so what made Woodley became the aggressor this fight?

Because Woodley and coaches are smart. Wonderboy is tough to figure out, thus a need for a more strategic game plan. Guys like Lawler and Till are easier to figure out.

Championship T-Wood has been all about outsmarting the opponent and doing what they’re best at. Wonderboy sits back and waits with the counter strikes. Lawler and Till not so much.

Probably the counter bomb he landed while Till was the aggressor

That was the same Tyron, Till just fell into the trap

true in regards to the counter that dropped till, but woodley went hard in that first exchange. I was surprised by it and it wouldn't shock me if till was too.

Probably a number of things but being able to actually throw his right hand properly likely made a difference.

Fight IQ. Its how he's successfully defended his belt 4 times now.

Till said Woodley was aggressive because Tyron deep down was scared of him.

Bit rich coming from the guy who landed one punch in 9 minutes.

well i think hes partially right. not so much scared but in his mind he was facing a potential rory mac or another version of wonderboy.

i wasnt all that surprised in the way woodley fought, definately the smarter approach. hes a fighter who perhaps allows himself to be figured out too much, especially in the later rounds as he slows down.

I really dont think Woodley bought the hype at all. He looked so confident in there.

He opened up the toolbox on Till like he was some random in the gym. Legs kicks, straights to the body, he was wrapping him up, smacking him with the right, he even threw a fucking headkick. Woodley knew he had so much more experience. I dont think he felt threatened in the slightest. I think people really do underestimate how smart/skilled/well trained Woodley is.
This is clearly the answer. He figured Till was a bum and gave him a whoopin.

Till is bigger than him. He had to get inside. Trying to stay on the outside and counter would have been much more dangerous.

Did any of you watch the fight? Outside of the opening sequence Woodley circled and countered.

Was it because he was not the favorite? I expected him to wait and counter, but dude went hot right off the bat. Nice performance. Wasn't disappointed and yes, i paid for this ppv too
Dan "GET OFF THE CAGE" Miragliotta
3343324_orig.jpeg

Ummm, he finished with a counterstrike and was backing up most of the fight.

Wonderboy is just a much more cautious guy than Till so he's harder to counter.

maybe. yet where was the fight iq against wonderboy. i mean they both watched each other too wary of a potential flash ko.

He showed amazing fight IQ vs Wonderboy.

Its just that Wonderboy has a very high fight IQ too and a tricky style.

Not letting Till get his rhythm; he did by feinting a lot and got Till when his hands were low, plus the clinch he did on the first round stopped Till from doing any offensive.

I dunno...

Maybe because he knew he was facing a relative noob with vastly overrated skills.

2nimb6b.jpg

Because Woodley is a master of the game. Waiting around on the outside would be a recipe for disaster against a fighter like Till. Woodley devised a gameplan to nullify all of Till's strengths. The reason Till appeared timid had everything to do with Tyron's movement and quickness. He realized there would be an equal or better counter coming for any strike he attempted and that Tyron was skilled enough to land it.

Lol, TS might want to re-watch the fight...
Edit.. More aggressive than his last fights, but still; he caught him with a counter strike.

I don’t think Woodley has actually been the favorite in any of his title fights outside of Maia.

Dana telling him he’s a one man boring snooze inducer.

Back