So there are only 5 good Heavy Weights in the world?

In a planet with 7 billion people how can is there only 5 "good" heavyweight fighters????

Also why are half of these guys like 40 years old...where are all the 25 year old beasts?

1. DC --- OLD
2. Stipe
3. Dos Santos -- OLD
4. Ngannou
5. Blaydes
X. Lewis ... this is where the list ends because Lewis is not a good fighter, he has no skill and no gas tank
Stipe is even older than Junior dude.

Sigh

Read my other posts

More than 98% of NCAA football players never make money playing sports.

Do they just fall off the earth?

It's a myth
Huh, that percentage would be close to the same for every athlete in all of the major sports. Im saying from the the current talent pool, they choose other sports. The MLB, NFL and NBA are filled with lifelong Athlete's who never even considered taking martial arts for hobby or even a future career.

If your a 14 year old that's bigger, faster, stronger, and just overall more athletic than your peers, most parents in North America aren't sending they're kids to an MMA class.

Last edited:
I remember when everyone on here was saying that Minakov was top 5.

It's funny too, they did a TUF last year to find a new heavyweight prospect.... the dude who won was like 40 as well haha!

Heavyweights have to be older because it takes them longer to get that big.

Throughout the short history of MMA, HW has never been filled with that much greatness.

The NFL has 600+ players on the roster a year that are 6'3+ and 250+ pounds.

It's certainly not a myth that a large chunk of college recruits are vying to get into the NFL to make a Khalil Mack 150 million dollar contract, 'cause you sure as shit aren't making that kind of money in wrestling/MMA/whatever.

American football is a niche sport! ;)

No seriously.. there are other countries.. it's not like the nfl/etc is sucking up a world wide pool of big guys..

Huh, that percentage would be close to the same for every athlete in all of the major sports. Im saying from the the current talent pool, they choose other sports. The MLB, NFL and NBA are filled with lifelong Athlete's who never even considered taking martial arts for hobby or even a future career.

If your a 14 year old that's bigger, faster, stronger, and just overall more athletic than your peers, most parents in North America aren't sending they're kids to an MMA class.
Well if you're talking about starting from 14 it's a different conversation, but even big 14 year olds may stop growing and not be all that big later in life. That's really impossible to gauge

If you were a 6'4" freak athlete are you going to get punched in the face for peanuts or get a 7 figure rookie contract straight out of college?

LOL at Sherdoggers still denying the exisitence of A level athletes. I am a fan of MMA above all else, but even ill admit the NFL and NBA has much better HW talent.

All the real A level big boys are playing A level sports

This is the answer for HWs.

When Matt Mitrione can retire from an A level support after his prime athletic years then decide “let me try MMA” and be relatively successful, that says it all

“But, but, we don’t know if NFL players can take a punch”

Greg Hardy came off the couch after his prime years are done and is highlight reel knocking out guys.

Yeah, he probably won’t have the wrestling to be successful in the UFC at this stage, but that’s not the point. If guys like Greg Hardy were training MMA since their youth as opposed to Football and a basketball, the HW division would be absolutely insane.

But physical specimens in their youth typically get groomed and recruited for big money sports. That’s what recruiters do.

So what we are left with in MMA is calling flat footed part-time firefighters like Stipe the GOAT HW.

The enhanced drug testing doesn't help.

UFC fighter salary is a joke compared to other major sports for heavyweights.

Elite, young, HW’s aren’t gonna risk brain damage for peanuts.

You’re gonna drug test these fighters day and night only to pay them peanuts? Who wants to do that??

I don't quite buy the whole a level sports stealing the best athletes thing. There are tons of big fast powerful guys warming the bench making pretty unimpressive salaries, or even worse in some place like the cfl and requiring a part time job. These are guys who are only slightly too slow or slightly too small to make the big bucks but are still light years ahead of mma heavies in terms of traditional athleticism. If it was so easy these guys would come make much better money and get much more spotlight being top 5 hw, big fishin it in a small pond.

Sigh

Read my other posts

More than 98% of NCAA football players never make money playing sports.

Do they just fall off the earth?

It's a myth

First of all that bottom "98%" is the least athletic. It's the top "2%" that are the best athletes and make the most money.

Second of all, the whole point is that IF these athletes trained wrestling or MMA at a young age they would dominate the sport. If they are 23 when they start training its too late.

im telling you guys prime pedro rizzo would either be HW champ or top 3

There's like 3 UFC HW in the top10 that are former div1 athletes. They all choose MMA as an after thought.
Well if you're talking about starting from 14 it's a different conversation, but even big 14 year olds may stop growing and not be all that big later in life. That's really impossible to gauge
Well I was talking about the talent pool and how the best athlete's in the world dont even consider MMA. Im completely lost now, so I'll just see myself out.

Back