So Werdum isn't really the champ in Dana's eyes?

I'd rather see Werdum defend the title against almost anyone else in the top eight.

Dana just doesnt want a guy who was known in other promotions to beat his UFC guy.

AA is fighting Mir and Ben is fighting Stipe. the winners of those fights are next in line along with the winner of overeem/jds.

Cain probably has an automatic rematch clause in his contract considering he had been champion for so long. if anything, cain can/probably did use the altitude as an excuse with dana and wants to test himself 1 more time against werdum to prove to himself and everyone else that the loss was a fluke (likely his reasoning, not mine).

i am actually more excited about the contenders fights than the title rematch, and thats not a bad thing.

He was champion for 2 fights, dude.

it's because no matter how many times the CFO of the UFC crunches the numbers, it always come up with the highest net profit margins with Cain as the champion

whenever an action seems ridiculous, irrational or downright senseless to you --- think in profitability terms.... and it will make sense.

Sad, but true...

with all respect to cain (i am a fan) he didnt deserve this titleshot.
werdum should defend against AA, JDS or stipe.
cain should climb the ladder again to get TS

Its because Cain will finish werdum in this fight.

Don't be surprised if it's Werdum himself who wants this fight. He knows it's an easy win and as such, will cement his legacy. And earn a few million in the process.

What about Stipe!? He deserves his shot. Cain should have to fight at least 1 more person until another title shot.

i can see the ufc logic but as far as my logic i would rather see a different opponent for both of them

Who else is he going to fight? Everybody else is booked. This feels more like a spite match because Werdum wanted to take time off.

I dont get this at all, Cain lost decisively to Werdum and is getting an instant rematch. There was no controversial decision or finish. And on top of that you have guy on some solid win streak at HW

AA and Ben are on 3 fight win streaks, Miocic is 4/5. There are 3 worthy guys right there

The UFC needs Cain as champ. The Mexican market needs Cain as champ. The money needs Cain as champ. Its all about money. All the decisions they make are based on money.

The UFC is more of a business than an actual sport

Is normal.

CHb1j_MUwAEYaEr.jpg

If a guy performed that good at high altitude, fought at Sea Level, how much better do you think he'll be? He'll be superman.

Just about tired of Cain fighting the same guys over and over again.

Just about tired of Cain fighting the same guys over and over again.

It's not like he is Frankie Edgar and defending his belt, but still having to fight the same dude in a rubber match.

He loses, and not only does he do so, but he gets finished on his way back to a rematch.

Don't hate that your boy is Batman king of rematches.

Are we talking about the same UFC that gave Alexander Gustafsson a title shot after a loss? Yeah, they don't give a fuck about legitimate title shots anymore. They only care about which fights make more money.

Dude, shut up. Let's break this down.

1. Gus is the only LHW to come close to beating Jones, the former, "undefeated" champ.
2. Gus recently lost to the guy who just got pummeled by the current champ. MMAth doesn't work. We know this.
3. Gus could end up either eliminating a possible future contender and/or waiting around in limbo for a Jones rematch.
4. UFC is a business. Of course they're interested in making money. Why would they want Ben Askren around as champ? He's a wet blanket and a tool. I wouldn't buy that PPV. That said, Werdum is likeable and has a big foreign presence.

Gus getting a title shot has nothing to do with Cain getting one. Apples and batteries.

I dont get this at all, Cain lost decisively to Werdum and is getting an instant rematch. There was no controversial decision or finish. And on top of that you have guy on some solid win streak at HW

AA and Ben are on 3 fight win streaks, Miocic is 4/5. There are 3 worthy guys right there

Isn't stipe on a 1 fight win streak?

AA or JDS should be getting the ts. Hell even Mir deserves it more than Cain. Fuck sake if Cain wins and gets injured again the HW is just shit. FFS

Really hope jds beats werdum sometime to fuck up the belt situation. All 3 can decisively beat each other.

Back