So, Valentina will defend vs...who the hook is this girl?

They say they'll only fight each other if it is for the title.

in
valentina_antonina_schevchenko.0.jpg

mALKdaP.jpg

you-know-valentina-shevchenko-but-sister-antonina-shevchenko-wants-her-own-ufc-name-1.jpg

Uh huh that's nice. And of course under terrorist snitch as a manager, but that doesn't say much - he has a lot of good guys as well.
Any story of why she left?

No idea, Mark Henry was coaching her on the Tuf show and he recommended her to Ali.

No I mean BW division. Nunes is a champ there, not Cyborg.

I know she is, but as I said Eubanks is going Bantam and Cyborg is pretty much the only person in the womens featherweight, that's why I said Flyweight has a deeper division than Womens featherweight (Cyborg division).

You could make the Carmouche fight, revenge for that L on Val's record, also Nicco as they both hate each other.
I don't know how much potential they'd have working that angle. Valentina was asked about that loss since her UFC debut and she's stated in more than one occasion that she was stopped for a cut due to an illegal upkick in a fight she was winning (I wonder why it wasn't ruled a no-contest, but it was a bush-league promotion). She also said she has the footage to prove it. Granted, that's only her word for it, but afaik Carmouche has never come out to deny that narrative. If what Valentina says is true, I think she'd like the rematch, but the UFC might not.

Last edited:
The fuck? They actually said they would fight each other?
I thought I recalled that they said, somewhere, that they would, but only if it was for the title. Maybe I got that wrong. In looking for a link to support that, I found one that claims that they would NOT fight each other even if one was champ and the other the #1 contender. So, for now, consider me to have made an error in what I said.
https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/11...in-sparring-its-not-that-simple-antonina-says

I was under the impression that lipski was the number 1 ranked 125 fighter in the world outside the UFC?

How did you measure that exactly?

It is obvious, no reason to measure anything. Valentina wasn't able to hurt JJ with spinning back kicks at all. She got many tools but power isn't one of them.

Title fight for Antonina is pretty much nonsense at this point. Not even close for that level.

I don't know how much potential they'd have working that angle. Valentina was asked about that loss since her UFC debut and she's stated in more than one occasion that she was stopped for a cut due to an illegal upkick in a fight she was winning (I wonder why it wasn't ruled a no-contest, but it was a bush-league promotion). She also said she has the footage to prove it. Granted, that's only her word for it, but afaik Carmouche has never come out to deny that narrative. If what Valentina says is true, I think she'd like the rematch, but the UFC might not.

Check this out:
http://www.sherdog.com/events/C3-Fights-Red-River-Rivalry-14820

Looks like they only had 3 minute rounds in ALL of their fights, and Shevchenko quit between the rounds.

It is obvious, no reason to measure anything. Valentina wasn't able to hurt JJ with spinning back kicks at all. She got many tools but power isn't one of them.

No, it's actually obvious only in your wild imagination.
Who ever hurt JJ really and seriously, besides Rose 1 time?

And there IS a need for comparison, but I assume you won't get any, since you're just blabbering.

Yep, I'm not suggesting Carmouche as the top contender but I can see Shevchenko defending 3 times in 2019, Carmouche lost a split to Davis but she looked great against Maia, another win and she'd have a good shout at being one of the 3. The loss, whatever the circumstances, does give them something to spin.

I was under the impression that lipski was the number 1 ranked 125 fighter in the world outside the UFC?

According to the most recent Unified Women’s Mixed Martial Arts Rankings
Flyweights (116.1-126.0 pounds):

1. Ariane “Violence Queen” Lipski (11-3-0) – UFC
2. Ilima-Lei “The Ilimanator” Macfarlane (8-0-0) – Bellator
3. Valentina “Bullet” Shevchenko (16-3-0) – UFC
4. Liz “Girl-Rilla” Carmouche (12-6-0) – UFC
5. Jennifer Maia (15-5-1) – UFC
6. Agnieszka “Kuma” Niedźwiedź (10-1-0) – Invicta FC
7. Nicco Montaño (4-2-0) – UFC
8. Roxanne “The Happy Warrior” Modafferi (22-15-0) – UFC
9. Katlyn “Blonde Fighter” Chookagian (11-1-0) – UFC
10. Vanessa Porto (20-8-0) – Invicta FC

https://www.mmarising.com/rankings/unified-womens-mixed-martial-arts-rankings/

Yep, I'm not suggesting Carmouche as the top contender but I can see Shevchenko defending 3 times in 2019, Carmouche lost a split to Davis but she looked great against Maia, another win and she'd have a good shout at being one of the 3. The loss, whatever the circumstances, does give them something to spin.

