So what are the chances of Rampage having a robbie lawler type of resurgance?

Rampage is going to pull a Bernard Hopkins and be competitive till 50 years old.

I wouldn't call it finding a new weight class, he went back to his original weight class.

That's true. I kinda meant that he re-invented himself by going back to his original class, Rampage has yet to change a weight class.

Lawler changed camp, improved all aspects of his game and dropped to WW. These are big factors.

I Rampage remains the same, it's not going to happen.

about as likely as Jones sharing his blow with you. possible, but not very likely.

That would be very improbable. He was a beast in Pride, he just walked through Chucks punches & battered him. His takedown defense was incredible. He had Wanderlei in bad spot in their 2nd fight(end of 1st round he mounted him after dropping him) & he almost took the title.
Wand was on a 17 fight win streak, but he just couldn't past him

The LHW are a lot larger, they are the size of HW when he was in his prime. So the best weapon he has, strength..won't be as much of factor. Robbie was fighting MW & dropped to WW, seems to be just as strong & that is a big factor.

He has admitted he doesn't like training. I'm a big fan of Page & would love to eat my words, but its 98% that it won't happen. He wobbled in the Texiera fight & that never used to happen, unless someone from Chute Boxe kneed his face.

Very difficult, but if he had some of his pride style aggression it would be possible. Actually try to put a beating on somebody rather than be more or less conservative as he has been

None. Lawler ressurged basically because he was on the wrong Category (MW, even made a catchweight bout with Sobral). Also because he's good.

Lawler has motivation, that's the difference. Rampage just can't be bothered anymore.

Never happen I still kind of like Rampage but he's just lazy he needs to shut it down or be serious about mma. But his old school ways won't crack the top 10 of the modern day 205er.

He doesn't look motivated, no chance.

if rampage trained his wrestling again and worked his boxing with some pros... he might win a fight.....but probably just one.

he can hang around the top 10 if he works his ass off.

so in other words, highly unlikely.

I dont think so,he has bad habits i dont see him changing now,but hopefully he could at least put some wins together. he def would need a different camp than he has been in

Nah he just needs to look for fun fights at fringe Top 10 or at Top 15, nothing with title implications. Main card openers for pay per views, FS1 co-mains, those types of fights etc...

Maldonado, Shogun, Manuwa, Nog, Feijao, etc.

That's true. I kinda meant that he re-invented himself by going back to his original class, Rampage has yet to change a weight class.

Agreed. The move back to welterweight was the best decision of his career

Back