Social So what you gonna do on new year's eve?

I get that. I've had some great NYE parties and some let downs. So much pressure seems to be put on having the perfect NYE that often it doesn't live up to expectations. My Star Wars bar was fun, you paid a flat fee for a buffet and free bar, karaoke, and they did an hourly time zone thing where they would bring round a shot of local liquor from the country that hit midnight. And I was surrounded by my sort of nerds.
Shame it's all had to end, but I've definitely had my fair share of getting excited and it falling flat on its face.

That actually sounds pretty cool. Familiar place, buffet, Star Wars, liquor...

The best New Year's I had in recent memory is when I went out to dinner with my now ex girlfriend at this all you can eat Brazilian restaurant. Went out for only one drink afterwards because my girlfriend had to be at work extra early

I ended up going to this local bar on my campus after she "ditched me." Place wasn't too crowded and I ran into some cool people I met that year who were bar hopping. They were both pretty hammered and his girl was all over me for the entire ten minutes they were there. LOL

Some random dude was buying everybody drinks on him so I had some free Moscow Mules. Had a free champagne toast at midnight. Oh, and I threw some dude out on his ass because security was in the bathroom at the time. Another guy sat on him outside until he calmed down and went home

Was a pretty good night all things considered

I wonder if Shithead is the same as Asshole? Shithead is 2s, 10s are good but you have to post higher than your opponent. If you don't have a higher card then they put down they have to pick up everything on the table, but you can't have fewer card than 3 in your hand. Have a gander at the rules and see if it's the same?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shithead_(card_game)

Different game.

Asshole requires a minimum of 2 decks of cards. All cards are dealt out. Then you organize them by numeric order. Jokers are included and are wild cards. Ace is high down to 3s. 2s are trump cards. The object is to be the first to get rid of all your cards. You have to play a higher card than the previous player, and the same number of cards. Play continues around the table until no one can play any more cards, then the player that played the last card(s) starts the next round.

Ex: player 1 plays 3 5s, player 2 now has to play 3 cards of a higher number, and so on around the table until no one can play another card/cards.

You can play a 2 any time it's your turn and that trumps any number of cards played by the player before you. It also ends that round, and you get to start the next round.

First person to get rid of all cards is the president the next round, last player with cards is the asshole. Here's the thing, at the beginning of the next round, the asshole gives the president their best 2 cards and the president gives the asshole their 2 worst cards.

It's a fun game, and hard to get out of being the asshole once you're there when you have to give up your best 2 cards.

Gal & a few cousins are coming over to my place celebrate.

Will be able to chill/drink till early am as everyone is going stay the night since it's a longer drive back to city, & don't want em driving on NYE.

Last edited:
Getting the covid vaccine in the morning, no plans for the night time.

Getting tf out of the High Desert and heading to my new lady friend's in Indio

That actually sounds pretty cool. Familiar place, buffet, Star Wars, liquor...

The best New Year's I had in recent memory is when I went out to dinner with my now ex girlfriend at this all you can eat Brazilian restaurant. Went out for only one drink afterwards because my girlfriend had to be at work extra early

I ended up going to this local bar on my campus after she "ditched me." Place wasn't too crowded and I ran into some cool people I met that year who were bar hopping. They were both pretty hammered and his girl was all over me for the entire ten minutes they were there. LOL

Some random dude was buying everybody drinks on him so I had some free Moscow Mules. Had a free champagne toast at midnight. Oh, and I threw some dude out on his ass because security was in the bathroom at the time. Another guy sat on him outside until he calmed down and went home

Was a pretty good night all things considered
Sometimes the best nights are the nights you haven't planned at all, right?
I've had some corkers, but one of my favourites was my housemate and some friends decided last minute to go to a local club we hadn't been to before, and just had a right laugh. We were always in London at a club on a Friday but none of us could be bothered that year. So yeah, no pressure for it to be THE perfect night, housemate and I got stoned all day New Years Day and did silly stuff like watch Major Payne sat in our PJs. Effortless new year.
Yours sound like a load more fun haha.

Stay at my place with my girl, eat a "picada" (salty stuff) and of course having sex.

Next day 4AM we are leaving for vacations fot 2 weeks so 2021 is on for a good start.

Watching the ball drop at home, sometimes a glass of champagne to accompany it. For some reason, watching the ball drop puts me in a very humble mood. Just appreciative of everything I have and surviving another year when many did not.

I see people in Times Square standing in the cold for half a day in diapers, and can't think of a crueler idea of torture.

I wonder if they are doing it this year. Hm...

As a New Yorker, I never, not once, had a desire to go to that Times Square event. It looks brutal and I don’t see the appeal. I did go to NYC for NYe events in 2009 and 2010 and even that was annoying because travel down there is not fun.

I do like watching the special from the comfort of home though and I love watching the channel 11 honeymooners marathon. Watched that with my grandparents and parents as a kid and it always brings a smile to my face.

That event by the way is assuredly not happening and will just be a highly controlled crowd-free broadcast a la the thanksgiving parade I’d wager.

Back