So TJ with 2 years off, 35yo, MCL strain, meniscus&LCL tear and 1 eye beat Cory Sandhagen

Prime TJ runs through everyone
Beat Sandhagen? Big words mate. If you are honest, isnt a draw the most just and fair decision to be givien for such a close fight?

Its too bad they almost never give those.

Yeah he did well but "beat" eh... he lost on every metric a fight has except waist holding.

Daddy’s coming for that belt easy, easy money for that belt right now
He won a split decision
Many of the comments here are just silly.
TJ is a motherfucker and I won't pick anyone against him in the 35 division
If you go by official result, sure. Your title works
I don't like to use the word beat, more like was awarded....

I think we should all agree it wasnt even close to a beating. We should consider such a close fight as a draw. Too bad the current flawed scoring criteria made draws almost impossible.

You sorry motherfuckers probably picked Cory to beat him lmfao. Will look up ya'll post history when i got the time and hit you back. Haven't seen a more sorry group of bums in the first page of a thread ever.
No I didn’t pick Cory to beat him. Sorry but I didn’t even care for this overrated manlets clash. EPO is a helluva drug but not much of a draw.

I think we should all agree it wasnt even close to a beating. We should consider such a close fight as a draw. Too bad the current flawed scoring criteria made draws almost impossible.
Agreed because TJ has losses on his record that should have been a draw like him vs Cruz.

Agreed because TJ has losses on his record that should have been a draw like him vs Cruz.

Yes. I am on the opinion you can only win by either 10-8 or finish. If not, then 10-10. So no more 10-9 close rounds.

Regarding you mentioning PEDs. If there is one fighter that was truly obvious it is Cejudo. He change in muscularity was comical. And that after his physical prime years. Just like Romero. You can get better in MMA because its so much about skill & tactics but physical its impossible to look like a greek good in your 30s while nothing like that in your 20s.

It's very much a possiblity without having to result to chemical enhancement.
Going from bro science with you buddies who are always in the gym to actually hiring a nutrionist alone will show a change in your appearance.

Dont you think Cejudo is also a once in a lifetime talent? Imo Cejudo has fantastic skillset. Sad that he did not fight more at the height of his abilities.

The fight was a clear win for Cejudo but imo too short to really compare them and going down to 125 was a dumb idea from TJ in my opinion. But well we want fighters take risks. Its rare these days. Cejudo & TJ really are worldclass and p4p fighters. Respect to both of them.

Regarding you mentioning PEDs. If there is one fighter that was truly obvious it is Cejudo. He change in muscularity was comical. And that after his physical prime years. Just like Romero. You can get better in MMA because its so much about skill & tactics but physical its impossible to look like a greek good in your 30s while nothing like that in your 20s.
Yes he looked very different from let’s say his first fight with mighty mouse and earlier in his career. But I also can’t accuse him of juicing just over the eye test cause that would be fighter bashing per sherdog rules. You are innocent until proven guilty.

I wouldnt say beat, he got a controversial decision win, Corey won that fight.

Back