So whats up with Cerrone just freezing up?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Deeboo**, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Deeboo**

Deeboo** White Belt

I know everyone loves this guy but i think he is a bit overrated as far as excitement go.

Actually i would say his style is nulifying the action a bit. He has a habit of just stand there and do nothilng. He is hard to take down and you can't just rush him because he can still drop you with one of his limbs. So his opponents are forced a little bit to play his game.

He didnt do much in his last fights against Benson and Jury (I know Jury fought like a scared kitty but verrone could still let it go more). He had the same problem against Diaz and Paul Kelly too before he took him down and choked him out.

When Cowboy is on, he is ON. But he doesnt seem confident at all sometimes. Very frustrating to watch as a fan of his.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  2. sampuncher

sampuncher Purple Belt

When you fight better competition it gets harder to get finishes, no brainer.

3. Headkicktoleg

Headkicktoleg Steel Belt

He tends to get scared to kick when he faces good wrestlers, which is why I hate the Khabib match up because like 60% if his offence is kicks and knees

4. Deeboo**

Deeboo** White Belt

Its not about finishes. I would just love for him to up his output. He's got great offense mang

5. Dethrone1989

Dethrone1989 Brown Belt

white belt logic

[​IMG]

6. Moneymma

Moneymma Brown Belt

Put pressure on him and he will hesitate,let him dictate the pace and eat kicks all night

7. Andre Xiong

Andre Xiong Silver Belt Professional Fighter

It seems like he sees himself as a great striker (which he is) but to a point where if he is not the better striker in a fight, he shuts off (Nate and Pettis fights he looked lost).

8. aModerateThreat

aModerateThreat Brown Belt

i think he has confidence problems if he cant maintain the range he likes

9. loisestrad

loisestrad Gold Belt Platinum Member

The better the opponent is, the harder it gets to maintain a certain output. It's called minimizing risks of getting caught by your opponents output.

10. Deeboo**

Deeboo** White Belt

Does every sherdogger put pride in sherdog belts? But okay, elaborate more mr brown belt.

11. Cygnus A

Cygnus A Purple Belt

He definitely has trouble pulling the trigger. He is not the amazingly exciting fighter Joe makes him out to be.

12. Deeboo**

Deeboo** White Belt

Yeah but a high output from Cerrone is his strength i think. Every guy is different. Cowboy is not the fastest guy in the world and he lacks headmovement. He does however have insane cardio and chin. And many weapons on the feet. Use them.

Playing pattycake is not his thing at all.

13. aModerateThreat

aModerateThreat Brown Belt

be cool, man. sometimes that post count is all someone has going for them

14. SpankyMacMuffin

SpankyMacMuffin White Belt

I think a big part of the problem is he isn't the best at getting back up. He stays busy on the bottom, but isn't fantastic at sweeping or bridging out when he's down.

As a result, he hesitates to over commit against wrestlers. As for freezing up against strikers, I've never seen it happen too much. Diaz and Pettis fights I think he was just outstruck. Cowboy is a great fighter, but not exactly elite in any one area.

15. jmd69

jmd69 Brown Belt

Pretty ghey response....and your input is?

TS....I wonder if his pace and seemingly slow paced fighting having anything to do with his yearly fight activity level. I read the Millitech interview where he stated that during the early UFC years and tournament style fighting, Pat would pave himself knowing he still had a bracket to fight. I may be reaching but I wonder if Cowboy is pacing on some fights in order to reach the "final bracket". If he would have lost to Bendo, that could have set him back in terms of getting to Pettis. Cowboy's "give me every fight anytime" style/attitude is great for his wallet and popularity but realistically not an easy task for any pro fighter. I'm a fan either way.

16. xmovingparts

xmovingparts Green Belt

Shit, he pretty much shut off in Bendo 3.

I get that, but Bendo hardly commits and was absolutely carrying that fight. I go into every Bendo fight for him to lose, no hate, just have reasons. But watching Cerrone, awkwardly walking Bendo down (it's what he does, but...) to do nothing, was disappointing. He didn't necessarily look drawn out from a 15 day previous fight. He just looked like crap.

Please, show up to the Khabib fight. Better yet, bring the fight to him, don't just walk towards him

17. Roc Boulder

Roc Boulder White Belt

It's posts like that White Belt logic one that make me think, the belt colors should be built on reputation points rather than post count.

18. Sick Burn

Sick Burn Orange Belt

he has the best attitude towards fighting and can be very exciting. but nobody is rewatching his last 2 fights. unless they are watching just to see if the judges scored it right.

19. Cindynice420

Cindynice420 Purple Belt

Maybe because he just fought
    He's tired

20. SuperNerd

SuperNerd Playoff Mode.

He said he was hesitant due to fear of Bendo rasslin him. He was expecting Bendo to wrestle.