So wait, why can't Jones fight at HW again?

People saw how much trouble jones had in his first fight against a high level fighter who was a similar size to him. They now conclude that jones will have issues with the bigger guys at hw, especially those who have a similar reach.

It's not about size in general, its about jones performances against men of varying sizes.

Though, I do agree that too much emphasis gets put on weight (as evidenced by the hw division). There could be a lot of fun fights between weight classes I think if everyone wasn't concerned about the weight difference.

You just said it.

Cain manhandles people that are bigger, Jones manhandles people that are smaller

About as solid an answer as you're gonna get.

Of course Jones can fight at HW. He will get his shit pushed in of course, but it doesn't mean he can't give it a go.

Your question makes no fucking sense... He can fight at HW.

Instead you meant to (snidely) ask, "Why doesn't he fight at HW?"

Well, for starters, he has this giant gold belt that says Light Heavyweight Champion on it. So he probably likes that belt and wants to hold on to for a long time. I think this is pretty damn obvious.

Also, he has stated that he's still growing, and wouldn't mind fighting at HW one day. So I fail to understand your snark. You sound upset or something. I don't get you.

Let me guess, you're hurt that he said something about Cain. You know who isn't hurt about that?

Mother Fucking Cain.

how in the hell did you take this as a snarky bashing of jones? the op was pretty clearly calling the people who say he couldn't compete at HW idiots WHILE ALSO PRAISING JONES' ABILITIES

Jones fought at heavyweight before?

Bones needs to beat tito's record for title reign in days (a little over 1000 days) so he has about a year to beat it i believe.

Ahh ya have to love it when haters get so desperate that they have to bitch that he isn't in another weight class since they really hae nothing else.

So let me get one thing straight.

So Cain Velasquez can fight guys like Brock Lesnar & Bigfoot Silva, both of whom weighed most likely 275+ on fight night while Cain only weighed 240 for each bout & I doubt he really cuts any weight at all, which left him at a 35+ pound disadvantage & he absolutely decimated both of them.

Even JDS, fought Mark Hunt, Shane Carwin & Frank Mir & he decimated all of them as well while only weighing 239, while Hunt, Carwin & Mir were 250+ on fight night.

& Jones is most likely walking around at 225 which is only 15 pound less than Cain say come fight night.

How come Jones can't compete with with Cain?

I mean, look at Cormier he was 235 while Mir was 257 come fight night & Cormier handled him like nothing. He did the same to Josh Barnett as well who most likely weighs a little more than Mir & in each bout he was at a 20 pound disadvantage.

Jon Jones is an elite fighter & so is Alexander Gustafsson, these guys could probably be competitive with the HW's.

I feel like everybody's blind anger for Jones is the reason why everybody doubts him on these boards. Get a grip of yourself, he's one of the best talents the sport has ever seen along w/ Gustafsson.

Jones has the natural talent & Gustafsson is a hard worker, they both showed in their recent fight on how far natural talent & hard work can get you but they're both just spectacular fighters & I think they can hold their own in HW. Just my two cents.

Because he doesn't want to.
Since when does a random guy on Sherdog tell him what to do?

As long as Jones can make 205 and chooses to do so he's a LHW. Jones moving to HW would make the LHW belt worthless as the new champ would always be in Jones shadow and be seen as nothing more than a paper champ. Jones could easily roll through all the HW's except JDS and Cain but there's no reason for him to got to HW especially at the age of 26. All the people who want Jones to move to HW are Jones haters who just want to see Jones lose and will never be impressed. If Jones were to win the HW title they'd probably want him to box with the Kilitschko brothers or fight sumo or some crazy shit. Jones is a LHW let's just keep it that way.

The answer is simple, he can't do what he's been doing to LHWs.

He's not going to be able to stiff arm hws, he's not going to be able to ragdoll them to the ground when ever he pleases.

Those are 2 huge factors of his style that allow him to use his style effectively.

Why doesn't nick saban coach nfl if he's so great at college

nfl_g_saban_gb1_576.jpg

Back