implying that he could have better (to prove that he’s legit) is laughable. I haven’t seen a fighter look more dominating in his first fights ever. Not even Jon. That doesn’t mean that he’ll be the GOAT, however it has to mean something.

There are no haters. There are only fans who pretend there are haters so they feel better about who they like.

Welcome to the world of Sherdog.......where you'll find someone shitting on a fighter no matter the name.

I mean, if he was fighting anyone else in the top 15 except Maia and Lawler, I would give him a ton of credit. But those two, Lawler is super washed, and Maia is an easy stylistic matchup.

Fight someone like Magny or Price or Luque and I'll jump on board the train and bring my family along as well.
I argued Maia is actually the single most dangerous person in the whole sport for him:

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...hamzat-sig-why-maia-is-a-huge-threat.4134366/

Solely due to his confidence. If he follows through on his stated gameplan (take down Maia and choke him out to make a statement) I think he is more likely to beat Kamaru than to beat Maia.

Who knows if he is just saying it, but let's put it this way... I wouldn't be surprised, considering his level of confidence, if that was truly his gameplan.

I do think the UFC is seeing people dismiss Maia because people aren't processing the gravity of what Khamzat was suggesting, so they may just discard the fight altogether now. Sort of a shame IMO.

Last edited:
When he beats someone who isn't an unranked can.

LOL a post where all you do is put words in peoples mouths. Everyone knew he was gonna beat GM and Maia so whats the fucking point of these fights? Maia is old as hell, he is a BRICK! Use your brain numnuts.
Multiple people said GM3 would "expose" him prior to the fight. I don't give a shit enough to do a search if you were one or not though.

More people still said he loses to anyone ranked. And Maia is ranked. Again, don't give a shit enough to search if you were one of them, as it isn't really relevant to my point.

Not to generalize or anything... but why is Sherdog almost always black and white about everything. You’re a can or a GOAT. Not everybody can be the best in the world. You can only fight who they put in front of you. I still haven’t decided how high I think this man can climb the ladder. But, I’m more interested in what is actually happening before my eyes than in dreaming up the most insane hypotheticals all the time.

He’s beaten two guys of questionable UFC ability. He just KO’d the number 23 rank MW. And he’s been very impressive. I’m all for seeing what comes next, whatever that may be.

This fascination with being the first on a hype train, or the first to call for it’s inevitable demise is not cool imo.

As purported fans of mma, I’d think you’d all just enjoy the entertainment value of the guy to this point. This place seems like some weird psych 101 role playing game to me. You’re all over the chart, guys. Let’s not even talk about Race, Religion, and Politics. That’s when you guys really lose it.

When He accepts my challange and defeats me i will give him respect. I am 5'11, 140 pounds. I have never trained a day in my life. I dont have any gloves or a mouth piece, i will wear shorts only. My street fight record is 1-3 and i am coming off a loss.
death valley jeff.png me giving myfriend the lawler plex.
death valley jeff 2.png
rematch.png i didnt know his girlfriends last name was Askren. Herb dean was also on stand by to make another shitty call. i wasnt out

This is an open weight challange Khamzat. You can weigh in at middle or 170 it wont matter. Im here Me.jpg

Last edited:
I he will fight 2-3 top 10 fighters we will know.
I think he is one of them

You don't have to be a hater to understand he hasn't been tested at a particularly high-level yet if you think he's destined to be on a champion-track, win a belt, and these sort of things.

Once he starts winning inside the top 10, beating name guys who might be seen as difficult style matchups, etc...that's when that type of talk generally ends.

Of course, there will always be garden variety haters. That's a given in pro sports.

I get what you’re trying to say, but implying that he could have better (to prove that he’s legit) is laughable.

I didn't imply that. I said performing well against that level of competition doesn't necessarily extrapolate to performing well against champions.

It'll become undeniable if he keeps it up, but he still hasn't done anything the other 2019-2020 hype jobs weren't doing at this point in their runs.

Has he shown us anything to make us think he'd batter Hermansson on the ground or outstrike Izzy on the feet? The guy has yet to fight past the mid point of the second round. Are we sure he'll be able to go into deep waters with Colby or Usman and not gas out? He's been fighting D and F tier guys. There's no way of knowing.

I argued Maia is actually the single most dangerous person in the whole sport for him:

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...hamzat-sig-why-maia-is-a-huge-threat.4134366/

Solely due to his confidence. If he follows through on his stated gameplan (take down Maia and choke him out to make a statement) I think he is more likely to beat Kamaru than to beat Maia.

Who knows if he is just saying it, but let's put it this way... I wouldn't be surprised, considering his level of confidence, if that was truly his gameplan.

I do think the UFC is seeing people dismiss Maia because people aren't processing the gravity of what Khamzat was suggesting, so they may just discard the fight altogether now. Sort of a shame IMO.
Hmm, I normally think of Maia really highly, but not for this particular matchup.

Although, If Khamzt willingly goes to the ground with Maia, he will get subbed. So yeah, if his confidence is through the roof, and he goes to the ground, it will be a short night.

But if he is smart, and plays to his strengths, he will smash Maia.

If he somehow manages to beat Maia on the ground, I will literally believe the two division champ stuff.

Back