So... TJ just got smoked by someone a weight class below him. He is a paper champ now

Another question:
If TJ win, FW would be dissolved. so, the bantamweight division should be dissolved now?

TJ is still the 135 pound king partly because he is avoiding the rest of the division by dropping down with immediate plans to also get dropped by Max (oops not planning but knocked out just the same). His stock is down that's for sure. Pound for pound my azz. He even jeopardized his "best 135'er of all time" with that pathetic performance. The fact is, MM had 1000% more to complain about with his decision loss but man'd up big time. TJ is one sorry loser. He needs to stop whining and give Henry more credit.

man MMA fans can be dicks sometimes.

The man took a chance and went for a shot at being a double champ. How are we going to knock the man for taking a risk most mma champions wont take.

plus it remains to be seen if he just had no business at 125.

Rumble Johnson was finished by rich Clemnti

I can take a chance and cut weight to fight my little sister, doesn't make me great if I kick her ass but if she beats my ass I would be embarassed. Kinda like that guy that got submitted at his local gym by a chick.

He is definitely not a paper champ. However, to make sure there is no doubt whos the best BW, he should fight Cejudo at 135. That really needs to happen for him and his legacy

Sorry but he moved down and got wrecked. His 135 belt means nothing now. There is no way he can wear the 135 strap with pride.

If he moved up I would give him props .. But he moved down faced a smaller guy..... Who just won the 125 strap and got koed.

1. This is why extreme weight cutting is bad

2. Performance at one weight class does not equal performance in the other.

3. Anderson Silva; you absolutely suck!

How in the fuck his 135 belt is paper after losing at 125? There is no logic behind that dumb thought.God some TJ haters are some insufferable retards.
TS is one of the more illogical and delusional posters I've noticed here. Pretty sure if you'd ask him he'd tell you Anderoid is still the true MW champ and that Jones never took steroids lol

He got whooped by a smaller man... Who just won the belt... If he got FD up by mm fair enough but cejudo is not a legend
You're right. Cejudo is not a legend. Imma go out on a limb here and say he's pretty f'n good though and has improved tremendously.

No, he is champ at 135 because he beat the previous champ at 135.
He fought the champ at 125 and lost, he is not the champ at 125.
I am almost sure that is how it goes, don't know anything about any paper.

Yep, his tittle only means he gets paid more right now but as a fan I can't think of him as a champ until he puts down the #1 contender at his weight class or beats Cejudo.

I wouldnt go as far as calling him a paper champ, but it does take some shine off the 135 belt. Cejudo is definitely the man to beat now.

man MMA fans can be dicks sometimes.

The man took a chance and went for a shot at being a double champ. How are we going to knock the man for taking a risk most mma champions wont take.

plus it remains to be seen if he just had no business at 125.

Rumble Johnson was finished by rich Clemnti
Would have been more impressed if he moved up though based on his showing against Cejudo can you imagine what Max would have done to him.

People on the opposite side of the coin who are pretending this means nothing to the 135 divison are just as crazy imo. This is what pound for pound stands for. TJ thinking he still calls the shots and wants a rematch at 125 is cringeworthy. Give him the shot at 135, beat the brakes off him and get the sway back to neutral.

Like it or not, you don't call the shots anymore T.J

A paper champ is somebody like esparza that won a shitty tuf competition to get her belt or somebody that got lucky like Serra and Alvarez. TJ defended multiple times, Cejudo rematch is likely next. Hopefully it's at 135 this time.

She won the belt against the current champion... Yes I know. Green. But still. That tuf had some top women in there. Stop hating

TJ is still the 135 pound king partly because he is avoiding the rest of the division by dropping down with immediate plans to also get dropped by Max (oops not planning but knocked out just the same). His stock is down that's for sure. Pound for pound my azz. He even jeopardized his "best 135'er of all time" with that pathetic performance. The fact is, MM had 1000% more to complain about with his decision loss but man'd up big time. TJ is one sorry loser. He needs to stop whining and give Henry more credit.

Totally this. Downplaying cejudo makes him look like a bitch and makes the beating he took far worse. History says if you want someone to run it back you should be respectful not an arrogant whiny loser.

She won the belt against the current champion... Yes I know. Green. But still. That tuf had some top women in there. Stop hating

stop it dude, just because rose turned into something better, doesn't take away that when they did that tuf belt it was a mockery.

This is what Cyborg claimed would happen to Nunes. Of course she was moving up not down.

How in the fuck his 135 belt is paper after losing at 125? There is no logic behind that dumb thought.God some TJ haters are some insufferable retards.

Because they're casuals or have the mental capacities of permenant casuals

Lol it's a pretty weak argument you got yourself there bud. A fighter can only be great and a paper champ if they're unproven, which TJ is not. Your quote made no sense hence why you were called retard.

Are you seriously that stupid?

TJ isn't a paper champ because he's unproven, he's a paper champ because he just got beat by a smaller fighter

Back