Media So we now KNOW who broke Usman's nose ...

Feels like im the only one who's pumped for this fight. So many questions.

Is this too quick of a turnaround for Usman?
How long will Usmans knees hold up?
What can Masvidal do with a full camp?
As Usman already had a full camp last time, what can he do different this time to a full camp Masvidal?

Let's go

50-45

He made weight, to me he was ready to go the whole time.
Making weight isn't the issue. A seasoned vet like Mas could make the weight on any notice.

The thing is being able to perform at that weight. That's why it's a process.

Anyone noticed how the UFC is going with the "BMF champion" thing with Masvidal? How can he be the champ of anything if he already lost to Usman? Same weight class and everything, if anything Usman is the unified WW Undisputed and BMF champion.

Making weight isn't the issue. A seasoned vet like Mas could make the weight on any notice.

The thing is being able to perform at that weight. That's why it's a process.
Yeah, i was implying that he performed like he would had with a full camp, he was training the whole time, also making weight is also a process, they dont jump from the couch and make weight the next day, they do "water load" days in advance, Sonnen has a pretty detailed video about this, the last couple of days is the big cut, but they are already losing water/weight way before that.

No that’s not true at all.

Like most top fighters, Mas trains year around but there’s a difference between camp and routine training. He was nowhere near weight when he got the call to replace Burns and that’s why he gassed after the first round.
Gotcha makes sense.

As Usman already had a full camp last time, what can he do different this time to a full camp Masvidal?

Let's go
I'll be cheering for Jorge - i like his style of fighting - and I expect him to do a lot better but have a feeling it will be a slightly less dominant performance from usman (throw hard fast strikes to close the distance, push up against the fence, toe stomp, some half ass shots to stay busy, rinse, repeat).

Anyone noticed how the UFC is going with the "BMF champion" thing with Masvidal? How can he be the champ of anything if he already lost to Usman? Same weight class and everything, if anything Usman is the unified WW Undisputed and BMF champion.

This is ufe not ufc, relinquishing your BMF toys r us belt isn't necessary for the higher uppers. Full approval on board for the one who wins the belt can keep it for life and sell it later on in life when they're living in a trailer with some prosties hurting for money.

He seemed to have a rough time with the weight cutting. Way rougher than normal. He looked terrible at one point in a pre fight interview. That tells me he wasn't in camp.

For Masvidal to be in a camp secretly would also mean he knew all along, months prior, that Burns would catch the Rona and pull out.

...and yet, a lot of dummies here actually believe this secret camp thing.

Let's go
Agree. Did masvidal see something in the burns fight he can capitalize on and will be able to do with a full camp and gameplay or is Usman just a cut above the rest.
I'm excited for the fight but the ufc hype machine saying this is the rematch we all needed makes me want to fucking puke.

The real hype fight will be Colby vs Masvidal for the title if Jorge can put usman away.

Let's go

There really aren’t that many questions if you’ve been paying attention.

Usman took zero real damage in his last fight. It was short and sweet. He got knocked down, but that happens. He didn’t get KO’d, or take prolonged damage. Figgy turned around for title fights in a month.

Do you really expect his knees to cave in in the space of a quick turnaround fight?

The whole no camp thing was nothing but bullshit. There are numerous sources that say Masvidal was training the whole time.

Why would Usman have to change a thing for the rematch? He didn’t dominate Masvidal enough for you last time?

What questions are there? Except for a puncher’s chance. Why would this fight be very different from the first one?

No that’s not true at all.

Like most top fighters, Mas trains year around but there’s a difference between camp and routine training. He was nowhere near weight when he got the call to replace Burns and that’s why he gassed after the first round.
Ironically, 6 days notice Whorehey, did a better job then Burns.

reminder of what Usman did to Colbie, for those who still think that he should be fighting that leftover...

Screenshot-2021-04-18-at-20-23-36.png

The whole no camp thing was nothing but bullshit. There are numerous sources that say Masvidal was training the whole time.

Do you really not understand the difference between a fight camp, where you are meticulously preparing for peak conditioning and a weight cut vs 'keeping in shape/helping other guys prepare' kind of training?

There really aren’t that many questions if you’ve been paying attention.

Usman took zero real damage in his last fight. It was short and sweet. He got knocked down, but that happens. He didn’t get KO’d, or take prolonged damage. Figgy turned around for title fights in a month.

Do you really expect his knees to cave in in the space of a quick turnaround fight?

Why would Usman have to change a thing for the rematch? He didn’t dominate Masvidal enough for you last time?

What questions are there? Except for a puncher’s chance. Why would this fight be very different from the first one?
Congratulations for the dumbest post of the month so far. Not sure if trolling but i'll bite:

1. It's not about the damage taken in a fight. It's about the toll of a training camp and breaks in between. You use Figgy as an example, the guy almost lost his belt after the quick turnaround. Every fight camp takes something out of you. And even if we're talking damage taken in a fight, Usman getting knocked down IS damage. You obviously never been flash knocked down before or trained a day in your life, which is okay, but you clearly haven't bothered to learn about it.

2. Masvidal wasn't in a full training camp. What's the bullshit?

Back