So... TJ just got smoked by someone a weight class below him. He is a paper champ now

I grew up around muslims and wanted to find out what lies behind their backwardsness and hatred for everyone not muslims.
So you know bunch of people who hates everyone not muslims and think all muslims are like that? That's dumb as hell and not true.

So you know bunch of people who hates everyone not muslims and think all muslims are like that? That's dumb as hell and not true.
No its experience and knowledge about a evil ideology that can only be compared to nazism and communism just 100 times worse

No its experience and knowledge about a evil ideology that can only be compared to nazism and communism just 100 times worse
Whatever you say bud.You already stated that you can't be convinced so no point to argue with you.Have a good day.

A paper champ is somebody like esparza that won a shitty tuf competition to get her belt or somebody that got lucky like Serra and Alvarez. TJ defended multiple times, Cejudo rematch is likely next. Hopefully it's at 135 this time.
No. Esparza was the Invicta champ and arguably the top SW at the time aside from maybe JAG. TUF had some of the top ranked fighters at the time (including the current champ, who Esparza beat). Serra wasnt a paper champ either. He beat GSP. It may have been a fluke, but he still beat him and deserved to be called champ.

A paper champ is when you win a title without beating the real champ. Cormier was a paper champ at LHW. Barao was a paper champ. "To be the man, you have to beat the man." If you dont beat the man, you might be the champ on paper, but you didnt get it by beating the real champ.

Of you are the bigger guy...yes.

Bigger=advantage. Don't play dumb
Bigger =/= Stronger
Ilir Latifi is probably stronger than a lot of the HWs.

Stronger =/= Better
Ilir Latifi lost to Gegard Mousasi.

Bigger =/= Better
Brock Lesnar got wrecked by Cain Velasquez.

Bigger guys who have to cut weight also often are not fighting at their optimal performance. For example, Anthony Johnson at MW. He can beat almost any LHW in the world. But when he was cutting to 170 while walking around at nearly 230, he had mixed success.

So while I don't disagree that its better to be strong as opposed to weak, being stronger isn't the end all be all. Cutting weight, you lose strength, as well as endurance, durability, etc. It adds mental stress. Your smaller opponent might be quicker.

Let me also add, probably most importantly, it's not as much about size/strength as it is about the individual fighters and how they match up against each other on a given night. If it were all about size and strength, Mariusz Pudzianowski would be the best fighter in the world.

TJ is great.

Cejudo has GOAT potential.

Like a guy said yesterday, Cejudo struggles to make weight too. He will be a large 135. He is an A-level athlete. He will knock TJ out again. Then Dana will be left to decide do we allow this man to be the first active double champ. Who's his biggest threat? Cody or Moraes? He'd kill Cody who I think is retired and beat Moraes. At the very least, he'll take over 135 and 125 will be scrapped.

He could run both.

Trilingual, actually has the goods, gold medal winner.. hairline. Promote and Pay the Man. He's the real deal. I understand all the problems here but fuck. Cejudo is special.

That's why I picked him to beat TJ. But 30 seconds? Shit, man.

Last edited:
Tee Shirt For DJ:

"THEY PAID ME BIG BUCKS TO CLOSE THE DIVISION DOWN

AND ALL I GOT WAS TKOOeeeddd!."

Funny people are trying to discredit TJ as a champion when the two guys fighting for the MW title fought and lost at the weight class below. Is Whitaker a paper champ for being KOed by Wonder Boy?

His belt literally means he is the 135 pound champion. You are very wrong.

The argument you should be making is that Henry is the best in both weight classes.

Facing Cejudo TJ tested himself, both with the weight cut & facing a legit champ. Obviously it didn't pay off but props to him for trying.

Calling him a paper champion is insane & for me just highlights the worst of mma fans with their "what have you done lately" attitude. Looks like next will be either a rematch with Henry at 135 or Moraes, that hardly sounds like the schedule of a paper champion to me. I can only assume TS is using the term without really understanding what it means.

Back