So what do you think of UFC 190 now? Rate it.

1/10

1 for shogun being on the card

6/10 for the main card, didn't watch prelims. Bigfoot fight was fun and was fun watching "beer belly abs" Gadelha beat up Aguilar. The two TUF fights were absolutely shit, Struve-Big Nog barely OK and Shogun-Lil Nog at best mediocre. Watching Ronda knock out Correia was great. Overall some decent fights, some not so good and some that were absolute shit. Why the F do they put TUF fights on a PPV? I have absolutely no interest in watching Brazilian "I will never learn their names and they won't become top 20" TUF finalists fight on a main card of a PPV. Had it not been for Ronda this would have been a good UFN card.

I rate it very low, especially compared to The UFC PPVs of the Randy Couture and Chuck Liddell eras. Big Nog spent most of his fight trying to hug Struve. I don't know what he thought that would accomplish but we all saw it didn't accomplish anything.

If this sport is to become as big as Dana White used to predict it would become, something has to be done about the constant hugging and the "BJJ guards" which basically consist of a man lying on the ground and wrapping his thighs around the man on top of him, pressing that guy's body as close as he possibly can against his crotch and the rest of his body. I don't want to see that and most people don't want to see that. The BJJ guard is responsible more than any other single factor for MMA not becoming more popular than it is.

They could get rid of that problem very simply. All they have to do is start counting pinfalls as a way to win and suddenly you won't see guys lying on their backs with their shoulders against the mat while they wrap their thighs around the man on top of them and proceed to squeeze that guy's body as closely against their own as closely as they possibly can. It would not be the end of using submissions. Catch wrestlers used plenty of submissions and they also had to make sure their shoulders weren't against the mat or they would be pinned and lose. What it would be is using catch wrestling as the base of this sport and then allowing all the strikes which are currently allowed.
Don't like it, don't watch.

3/10. At least it wasn't as sad I expected, but Paul Harris/Shields was much more exciting than anything on that card.

Don't like it, don't watch.

You don't have any knowledge of business do you? Since I do have a business degree from a good university, let me take a little bit of my time and educate you. The way you make a business grow is to get more customers. You're idea is to decrease the already relatively small fanbase of The UFC and MMA in general by telling people if they don't like the product don't watch it. My idea is to create a more dynamic, action filled product which will appeal to more people than it ever has before. I want more, not less, people watching but for that to happen some changes need to be made.

You don't have any knowledge of business do you? Since I do have a business degree from a good university, let me take a little bit of my time and educate you. The way you make a business grow is to get more customers. You're idea is to decrease the already relatively small fanbase of The UFC and MMA in general by telling people if they don't like the product don't watch it. My idea is to create a more dynamic, action filled product which will appeal to more people than it ever has before. I want more, not less, people watching but for that to happen some changes need to be made.
Hahahaha, you're funny, Mr. Business man :D

You should pitch that to Dana and the Fertittas, I'm sure they'd love to hear your idea, Mr. Good University Business Degree Man.

Plenty of sloppy fighting so I don't rate this very highly. Overall pretty forgettable.

4/10.

Pales in comparison to the amazing UFC 190 card.

Shogun and little nog happened years too late but it was still ok. I just saw it to see Ronda demolish Bethe over the course of a whole round. Wish it hadnt ended so soon.

It was a good card (kinda saved by Ronda/Bethe and Shogun/Lil Nog), but those TUF fights were a chore for me to get through even with numerous distractions at hand.

You should pitch that to Dana and the Fertittas, I'm sure they'd love to hear your idea, Mr. Good University Business Degree Man.

I don't particularly like Dana White and The Fertittas. In fact I loathe Dana White. I'd be much more inclined to pitch that idea to people who are starting a new promotion of combat sports, people who are willing to listen to reason. Besides, Dana White is so convinced that The UFC is perfect form of combat sports that it would be like talking to a wall.

If you think this PPV card was bad wait until next month's PPV which will be headlined by midgets in the main event. Even Vince McMahon never would have pulled that shit. Midgets are a novelty and belong on the undercard.

I'm surprised to see so many votes above 5. I found the card really boring..

I don't particularly like Dana White and The Fertittas. In fact I loathe Dana White. I'd be much more inclined to pitch that idea to people who are starting a new promotion of combat sports, people who are willing to listen to reason. Besides, Dana White is so convinced that The UFC is perfect form of combat sports that it would be like talking to a wall.
The UFC needs to be taken over, then. It would be difficult to start up a new organisation to compete with the UFC, when most people think UFC is the sport, not the promotion.

Don't know, did not watch ☺️

5/10

Predictable main event, guys out of their prime, TUF finales with nobodies...
A few good fights though with an impressive KO by Ronda although her striking looked terrible she has power.

Really, Nog vs Shogun was the best proof they are way out of their prime, because you can compare it with their first fight and see how much they slowed down.

Back