Her fighting style though is an opposite of being appealing, or even convincing.
I think there's really nothing to spin there...

According to the most recent Unified Women’s Mixed Martial Arts Rankings
Flyweights (116.1-126.0 pounds):

1. Ariane “Violence Queen” Lipski (11-3-0) – UFC
2. Ilima-Lei “The Ilimanator” Macfarlane (8-0-0) – Bellator
3. Valentina “Bullet” Shevchenko (16-3-0) – UFC
4. Liz “Girl-Rilla” Carmouche (12-6-0) – UFC
5. Jennifer Maia (15-5-1) – UFC
6. Agnieszka “Kuma” Niedźwiedź (10-1-0) – Invicta FC
7. Nicco Montaño (4-2-0) – UFC
8. Roxanne “The Happy Warrior” Modafferi (22-15-0) – UFC
9. Katlyn “Blonde Fighter” Chookagian (11-1-0) – UFC
10. Vanessa Porto (20-8-0) – Invicta FC

https://www.mmarising.com/rankings/unified-womens-mixed-martial-arts-rankings/

That was before UFC 231...I wonder if they'll still have Lipski at #1 after an update.

Agree. Really it is a new division, so people could do the halfway mature thing and give it time to sort itself out. Of course, instead people will snivel and cry like prison bitches who welshed on a deal even though they claim to not care about WMMA.

Now that there is a solid title holder, let her fight whoever is reasonably obvious. Val vs. Eye makes sense assuming both fought on the same card and they should be ready at about the same time. Give Nicco and Liz a match and that can be a contender fight, with JoJo vs. Lipski another. This provides two possible contenders and allows for time for possible injuries.

Down the roster Maia could fight Niedźwiedź as both are coming off a loss (I think) and need wins. Roxy could fight Chook. There are a shit ton of fights that can be made and in a year the division will be solid.

But instead the "alpha males" and "hardcores" will continue to fucking cry.

I thought I recalled that they said, somewhere, that they would, but only if it was for the title. Maybe I got that wrong. In looking for a link to support that, I found one that claims that they would NOT fight each other even if one was champ and the other the #1 contender. So, for now, consider me to have made an error in what I said.
https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/11...in-sparring-its-not-that-simple-antonina-says
I wouldn't enjoy watching that, it just feels wrong. Some guy in WSOF fought his brother a few years ago (they had beef with each other) and the whole thing was just sad.

Agree. Really it is a new division, so people could do the halfway mature thing and give it time to sort itself out. Of course, instead people will snivel and cry like prison bitches who welshed on a deal even though they claim to not care about WMMA.

Now that there is a solid title holder, let her fight whoever is reasonably obvious. Val vs. Eye makes sense assuming both fought on the same card and they should be ready at about the same time. Give Nicco and Liz a match and that can be a contender fight, with JoJo vs. Lipski another. This provides two possible contenders and allows for time for possible injuries.

Down the roster Maia could fight Niedźwiedź as both are coming off a loss (I think) and need wins. Roxy could fight Chook. There are a shit ton of fights that can be made and in a year the division will be solid.

But instead the "alpha males" and "hardcores" will continue to fucking cry.

I'm not sure if by "fucking crying" you meant this thread initially and myself specifically, but you missed the point big time.

Of course there ARE challengers. There ALWAYS are challengers, even when a champion "cleans up" the division (in our case, it's exactly opposite).
The point is, ALL of these challengers look not convincing in their UFC accomplishments and will not sell as legitimate.
And since Valentina hasn't even defended yet , it will be hard to sell them as just "take whatever it is" - like in cases of MM-Cariaso, or Cyborg-Kunitskaya etc.

Back