So what DC cried

Racism is quite rampant here on sherdawg.

No
More like the PC police is out in full effect.
Can't even say the word "Fraternity" without being called a racist.
Frat house, Frat boys, Fraternity has nothing to do with race.

Crying is for the weak. The only emotions a man should ever feel are: happy, hungry and horny.

he shouldn't have cried publicly since he said things like he wanted Jones to go into a tailspin after leave mma after he beats him. If you build yourself up like that, you can't go looking defeated for everyone to see

He's passionate, he talked a lot of crap. Probably a tough pill to swallow.

I was crying on the inside, too. DC will be back, and will be better.

No
More like the PC police is out in full effect.
Can't even say the word "Fraternity" without being called a racist.
Frat house, Frat boys, Fraternity has nothing to do with race.

I'd say there are both, overly sensitive social justice warriors, and racist douches.

crying is a sign of strenth, not a sign of weakness

Side note, look at him. Not a mark on him. Seems the reports he was destroyed and broken were exaggerated.

[YT]tfy0ZzHYHO4[/YT]

The body shots tore him up, idk why head hunting is still the be all end all for some.

Side note, look at him. Not a mark on him. Seems the reports he was destroyed and broken were exaggerated.

DC crying has more to do with his mental makeup more than anything Jon Jones did to him. He's been competing so long at a high level that in many ways this is how he defines himself. He's so competitive that for him to lose threatens his identity as a winner and as a man. To invest so much time and effort and still fall short is crushing for super competitive people because in their mind as long as they properly prepare they should win. Not to mention fighters put so much effort into managing their emotions that when they let go, they let go. No shame in DC crying. Michael Jordan cried when he won his first championship, John Elway cried when he retired and their were lots of college football players biting back tears on Thursday. DC has lost before on an Olympic level and come back so he'll be fine. A typical sherdogger will never understand the level of investment of high level athletes.

All day I have been reading shertards make a big deal about DC crying last night. I was going to ask who amongst us hasn't cried after a tough sports loss, but then I realized my audience and that its toughest personal sports losses probably happened on a play station or x-box.

So instead, I ask, don't you guys watch any other sports. Guys cry all the time. They cry when they lose. They cry when they win. They cry when they get elected to a hall of fame. They cry when they get traded or released by a team. Not everyone does it, but it certainly is not unusual.

Quite honestly, it tells me he was/is all in on this. Doesn't mean he was broken, it means he was sad. Guy put himself out there and worked his ass off and didn't get it done. I'd be more amazed if he was smiling and cracking jokes.

So, let's get off the playground and cut the "but he cried" stuff.

Great post, fully agree

I didn't want him to cry a the post fight press conference because it gave Jones way more mental warfare ammo when the rematch happens.

Gotta tip my hat to Bones. The guy is a great fighter.

Bendo cried and no one gave him shit.

Bendo is probably one of the nicest guys in all of MMA. DC seems like a cool dude but he built the fight up with a lot of trash talk and bravado so people are obviously going to pick on him for crying. Personally I got nothing against the dude for getting emotional, he just lost possibly the most important fight of his life. At least this isn't like the Olympics and he can get another shot without having to wait 4 years for it.

[YT]tfy0ZzHYHO4[/YT]

The body shots tore him up, idk why head hunting is still the be all end all for some.

Was going to post this.

He was getting worked. Some of the body shots and kicks Jon hit him with had an audible thump to them. That shit hurts.

It's what i see all the time. Don't get so worked up on the keyboard buddy lol. What i see is many are like that white dude post interview after silva-sonnen 1 just shit talking. Closet racism still exist brother. Go out more

Why would he go out more? Closet racism is not out in public.

1st draw
2nd DC
3rd DC
4th Jones
5th Draw

Just sayin'

Bendo cried and no one gave him shit.

Can't remember this, when did he cry, you got me curious?

Fwiw, I don't care about DC crying, I think he's the man, even though I was rooting for Jones. Much love for DC.

nothing wrong with crying in general. Not all the time or every time you face adversity but seriously nothing wrong with crying. Especially when fighting for a championship and coming up short.

Back