So what 28 days....

filthynumber1

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
And he's cured? Everything goes back to normal? Since that's the magic number that somehow heals peoples addictions ?

28 days and he resumes training? Anyone have some inside info

My brother had to go through rehab when we were in our 20's. I don't know if this is the case but I can tell you that most addiction experts say that breaking addiction is a 27 day process. Smoking cigs, cocaine, coffee, it doesn't even matter. Humans are creatures of habit, breaking a habit takes approx. 27 days.

I know this is reaching a bit but it has a similar disciplinary action.

[YT]n_w4MV_LwMw[/YT]

My brother had to go through rehab when we were in our 20's. I don't know if this is the case but I can tell you that most addiction experts say that breaking addiction is a 27 day process. Smoking cigs, cocaine, coffee, it doesn't even matter. Humans are creatures of habit, breaking a habit takes approx. 27 days.

I am an addiction expert. There is no magic number when treating addiction. The root(s) of the problem is/are what is targeted, ie. the individuals thought process. How do they interact, and then react, to their thoughts? What coping skills and support networks do they possess? These are but a small part of the foundation towards recovery.

I am an addiction expert. There is no magic number when treating addiction. The root(s) of the problem is/are what is targeted, ie. the individuals thought process. How do they interact, and then react, to their thoughts? What coping skills and support networks do they possess? These are but a small part of the foundation towards recovery.

All I know is he was told and taught 27 days for habitual behavior. Surely if you went to school you have heard of how long it takes to break a habit. That is not to say that some alcoholics or other addicts don't relapse but its a mental problem.

lol. well done.

All I know is he was told and taught 27 days for habitual behavior. Surely if you went to school you have heard of how long it takes to break a habit. That is not to say that some alcoholics or other addicts don't relapse but its a mental problem.

I am an addiction counselor with a Masters degree, working on my Ph.D. There is no magic number when dealing with addiction.

28 days is enough to recover from a zombie apocalypse.

mza_7500180050439575583.jpg

I don't like Jones. I don't dislike Jones. If he truly has a coke problem then who am I to judge and I wish him the best of luck. Addiction can get us all and none of us are perfect. come back strong.

If this was a smokescreen ploy to cover shit up to make the UFC look less stupid well then fuck them all.

The majority of people who go through inpatient rehab treatment don't stay sober from that treatment. Some do, but most don't. Another thing to think about is that he went into treatment because the world found out about the test. He's not trying to get clean for himself. You have to want to be sober, not do it because people are forcing you into rehab.

The majority of people who go through inpatient rehab treatment don't stay sober from that treatment. Some do, but most don't. Another thing to think about is that he went into treatment because the world found out about the test. He's not trying to get clean for himself. You have to want to be sober, not do it because people are forcing you into rehab.

Well said.

Do you think he was forced? Do you think Dana said look man, this looks bad, you gotta go to rehab? I'm not saying that didn't happen but I don't know.

Also if Jon is an addict heading back to his same circle and home is setting him up to relapse. Addiction is a life long battle that is won in inches not miles.

He's not even addicted. Treatment is just to get some fans.

I'm sure he'll learn from this and use his cocaine wiser from now on. Praise the lord.

Have they mentioned something like this number of days or are you just guessing? Not being rude, just interested.

I doubt that the UFC brass has any real concern for Jon as a human being nor his long term recovery. He is going to have to make the commitment to himself, for himself if he is gonna get & stay clean.

Do you think he was forced? Do you think Dana said look man, this looks bad, you gotta go to rehab? I'm not saying that didn't happen but I don't know.

What you just typed could have probably been a direct quote of the conversation between Dana and Jon.

Plus a few expletives of course.

28 days is not a magic number. It is what most insurance allows, as another poster mentioned.

Addiction is a life long battle and it involves a lot of relapse before most people get it.

You aren't supposed to hang around old people places or things. If Jones doesn't plan on changing the people he hangs around then it's a lost cause.

He should also stay away from all the bars he is known to frequent. I know here in Ithaca, where he lived for a while, most people know him from the bars. He is known to get shit faced pretty hard.

Back