So what happens after COVID-19?

Hatake88

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
What are your predictions? Try to go beyond "a recession - duh!"). For me, I think:
  • Governments across the world will increase taxes to pay off the debt.
  • Governments will start printing money - which leads to an increase in depreciation.
  • Share market takes an even deeper dive due to the above (or do you think it will recover as businesses re-open?).
  • Do you think more or less people will be employed as shops reopen but everyone continues to struggle?
  • What about interest rates? House prices are almost certainly going to drop but with no one buying - is the reserve bank going to decrease the rate as an incentive or increase it to stop people from borrowing too much?

Governments continue to ignore the debt number as they do now

Doubt I'm getting back that 10% income my company cut from everyone on Friday even though as an advanced services IT company we will be getting tons of business setting up WFH for companies.

Physical establishments and entertainment venues will see a sugar rush
IoT and M2M stocks will rise -- as will the acceleration in automation investment and deployments

Hopefully this will trigger the rise of the technocrats

Trump starts a war to jump-start the economy. It's tried and true, plus he apparently enjoys war!

Economic destruction and the loss of our rights and freedoms. As intended

I think we're looking at a paradigm shit in taxation and socal programs. Everything will need to be chipped away a little to modertately to even try to maintain our entire system.

Hopefuly the world turns on China.

Economic destruction and the loss of our rights and freedoms. As intended
I won’t debate this as being the intention but they sure will take advantage of the situation to do as much of that as possible.

I think we're looking at a paradigm shit in taxation and socal programs. Everything will need to be chipped away a little to modertately to even try to maintain our entire system.

Hopefuly the world turns on China.
My response to the governments asking for more taxes will be they are asking for more than I can give.

My response to the governments asking for more taxes will be they are asking more than I can give.

It might be increased personal income tax, payroll tax, ladn transdfr taxes and so on.

I'm no tsure of the US, ubt I'm betting (would do a signature bet on sherdog) that in Canada we will massively increase our federal sales tax. We pay 6% federal sales tax on pretty much most goods and services. That's going up to 9% or even higher.

It might be increased personal income tax, payroll tax, ladn transdfr taxes and so on.

I'm no tsure of the US, ubt I'm betting (would do a signature bet on sherdog) that in Canada we will massively increase our federal sales tax. We pay 6% federal sales tax on pretty much most goods and services. That's going up to 9% or even higher.
I wouldn’t doubt that at all. We are going to see massive inflation and taxation. Anyone who thinks this virus will disappear and we will be back super strong in less than 5 years is an idiot.

Doubt I'm getting back that 10% income my company cut from everyone on Friday even though as an advanced services IT company we will be getting tons of business setting up WFH for companies.
I hope you are compensating by working 10% less time.

Sales tax wont go up here -- it would be a death nail for the liberals. To offset any cost, it would be a lower threshold on surtax on income taxes and a lower standard deduction. People are too dumb to notice those -- they will notice sales tax, though.

Possibly a death tax as well/

Sales tax wont go up here -- it would be a death nail for the liberals. To offset any cost, it would be a lower threshold on surtax on income taxes and a lower standard deduction. People are too dumb to notice those -- they will notice sales tax, though.

Possibly a death tax as well/

You sure bro? What party introduced the GST … the liberals.

I think it could look very similar. In the 90s " we need a specail tax to save our economy from debt". Now "we need to increase this tax to save our econoy".

time will tell.

I wouldn’t doubt that at all. We are going to see massive inflation and taxation. Anyone who thinks this virus will disappear and we will be back super strong in less than 5 years is an idiot.

Inflation is going to be scary af, b/c the govt really can't cut interest rates to keep inflation in check.

Not sure whatthe govt can do if we see he inflation.

You sure bro? What party introduced the GST … the liberals.

I think it could look very similar. In the 90s " we need a specail tax to save our economy from debt". Now "we need to increase this tax to save our econoy".

time will tell.

Inflation is going to be scary af, b/c the govt really can't cut interest rates to keep inflation in check.

Not sure whatthe govt can do if we see he inflation.

GST was the Cons and Mulroney -- and it just replaced the Old VAT we had which was more expensive to consumers and busines. It was hated by Canadians and the liberal senate blocked it....Brian went around it

GST was the Cons and Mulroney -- and it just replaced the Old VAT we had which was more expensive to consumers and busines. It was hated by Canadians and the liberal senate blocked it....Brian went around it

Shit I sure wrong.

Back