So when people hate on Conor and his trash talk but nuthug Diaz, Sonnen, Koscheck...

ReasonableMMAFan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can't help but facpalm. The people who do this have to create come completely arbitrary difference between the trash talk of McGregor and that of the guy they nuthug over. Like 'Conor is obnoxious, he sucks. But Diaz is fucking awesome for acting like a thug and pushing Cerrone' or 'Conor is delusional. Chael Sonnen is super intelligent and is much better than him'.

I can't help but facpalm. The people who do this have to create come completely arbitrary difference between the trash talk of McGregor and that of the guy they nuthug over. Like 'Conor is obnoxious, he sucks. But Diaz is fucking awesome for acting like a thug and pushing Cerrone' or 'Conor is delusional. Chael Sonnen is super intelligent and is much better than him'.
Difference is, Diaz isn't "acting."

45bc0b26aa9ff1cb4ce40685dd2e7c56233a2fe4a8ecee7215747a2070221f8c.jpg

Diaz brothers arent no actors son, you better recognize, 209 bitch. Sup ? Were you at ?

You do understand there are differences right? I like heavy metal but I don't like all heavy metal.

Josh Koscheck nuthuggers were the worst

Because you know

They totally existed

Nobody likes Koscheck. Chael was always willing to eat crow when it didnt go his way, and able to joke with himself. McCracker is 100% nutjob.

I can't help but facepalm if you think everyone needs to like the same person.

It's almost like people can and do like or dislike people for seemingly no reason at all.

How weird.

I can't help but facepalm if you think everyone needs to like the same person.
Not what I said. I just want people to recognize their own hypocrisy and admit they don't actually hate McGregor's trash talk, they just hate McGregor.

Big difference in what Conor and Nate do but Conor is similar to Chael and I dislike them both. Is that ok with you?

The idea of Koscheck having a dedicated fanbase is funny. As it relates to Nate, Sonnen, etc it's hard to really articulate why someone appeals to you. I think for a lot of people Nate just comes off as real and Sonnen is completely self aware about the silly things he says. Conor takes himself very seriously and that rubs people the wrong way maybe. But again, who can say?

Not what I said. I just want people to recognize their own hypocrisy and admit they don't actually hate McGregor's trash talk, they just hate McGregor.

You can hate people for different reasons. There's zero hypocrisy in any of the examples you have. Conor is markedly different from all three in myriad ways. I think most people hate Conor because he's blatantly grasping at glory with all he has, which is why he hasn't defended his title once.

Back