So, what did you think of Jon`s answers to those PED questions?

Last I checked nothing came back in DC's test. Let alone cocaine.

Indeed not cocaine. But the same low T/E ratio came back from DC's test.

With Jones everybody blasted that it was because he was closing a PED cycle and nobody cared about DC's test....

Still 7 documents requested but not released....

Prefight urine hormone level test

Postfight urine hormone level test

All 5 CIR test results (individual results, not a summary lab memo clumping them all together)

The media seems to have ADD or just being lazy and negligent. This story needs to be finished.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/why-no-lab-results-jones-2914983/

This episode has shown the MMA media to be terrible. And, by that, I mean totally and utterly incompetent. The lack of digging into this has been phenomenal.

They are completely reactive: 'let's just wait and see!'. Errr dude: if the media doesn't dig, who will?????? Wait and see. What. A. Joke.

Everything that Jones says looks so rehearsed that it comes across as phoney. This interview was no different. It was also quite clearly edited, a la the Chael debacle interview last May.

Anyway Jones did nothing to erase my suspicions. He actually stammered when saying 'performance', as in 'performance enhancing drugs', and claimed that both he and DC had levels that were a 'little bit low' (with emphasis in his voice on 'little').

LOL. Three drug tests showing, apparently, highly abnormal hormone levels similar to that of a 90 year old. We still have no explanation.

Jones being jones

This was another PR piece being packaged as an interview. The level of editing was obvious and pathetic. Jones blatant dishonesty and rehearsed bullshitwas totally transparent

Reminds me of some of jones first interviews digging up some phoney and calculated answers

Oh and its also cool to see him grow a couple hat sizes as a mature adult with hormone levels of an old lady

http://youtu.be/W9Nh4NjHsoE

http://youtu.be/s0CQ8g4GquM

Last edited:
He puts on that voice and that tone and goes down that road most of the time. He's full of shit, we all know that. I didn't learn anything today and I don't think the answer he gave was that unlike the answers everyone gives.

What was he supposed to say? You choose.

A. Coach gave me the coke in the bathroom just before I pissed so they couldn't see the EPO.

B. I used Coke, got caught and feel like I have let Jesus down

C. I'M RICK JAMES BITCH .... SHOW ME YOUR TITTIES!!!

We all know that the answer is more likely to be A or C but the one given will always be B.

This episode has shown the MMA media to be terrible. And, by that, I mean totally and utterly incompetent. The lack of digging into this has been phenomenal.

They are completely reactive: 'let's just wait and see!'. Errr dude: if the media doesn't dig, who will?????? Wait and see. What. A. Joke.

My biggest disappointment was that it took 2 days from the time Kevin Iole released those. suspicious hormone level tests for any legit mma media to post an article (and the one that did posted the article at 10pm and buried it off the front page with 8 new articles 10 hours later). But the second the NSAC say CIR tests were done (even though I STRONGLY believe that they weren't done until January 7th) there is a race between Helwani and Botter to post an article with no evidence or the dates the test were conducted.

Why was that both their first words on the topic in nearly 4 days since the story broke? Why did neither of them report when the tests were conducted?

My biggest disappointment was that it took 2 days from the time Kevin Iole released those. suspicious hormone level tests for any legit mma media to post an article (and the one that did posted the article at 10pm and buried it off the front page with 8 new articles 10 hours later). But the second the NSAC say CIR tests were done (even though I STRONGLY believe that they weren't done until January 7th) there is a race between Helwani and Botter to post an article with no evidence or the dates the test were conducted.

Why was that both their first words on the topic in nearly 4 days since the story broke? Why did neither of them report when the tests were conducted?

I think they had no idea where the "Story" was gonna go and didn't wanna get left with their pants down being the 1st people to post test results and question them if they are later gonna be white washed. Which is what happened

The reporter even called him out. It was all just generic PC garbage.

he said "I had done it (cocaine) quite a few times in college" (how is that PC bullshit? He could've said no, this was my first time...)

200.gif

I think they had no idea where the "Story" was gonna go and didn't wanna get left with their pants down being the 1st people to post test results and question them if they are later gonna be white washed. Which is what happened

But there are clearly more questions to be asked on this story.

1. When did the NSAC request the CIR tests? Did they flag the hornone fluctuations as suspicious? Did they flag the .19 T/E ratio suspicious? Or were the CIR tests a response to media and fan pressure? Would the tests have taken place at all without media pressure? Is the NSAC competently handling PED testing in general?

