So. What's the difference?

Probably not much. With a Republican supreme Court he is unlikely to get anything progressive done. Slight better healthcare, and tax the rich a bit more.

We will probably be hearing about Trumpism now instead of the alt-right.

So it was literally nothing more than a popularity contest? No big plans / changes to the prison system.? Nothing about the military industrial complex? Nothing for the climate?

That's... depressing
Biden has ambitious plans for infrastructure, healthcare expansion, and climate action... the question is, what will he be ABLE to do if Republicans control the Senate?

Lol wow, “names” of bases might be changed. I actually support keeping them the same If I had to choose, but who the fuck really cares? They’re names...what does it really matter haha. Who gives a shit

Enough people give a shit to make it a conversation, at very least.

Curious as to what people think will be biggest changes made with Biden in charge. Less drones more health care and immigration,? Change to taxes etc or a harder attack on covid?

Or does nothing much change apart from not having to be embarrassed by Trump,

Genuinely curious because it doesn't seem to matter who's in charge here ( Australian) as they're all bloody terribly similar. ( our politicians)
Half of the things we hate Trump for were either started or supported by Biden. It's weird to think that Biden/Harris winning will change anything. 2 proven authoritarians who have no connection to common ppl. Remember when the DNC debates were happening everyone clowned on Biden and thought Kamala was ermmm bitchy. Both have terrible backgrounds for what the social justice mind like. so idk what anyone would be expecting, except for some nice sounding platitudes. "We trust science!" "Black ppl are important too!"

Enough people give a shit to make it a conversation, at very least.

The media makes it a conversation. Just like all the other meaningless issues they bring up that no one actual cares about, so they can distract people from the actual issues.

Biden has ambitious plans for infrastructure, healthcare expansion, and climate action... the question is, what will he be ABLE to do if Republicans control the Senate?

Aha finally a goal/ plan . Good stuff sir. I've tried to search for any information but its all extremely vague and honestly not even from Biden camp or quotes. Its a mine field off misinformation out there . Got any decent sources I could have a gander at?

The media makes it a conversation. Just like all the other meaningless issues they bring up that no one actual cares about, so they can distract people from the actual issues.

You asked who cares.

I'm telling you that people care.

I will be extremely surprised if the first 2 get handled in a meaningful way, and everything climate change is in its infancy. Everything he's supported thus far like elimination of oil industry and using renewable energy are fever dreams at this current point. No form of sustainable energy can be done without using oil or severely uptaking the precious metals that we currently force poor little kids from 3rd worlds to mine for us.

At some point in every persons life they must accept complicity in mass suffering of some kind. Theres no perfectly clean environment plan without completely getting rid of our cushy lifestyle of cars, smart phones, air conditioning, internet, etc.

According to the left, George Washington was a Nazi.

We have to blow up Mount Rushmore, pull down statues and rename Washington DC, Washington state. Burn it all to the ground.
After WW2, Germany pulled down all Nazi symbols. After the USSR imploded, former Iron Curtain states toppled statues of Lenin and other Soviet leaders. After the US invaded Iraq, US Marines brought down a statue of Saddam Hussein.

The rightwing in America never whined about any of the above , but they are whining about Confederate leaders, says a lot about the closet sympathies of many on the right.

Well the first difference is that Joe is already being very open about wanting to unite the country and work on a bipartisan basis with republicans. Trump would never dream of such a thing.

Joe and Mitch McConnell are old friends. They will work together and get things done. This is what the country needs. Not to be further divided by Trump.

A few people maybe...because the media told them they should. The majority of people? Nope.

People have literally been pulling down confederate statues across the country. Those same people want traitors' names taken away from government property.

Nothing wrong with that.

Well the first difference is that Joe is already being very open about wanting to unite the country and work on a bipartisan basis with republicans. Trump would never dream of such a thing.

Joe and Mitch McConnell are old friends. They will work together and get things done. This is what the country needs. Not to be further divided by Trump.

Right. Pretty much true. Joe is basically a Republican in disguise.

Good odds that bases named after Confederate leaders will be changed. Like 2 or 3 months ago the top military brass wanted to change the names but Trump put a stop to it. With Trump gone, there is nothing standing in the way of renaming.

Wow, that certainly improves my quality of life. Can he paint Black Lives Matter on more streets also?

More terrorism and third world illiterate immigration.
Assuming he did won then

That's for certain
Once Iran is relieved their economy will rise(sharp rise) and they will keep their terrorism in
Baghdad, Beirut, Damascus and Sanaa on a different level

Next summer will be a bomb

Last edited:
Honestly, doesn’t seem like a big deal. It’s history, they were named that for a reason at the time and in the end, it’s just a name. A fucking name. And I’m what people would call “far left”. I think we have a lot bigger issues to worry about than names offending people.

Those names and statues glorify the Confederacy and is a big ole F You to Blacks. Most of the Confederate statues were erected long after the Civil War ended, in the Jim Crow era and when Blacks were fighting for Civil Rights.
We should also get rid of that Columbus statues , because of what he did to the natives he encounted and his attitude towards them.

Wow, that certainly improves my quality of life. Can he paint Black Lives Matter on more streets also?

I much rather have him do something meaningfull towards Police accountabilty.

Back