So Tony/Khabib winner is confirmed to fight RDA/Conor winner?

Same contract, more PPV buys = more money. Elementary.
only matters if he has ppv points in his contract which i am not sure on as i am not rda or his agent or manager but its possible that his deal hasnt been restructured after one defense.

Nah bro, Conrad beats RDA in half a second, then gets a shot at Jon Jones and Werdum and beats them both at the same time.
Now this would make Artem jealous regardless of what he says

Tony vs Conor would be marvellous

Alvarez will never fight Conor, ffs. What a waste of a bout that would be.

only matters if he has ppv points in his contract which i am not sure on as i am not rda or his agent or manager but its possible that his deal hasnt been restructured after one defense.

If that's the case he has no one to blame but himself. This fight was a golden opportunity to renegoshe.

Every champ does. Some just never get to use it as they can't sell enough PPV.

tony/khabib could end up being
tony/aaron riley or tony/paul taylor
whoe knows?

injuries could prevent all this shit
from ever happening.

imo alvarez deserves it. but i know the just bleed crowd thinks differently.
I'm not part of the "just bleed crowd" but there's no way Alvarez deserves it.

I think your opinion is one that Jeff Wagenheim will share. He's trying to fit a square peg into a round hole in how he thinks about MMA, by treating it the same way you treat traditional sports that have seasons. For example, the top team in each division of an American sports league go to the playoffs. Or the top 4 teams in the Premier League go to the Champions League. MMA can't work like that. For example, if you beat the #1 guy and the #4 guy (or whatever Melendez was) then that's better than beating the #7 guy (Barboza) and #10 guy (Thomson). I don't know the rankings, and that's just an example. It can't be that simple.

Fighters don't fight on a regular schedule, and can't fight on a regular schedule for health reasons. Every individual fight is a spectacle. It's the same reason people say "MMA is a sport but not a game", and that people can't just "play MMA", after school like they can "play basketball" or "play soccer".

So, what I'm getting at is that you shouldn't try and set up some sort of merit system. I feel that's how you came to the conclusion that Alvarez > Ferguson? I don't think you should be that simplistic. You need to look at the content of the fight and the context of the wins. Ferguson has looked way better than Alvarez in his wins, is on a longer win streak, and frankly just looks like a better fighter. I don't think Alvarez even deserved to win his last fight, and arguably could be on a 3-fight losing streak.

Khabib would be a great matchup for Conor, both stylistically and in terms of the pre fight antics. Khabib ain't gonna sit there and let Conor clown him. That could be a HUGE fight.

if somehow Conor wins he will try his chance at WW, I dont see him going back to FW anymore after a win at LW.
with a win against RDA he can have his biggest pay by trying to fight at WW and he will not look for any other fight.

but it will not happen because RDA will beat the shit out of him.

at the other side Khabib vs Ferguson sounds much more interesting to me.

imo alvarez deserves it. but i know the just bleed crowd thinks differently.
He's definitely in the mix with wins over Melendez, and Pettis. It'll just come down to what holds more weight I guess, those 2 wins, or the length of Tony or Khabib's win streak after their fight. How the tony vs khabib fight goes down will definitely be a decider too. If khabib wins a snoozer, i could see them leap frogging Alvarez into the spot.

Back