So Unfortunately 193 ppv main card is set.

UFC 193: Regional MMA.

This is what the UFC does. They go to a country (in this case Australia), and make sure virtually every fight on the card involves a fighter from that country/region (usually in a favorable matchup) - as if the fans there couldn't possibly be interested in fights not involving an Australian or New Zealander.

This is what the UFC does. They go to a country, and make sure virtually every fight on the card involves a fighter from that country/region (usually in a favorable matchup) - as if the fans there couldn't possibly be interested in fights not involving an Australian or New Zealander.

I can't speak for the Aussies but in Canada I think most of us would much rather have relevant fighters on the card rather than just home grown guys.

None of those matchups on the prelims are appealing to me, and the first 2 main card fights are a joke.

This is what the UFC does. They go to a country (in this case Australia), and make sure virtually every fight on the card involves a fighter from that country/region (usually in a favorable matchup) - as if the fans there couldn't possibly be interested in fights not involving an Australian or New Zealander.

In a country that doesn't get many live viewers of MMA events, or nearly the same the press that it gets in America, isn't that simply smart business?

Please if you know international business better than they do, please enlighten the rest of us of how they should be operating.

I'm still confused....help with what? Are you concerned over the buyrate or lack of attendance?

Buy rate basically. Fck it not a big deal I guess they will bite the bullet with this one but I was expecting something more. Dana gonna Dana us as always

lmao 70k for lawler vs condit? I can't wait till one of them get injured and hunt vs bigfoot is the main event.

agree with him. This model simply doesn't work. Leave the local guys that aren't top tier for the prelims and start stacking every fight on the PPV like they use to in the mid to late 2000s. Shit just ain't the same.

Dont see this card selling more then 15k tix, unless they price them low. Good card though

I'm sure the Bigfoot/Hunt rematch will be an exciting draw for locals.

card seem alright....except the Bisping fight...seems like an odd matchup

I don't think the main card is set. I don't think MMA Mania have a source for that card layout and they're just speculating.

I don't think they'd risk trying to fill a stadium with only 3 feature fights, 1 title fight, no real rivalries or storylines, and no big stars like Conor or Ronda. It's still 3 months away, so what if there's injuries? There has to be more fights if for no other reason than as a backup plan.

I don't think the main card is set. I don't think MMA Mania have a source for that card layout and they're just speculating.

I don't think they'd risk trying to fill a stadium with only 3 feature fights, 1 title fight, no real rivalries or storylines, and no big stars like Conor or Ronda. It's still 3 months away, so what if there's injuries? There has to be more fights if for no other reason than as a backup plan.

I would certainly hope the UFC wouldn't kick off a fckin stadium show with

155 lbs.: Jake Matthews vs. Akbarh Arreola
170 lbs.: Kyle Noke vs. Peter Sobotta

70k for THAT???

LOL!!

I'm betting there's a couple great fights to be announced.

That main card is bad for a 70,000 stadium show

I think it's decent enough to warrant buying simply because the main and co main. It does seem weak for a 70k capacity stadium, though.

3 great fights and fight pass level crap so far. The card is not set though

robbies lip is bad HOLY SHIT
usa-today-8691567.0.jpg

Its supposed to be a huge market for them, its been banned, first event, great title fight, rematch of Big Foot/Hunt, Bisping, cheap tickets, even with the rest of the card I think its gonna sell alot of tickets which is what they care about.

Now ticket prices will play a big part of it but if good tickets are pretty cheap and its the first event and you can go see some of your local guys, Bisping, Hunt, Lawler/Condit I think many will go.

So to us the rest of the card doesnt look great but to them being first time they probably wont have a problem with it.

But we'll see come Nov how many people are on the building. I think if they can get 40-50k in there for this card thats amazing, if they can get over 50k like they hope it will be huge.

Lawler vs Condit is worth the price of admission alone. People complain about everything...

Back