So Werdum isn't really the champ in Dana's eyes?

Cain beat the shit out of my favorite HW(JDS) twice, so I hope Werdum wastes him again and in even more dominant fashion. I assume Cain will be better prepared for the rematch but I agree with many here who say he should have to win a fight or 2 before getting a rematch. It's not like it was a split decision; even before he got subbed he was getting his ass kicked.

maybe its the opposite and dana hates cain for busting the fox debut 1 hour special by getting dispatched in 64 seconds.

so dana knows werdum will beat cain soundly again and he is just putting this fight on to bust cains nuts over that shit performance he put on in the fox deals first main event fight.

IMO they should draw it out. Cain is more than capable of working his way to the top again.

And I think they could pair him with some guys toward the bottom half of the top 10 that would be legitimate matches but could make him look like a real killer again. Fights with someone like Browne, Mir or Nelson would be fun.

It's a horrible fight, plain and simple.

It seems that the UFC doesn't want Werdum to be champ, which I find preposterous. He has two markets (Brazil and Mexico) in the pocket and could reach Americans with the right promotion (he speaks English now!). He's charismatic, a fan favorite, has beaten the who's who in HW, being thus very promotable.

Yet the UFC apparently really likes Cain. I don't get it.

Oh he reached me a while ago. He's a very likable champ and seems very nice. plus a very entertaining style. I hope he stays champ.

Werdum is only the champion at altitude. It's like having a regional championship.

This is a elevation unification fight.

Elevation unification made me legit laugh out loud

Werdum is only the champion at altitude. It's like having a regional championship.

This is a elevation unification fight.

giphy.gif

ya horrible fight.. they obviously like having Cain as the champ there is no reason to give him a second shot at this point.

This is the type of shit that makes me not really give a fuck about the UFC anymore. If there is a match-up I want to see, I'll watch. Otherwise, that $1000+ annually I was spending on PPVs and going to live events is gonna keep on droppin.

Who says Werdum isn't really the champ? I don't like the match-up either, but having Werdum rematch against Cain is no implication of Werdum not being viewed as the champ by the UFC. It's not the first time we've seen immediate rematches planned between a former champ that had multiple defenses and a newly crowned champ. You people are crying for the wrong reason.

Last edited:
My objection was to you characterizing it as being fired. He was not fired. he was offered something less by the UFC and received a better offer that he took. I probably would have done the same in his shoes.

Words have meaning.

He wasn't fired.

You two seem hung on semantics. No, he was fired. Yeah, Dana and Werdum don't call it like that (they're not Trump, afterall) but he was RELEASED from his contract (on which he had four more fights, until 2010). For common folks that reads fired. All the major fighting sites have reported it like that (cagepotato, mmaweekly, mmajunkie, bullshido).

Xaa, Werdum didn't have an offer. At first, he didn't even admit he was let go. Then he mentioned Sengoku, DREAM and Affliction (Affliction being the name he was most interested in). So no, he didn't have an offer (especially not from Strikeforce).

Back