So what exactly is a 10-8 round?

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
A guy gets tagged repeatedly, dropped, dominated on the ground, then closes out the round backpeddaling with zero attempts at any offense, and it's scored exactly the same as a close round where virtually nothing happens?

Anyway, he showed true French bravery by running away for the entire third looking shook as fuck. Disgraceful that he raised his arms up and acted like he won afterwards, even more disgraceful the repeated idiotic mma judges who expect you to kill the other guy to give you a 10-8 round.

I feel you could kill someone in the cage and still only get a 10-9 on the card.

Evading combat should be a 10-7.
That’s what I’m talking about, at least if the dude managed to get back up and started swinging and trying to win some points back I could understand the judge is cutting him some slack. But backpedalling after being dominated for the entire round should be an automatic point deduction.

That’s what I’m talking about, at least if the dude managed to get back up and started swinging and trying to win some points back I could understand the judge is cutting him some slack. But backpedalling after being dominated for the entire round should be an automatic point deduction.
Back-peddling should be treated as stalling on the ground but on a much shorter leash.

Its stalling, plain and simple. You get a warning, then points then the fight is off.

Back