So what does Frankie Edgar do for the next 6+ months now?

flakxd

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
- He's #2 in most FW rankings. Does he fight someone outside of the top10 who is coming off a loss (ie: Bermudez, Poirier, Stephens, etc)?

- Simply wait half a year and hope/pray everything goes well with Aldo, Conor. Someone could get injured and that fight get pushed back a couple months. Fight could be close and have an immediate rematch. Many strong possibilities could happen which put Edgar on the shelf for a whole year if he chooses to wait for the title shot.

- or should he move up to LW and fight someone lower ranked, but much larger than him? Ross Pearson, Jim Miller, Gleison Tibau, Diego, etc all dangerous fights simply to stay active.

They seem to have really left Edgar with no options. I would like to see him fight a big name from 135 or 155 because FW is on hold right now

I guess a fight with Bermudez would be a good fight, But Dennis is a talented kid coming off a loss i feel it would be cruel of the UFC to match him with Edgar.

Fight again, the only people who can beat Edgar IMO are Aldo and Chad, since they are both booked I'd say grab a fight with anyone else, make some bank, and a better claim to the #1 contender spot.

Just fight anyone. He doesn't get paid to sit at home. An mma fighter only has so long to make a living. Make as much as possible now.

Fighting the winner of the Mendes Lamas fight would be good, but that is 4 months out, so that would also be six+ months before a fight. Maybe one of those two will get injured and he can step in.

Ruin the hopes of whichever top 10 FW isn't booked in a showcase fight.

Man, it's hard to find a matchup for this guys. Everyone who's coming off a win is either booked or has fought him(and lost). I guess Lentz could be next.

FeatherWeight top 10

1. Mendes - fighting Lamas
2. Edgar
3. Lamas - fighting Mendes
4. Swanson - Lets not be cruel to Cub
5. McGregor - fighting Aldo
6. Poirer - moved to 155
7. Bermudez - coming off a loss but maybe best option(would feel bad for Dennis)
8. Nik Lentz - fighting Thiago Tavares
9. Oliveira - not booked but already lost to Edgar
10. Siver - makes no sense

Who cares what he does. He's not the GOAT. It only matters what Connor does from now on.

FeatherWeight top 10

1. Mendes - fighting Lamas
2. Edgar
3. Lamas - fighting Mendes
4. Swanson - Lets not be cruel to Cub
5. McGregor - fighting Aldo
6. Poirer - moved to 155
7. Bermudez - coming off a loss but maybe best option(would feel bad for Dennis)
8. Nik Lentz - fighting Thiago Tavares
9. Oliveira - not booked but already lost to Edgar
10. Siver - makes no sense

Not a lot of options for him. Might be best for him to keep in shape and wait for the injury bug to KO someone or fight Bermudez.

He can also play backup, in case of an injury. Not that I have it out for Lamas, but I've been waiting and waiting for Mendes vs Edgar.

Fight again, the only people who can beat Edgar IMO are Aldo and Chad, since they are both booked I'd say grab a fight with anyone else, make some bank, and a better claim to the #1 contender spot.
Mendes is a poor man's Edgar, lol at thinking he could win.

Back