2. Was there more fluctuation in the results of Jones' prefight and postfight hormone level tests? Can it be reasonably explained?

3. What do the CIR test numbers tell us, if anything? Was there a heavy deviation on the CIR tests between the 5 tests? Is this typical? Do heavy fluctuations in hormone levels correlate with any deviations on CIR tests? Is the overall drug testing program adequate, or is it easy to game? What can be done, if anything is necessary, to improve testing procedures in the sport?

Until a lot of these questions are answered, this story seems seriously incomplete. This isn't about Jones getting punished or "hating" on Jones. I accept he passed all tests. Seeing the numbers and dates is more about finishing the coverage, educating fans and media and improving procedures in the future.

Last edited:
Sounds the same as any other athlete accused of PEDs without conclusive evidence. Whether he's guilty or not. It almost always goes deny, deny, deny.

Big Timmeh admitted usage - and still gets ridiculed for it when he should get probs.

Big Timmeh admitted usage - and still gets ridiculed for it when he should get probs.

He was trying to look better, not trying to get a competitive edge. People kept saying he looked like shit. He wasn't trying to pack on muscle, he was trying to cut fat.

His jab and sprawl were all the competitive advantage he needed when he was champ....

Because DC's results looked fine

Not according to all the broscientists that were trying to make a case against Bones before Cormier's test results came out. Now all of a sudden .4:1 is the new "Normal".

There may be some truth in the allegations made against Bones but there are so many rabid haters spewing shit all the time, that it's being dismissed as a witch hunt.

The haters are actually helping this fly under the radar because they criticise him for everything anyway.

I have been genuinely astonished at how badly the MMA media has handled this. Let's be clear: THE BEST P4P FIGHTER IN THE SPORT JUST PRODUCED THREE ABNORMAL HORMONE TEST RESULTS. THREE. Some experts say it's fine, some say it points to the aftermath of PED usage.

What has the media done about what could be the biggest story for years? SHRUG THEIR SHOULDERS and say 'LET'S SEE WHAT HAPPENS'.

Some people have suggested that the media doesn't want to know. I don't think it's not conspiracy so much as simple incompetence. For the most part they aren't actual journalists. They are skilled broadcasters (for instance, Helwani), hype men/propagandists (Helwani), gifted wordsmiths (Mindenhall), good analysts of the business side (Thomas) and perceptive on the technical stuff (Breen). BUT THEY HAVE ZERO INVESTIGATIVE ABILITY. They are also guilty of a collective failure to come to grips with hormone ratios. This has only been a big recurrent story for, oh, about FIVE YEARS. Ignorance/complexity is no longer a viable excuse. It's their job.

'Let's just wait and see' could be a great epitaph for the media covering this sport.

I will never respect them again, beyond being quasi-promoters for the UFC product.

I have been genuinely astonished at how badly the MMA media has handled this. Let's be clear: THE BEST P4P FIGHTER IN THE SPORT JUST PRODUCED THREE ABNORMAL HORMONE TEST RESULTS. THREE. Some experts say it's fine, some say it points to the aftermath of PED usage.

What has the media done about what could be the biggest story for years? SHRUG THEIR SHOULDERS and say 'LET'S SEE WHAT HAPPENS'.

Some people have suggested that the media doesn't want to know. I don't think it's not conspiracy so much as simple incompetence. For the most part they aren't actual journalists. They are skilled broadcasters (for instance, Helwani), hype men/propagandists (Helwani), gifted wordsmiths (Mindenhall), good analysts of the business side (Thomas) and perceptive on the technical stuff (Breen). BUT THEY HAVE ZERO INVESTIGATIVE ABILITY. They are also guilty of a collective failure to come to grips with hormone ratios. This has only been a big recurrent story for, oh, about FIVE YEARS. Ignorance/complexity is no longer a viable excuse. It's their job.

'Let's just wait and see' could be a great epitaph for the media covering this sport.

I will never respect them again, beyond being quasi-promoters for the UFC product.

I start to get the feeling that they kind of want to cover the story but they believe that a major scandal in mma might reduce viewership and in turn, clicks on their stories and listeners to their shows and podcats. I feel like they don't want to report this in order to protect the sport that their livelihoods depend on.

Not to mention any backlash that may come in the form of revoked credentials.

I didn't bother watching it. Looked like it was going to be your typical lip service where words are said but no information is actually conveyed.

1st talks how his levels of T and E go all over the place all the time.

And then says 'I'm not...the....Steroid Man!'

mr-t-lol.gif

Back