Media So we now KNOW who broke Usman's nose ...

reminder of what Usman did to Colbie, for those who still think that he should be fighting that leftover...

Screenshot-2021-04-18-at-20-23-36.png

I remember Colby presenting a challenge to Usman that was far superior to that of his other opponents.

I remember Colby presenting a challenge to Usman that was far superior to that of his other opponents.

Getting brutally finished should disqualify any challenger from getting a rematch one fight later. No one was talking about Kelvin rematching Adesanya leading into the fight with Till. When you get smashed, the road back should be a lot longer.

Getting brutally finished should disqualify any challenger from getting a rematch one fight later. No one was talking about Kelvin rematching Adesanya leading into the fight with Till. When you get smashed, the road back should be a lot longer.

One fight later is still one fight more than Masvidal has had since his last title fight - a snoozefest of a UD loss (50-45, 50-45, 49-46). If the only options are either Colby or Masvidal, then from a competition standpoint, Colby is the superior choice. He had the better fight, and he's actually added a win (yes, a single measly win) since then.

Wonderboy and Leon Edwards are better choices too, than Masvidal. Michael Chiesa Vincente Luque as well, lol. Only Gilbert Burns at this point has less of a claim to fight Usman than Masvidal. Anyways, we all know why this Usman-Masvidal 2 is being made - $$$. Has nothing to do with Jorge earning a rematch, or being the most logical choice ($$$ aside).

And as far as nobody talking about Kelvin rematching Adesanya, it's not because Kelvin lost an exciting decision. It's because it's a different division, with different circumstances and different dynamics. Izzy's next fight would be against Robert Whittaker for the belt, and then there was a selection of fresh match ups to make for him - including Romero and Costa. Usman as WW champ has already beat the Top 4 contenders. Wasn't the case for Izzy the champ.

One fight later is still one fight more than Masvidal has had since his last title fight - a snoozefest of a UD loss (50-45, 50-45, 49-46). If the only options are either Colby or Masvidal, then from a competition standpoint, Colby is the superior choice. He had the better fight, and he's actually added a win (yes, a single measly win) since then.

Wonderboy and Leon Edwards are better choices too, than Masvidal. Michael Chiesa Vincente Luque as well, lol. Only Gilbert Burns at this point has less of a claim to fight Usman than Masvidal. Anyways, we all know why this Usman-Masvidal 2 is being made - $$$. Has nothing to do with Jorge earning a rematch, or being the most logical choice ($$$ aside).

And as far as nobody talking about Kelvin rematching Adesanya, it's not because Kelvin lost an exciting decision. It's because it's a different division, with different circumstances and different dynamics. Izzy's next fight would be against Robert Whittaker for the belt, and then there was a selection of fresh match ups to make for him - including Romero and Costa. Usman as WW champ has already beat the Top 4 contenders. Wasn't the case for Izzy the champ.

The reason Masvidal is in there is precisely because none of the guys you've listed makes a compelling challenger.

Colby was competitive ..until the power shots that Usman was landing throughout the fight finally broke him and got him finished. He has proven nothing except that he has no path to victory vs Usman. Also, he is very likely not the same fighter after suffering that monstrous beating. Going 5 rounds with the ghost of Woodley is hardly proof that he is ready for championship level heat again. Look at his output in that fight - this is not the same guy who went to war with Usman.

Edwards should have had the shot at some point but like Masvidal he has done nothing since 2019. And while Masvidal was body bagging Till, Askren and mauling Nate, Leon was decisioning struggling has-beens like Cerrone, Nelson and RDA. Also, though it was in 2015, Edwards did fight Usman on a full camp and had absolutely nothing for him. That wouldn't matter if he was better positioned for a shot right now, but he really isn't, so it certainly doesn't help his case.

Chiesa's decisions over Magny and RDA are on the same level of impressive as Colby's win over Woodley and unlike Colby or Edwards, he has never shown any signs of being championship material. Magny is his best win...

same thing gonna happen usman is the better fighter .
mas only chance is lucky punch
Would be very reminiscent of Bisping/Rockhold 2. The older journeyman gettting a title fight he doesnt deserve, in a rematch where he was dominated. Against a champ who may have fallen in love with his striking after switching camps. Luke going TO Hooft, while Usman left Hooft.

Usman's fight to lose for sure if he fights smartly.

So people always wear their hats at the table while they eat now?

Why this rematch is occurring ill be fucked he got soundly beaten last time and hasnt done anything since.

Feels like im the only one who's pumped for this fight. So many questions.

Is this too quick of a turnaround for Usman?
How long will Usmans knees hold up?
What can Masvidal do with a full camp?
As Usman already had a full camp last time, what can he do different this time to a full camp Masvidal?

Let's go
Your not don't worry. This is a really high level fight

The reason Masvidal is in there is precisely because none of the guys you've listed makes a compelling challenger.

No, the reason he is in there is because Usman called him out for another payday. A payday the others cannot deliver. Who are you kidding?

You're definitely not the only one, everyone who thinks/says they aren't I guarantee you will be tuned in on the night of.

and all respect to Kamaru but I've got Mas.
There is a difference between being pumped for a fight and tuning in.

I’ll watch the fight.

I saw the countdown episodes in my yt feed and felt nothing/didn’t click. Maybe it will change over the week but I have been WAY more excited for most PPVs than I am for this unnecessary rematch of a conclusive one sided fight.

He seemed to have a rough time with the weight cutting. Way rougher than normal. He looked terrible at one point in a pre fight interview. That tells me he wasn't in camp.

For Masvidal to be in a camp secretly would also mean he knew all along, months prior, that Burns would catch the Rona and pull out.
He was probably in a general intensive training camp. I doubt he was training specifically for Usman like he's a fortune teller.

same thing gonna happen usman is the better fighter .
mas only chance is lucky punch
Or a flying knee at the beginning. Honestly I think he should try, because he's probably not going to win the fight. If he throws a flying knee at the beginning, maybe it lands, maybe it doesn't. But it's probably his best path to victory. No way he can control the fight and keep it at striking distance for long.

The real hype fight will be Colby vs Masvidal for the title if Jorge can put usman away.

If monkeys fly out of my butt what kind of interactions will they have with the flying pigs?

Or were you talking about the BMF title?

If monkeys fly out of my butt what kind of interactions will they have with the flying pigs?

Or were you talking about the BMF title?
Didn't say it was probable. I said the real hype fight would be between these two for a title. Just an offshoot the topic of this forum thread. Bmf title needs to go away.

Back