So Tony's name is just dangling in front of...

It's a high risk, low reward type fight for Conor. Tony would take him into the later rounds and drown him for the clear-cut decision.

Is there really anyone within a reasonable weight class for Conor that has enough controversy, build up, hype, trash-talk to get Conor into the ring again who he has not already fought? Why would he bother for peanuts?

If he has to risk potentially losing again, I think it would have to be an enormous selling event and that needs the controversy and trash talk to get the masses interested. Otherwise risk to reward just doesn't make business sense. And Conor is BUSINESS SAVVY MMA prize fighter GOAT. Pretty much undisputed. Diaz, Kabib, Anyone else would be surprising to me.

Tony would give him nightmares, better pretty much everywhere minus the left cross. Tony would sub him in under 3 rounds guaranteed.

Is there really anyone within a reasonable weight class for Conor that has enough controversy, build up, hype, trash-talk to get Conor into the ring again who he has not already fought? Why would he bother for peanuts?

If he has to risk potentially losing again, I think it would have to be an enormous selling event and that needs the controversy and trash talk to get the masses interested. Otherwise risk to reward just doesn't make business sense. And Conor is BUSINESS SAVVY MMA prize fighter GOAT. Pretty much undisputed. Diaz, Kabib, Anyone else would be surprising to me.
Conor doesn't need all that. Only huggers need that. his haters want to see him fight and fight a top guy. Which are probably bigger fans, at least sport wise. if he is goingg for the title in his next fight and loses, he could be done. Now he beats a top contender, he gets another. possibly TS. it is a big risk, but reward is even bigger. He could be one and done possibly either way.

Everyone tries to avoid Ferguson. Thats imo not something to hold against Conor. Tony is just the complete package and extremely dangerous in all aspects of the game.

He is the true champ at LW for a long time now. Nowadays its a little bit like in boxing were the best dont necessarily have the most prestigious belts because of politics. It was dissapointing for quite some time how far the UFC has moved on from the best getting title shots but I have accepted they are a circus show nowadays and if we are lucky from time to time we get relevant match ups. It is what it is.

Tony's been calling him out for years. You think he'd take the fight now? He backed out of the Cerrone match up...

Come on..another Conor ducking thread.
At this point, Conor has a record for most sherdog threads.

He already ducked Tony and MMA as a whole at this point.
How many guys at 155 come back to MMA to fight Khabib after the huge boxing payday and his many other sources of revenue?

I'm sure 0verlord though and his lengthy MMA resume wouldn't "duck" or dare walk away from fighting.

How many guys at 155 come back to MMA to fight Khabib after the huge boxing payday and his many other sources of revenue?

I'm sure 0verlord though and his lengthy MMA resume wouldn't "duck" or dare walk away from fighting.
Oh now the discussion has shifted to Khabib, boxing and even me.

Zero relevance to the fact that Conor hasn't got the balls to fight El Cucuy.

So is Conor ducking Masvidal or Ferguson? Sherdog claims its both.

A year ago, Conor was ducking Khabib.

Then this happened:

McGREGOR1.jpg

It didn't take 4 times to happen like Ferguson vs Khaib (which still hasn't happened), so maybe Ferguson ducked Khabib by injuring his knee. Or maybe Khabib ducked Tony by purposefully not making weight

Conor is great, at least top 100 European fighter in LW division, it's a nice accomplishment.

<BC1>

I don't understand how they make it work for Conor with the ESPN ppv.

Would ESPN give Connie points? Where specifically would the money come from to pay Conor?

Conor is hoping that Dustin wins and will jump for the opportunity

Conor was always fighting at the safe side, Conor never took a risk , never defend a belt.
he was always asking for other peoples belts but was never man enough to put his own.

so the answer is no , he would never fight Tony without a belt on the line

Conor is hoping that Dustin wins and will jump for the opportunity

Conor was always fighting at the safe side, Conor never took a risk , never defend a belt.
he was always asking for other peoples belts but was never man enough to put his own.

so the answer is no , he would never fight Tony without a belt on the line

Err didn’t he choose to fight Nate at the bigger weight of 170 instead of 155? That revisionist view point

Err didn’t he choose to fight Nate at the bigger weight of 170 instead of 155? That revisionist view point
didnt he chose to fight Cabo Diaz and avoid all other fighters ?
by the way , you are talking about Nate Diaz and not a world beater here

didnt he chose to fight Cabo Diaz and avoid all other fighters ?
by the way , you are talking about Nate Diaz and not a world beater here

Nate literally beat him dude. Doesn’t get much more challenging than that

How many other guys have had the opportunity too though?

I do know that the guy he fought for that "huge Boxing payday" had Conors money 15 years ago but still chose to remain disciplined and continue fighting for another decade against nothing but championship level opposition despite having no reason to financially.

He did this because his legacy as a fighter and desire to go into the history books as a legend and all time great in his sport was just as important to him as becoming the highest earning athlete in combat sports history was.

This is the difference between a true fighter and someone only fighting for the money.

No, he chose to fight Nate at 170 because he couldn't make 155 on 10 days notice and wanted to fight at 165 instead.

Imagine if that fight did take place at 155 though. It would have ruined his title shot hopes and removed the "I fought a bigger man" and "went up 2 weight classes" narrative which is why, imo, he asked for 170 to begin with.

Conor is busy preparing for his next fight against Wyllder I guess.
He has no time for Tony

Back