So Tony vs Conor seems pretty logical right now

Comor should stick with Cerrone it's a much more winnable fight than Tony is.

If Conor hasn't fell off, which is unlclear at this stage he's a very bad match up for Tony.

Tony is very easy to hit and even though his recovery is incredible his chin is very suspect...

Great fight.
Unfortunately Tony is very durable even though his defense isn't great. His cardio is far above Conor's, he is unorthodox, long reach and tremendous in scrambles with submission finishes. If Conor doesn't get the early finish he is toast both standing and on the ground. VERY BAD matchup for Conor. Plus he doesn't quit when the going gets tough unlike McTapper who is unwilling to absorb damage in order to attempt a comeback.

It would have more beef than the Cowboy fight, ranking wise is more appealing as well, and a win for either of them would be a good claim for the Khabib fight in November.

Ferguson doesn't bring enough PPV buys to the table, so Mcgregor should look to someone that will pull his own weight when it comes to making money from a fight.

Unfortunately Tony is very durable even though his defense isn't great. His cardio is far above Conor's, he is unorthodox, long reach and tremendous in scrambles with submission finishes. If Conor doesn't get the early finish he is toast both standing and on the ground. VERY BAD matchup for Conor. Plus he doesn't quit when the going gets tough unlike McTapper who is unwilling to absorb damage in order to attempt a comeback.
Disagree, Tony has been hurt badly by fighters not close to Conor's level on the feet, Conor doesn't let people of the hook when he hurts them, Tony's best chance is take a severe beating and then overwhelm an exhausted Conor, like Nate did, or perhaps engineering a scramble and sinching up a sub.

I have the fight at about 70/30 in Conor's favour, assuming Conor is back to his best.

Disagree, Tony has been hurt badly by fighters not close to Conor's level on the feet, Conor doesn't let people of the hook when he hurts them, Tony's best chance is take a severe beating and then overwhelm an exhausted Conor, like Nate did, or perhaps engineering a scramble and sinching up a sub.

I have the fight at about 70/30 in Conor's favour, assuming Conor is back to his best.
Barboza is a very skilled striker and probably beats Conor at 155. Tony hung in there vs. Barboza and got the submission. I think Ferguson finishes Conor by R3 or R4. Ferguson has a pretty long winning streak at 155 (11 straight) and Conor is 2 and 2 at 155 (split with Diaz including submission loss, dominant TKO win over Alvarez and one sided submission loss to Khabib. It's not like Conor has been more successful than Ferguson at 155 and I think Ferguson's reach takes away something Conor usually has in his favor and exploits well. The fact that McGregor had trouble with a solid, but not elite Nate Diaz speaks volumes about McGregor at 155.

Ferg isn't obv. much better than Cerrone as a fight for Conor, and Cerrone hype has already started and is already building. Plus you got White not excited about Ferg as champ, and then him not accepting the interim fight puts Ferg in Dana's doghouse. Add to that Ferg is a riskier fight for Dana's cash cow, Conor... Ferg isn't going to fight Conor.

I honestly think it's over with Conor, looking at his last fight and his training... He looks like stuck in the mud.. Tony's pressure and endurance would be too much and I doubt he can knock Tony out.
Conor's fame and wealth has gotten to his head and he doesn't have the fire anymore.

He didn't even take Khabib serious the most important fight of his life.

Barboza is a very skilled striker and probably beats Conor at 155. Tony hung in there vs. Barboza and got the submission. I think Ferguson finishes Conor by R3 or R4. Ferguson has a pretty long winning streak at 155 (11 straight) and Conor is 2 and 2 at 155 (split with Diaz including submission loss, dominant TKO win over Alvarez and one sided submission loss to Khabib. It's not like Conor has been more successful than Ferguson at 155 and I think Ferguson's reach takes away something Conor usually has in his favor and exploits well. The fact that McGregor had trouble with a solid, but not elite Nate Diaz speaks volumes about McGregor at 155.
In no way is Barboza on Conor's level, as usual people forget how good Conor is, people need a reminder.

Unless Old Conor appears, he's in for a demolition. And even Old Conor won't have a nice time, whether he wins or not xD

In no way is Barboza on Conor's level, as usual people forget how good Conor is, people need a reminder.
Some people forget that 155 isn't the same as 145. He no longer has the huge weight and reach advantage. What has Conor done at 155 lately? Please elaborate and remind me what is so great about going 2 - 2 since leaving 145. Barboza probably beats Conor's lead leg to a pulp and then goes about his business without much trouble. Conor doesn't like adversity and Barboza's leg kicks are absolutely brutal. I think Barboza - McGregor would be a great fight, but I doubt McGregor takes this fight. Too risky for him against someone who isn't a big draw and doesn't own the belt.

The UFC want Conor to hold a belt again. That's why there's an interim title fight between two guys he already beat. Conor will fight the winner.

Between now and then they're not gonna risk him losing to Tony.

Back