So the way to beat cruz is...

migeru29

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Stay on the center of the octagon, don't move, be patient and fire counterattacks?

How come nobody figure it out ? That was a piece of cake strategy

Well helps that he's old now and his reflexes are fading

Way to beat Cruz: have decent boxing.

Cruz has his chin in the air, hands down, shitty head movement. Really, really bad boxing.

Just have good boxing. Honestly, Garbrandt is just a really good boxer with takedown defense.

Cruz fought the same as always but Cody's hands were way too fast for him and Cody's footwork was on point too

Youth is the only answer.
An MMA fighter can only remain on top for so long.

Great fundamental boxing. Very solid footwork, but also important is punching power. This guy can seriously hit hard for his size.

In that case Lineker would kill him

cruz depends on speed of his head movement

codys hands are great and caught him in situations where cruz can normally dodge

Way to beat Cruz: have decent boxing.

Cruz has his chin in the air, hands down, shitty head movement. Really, really bad boxing.

Just decent? I thought it was awesome and fantastic. I'm a Cody fan now.

be taller than 5 6

be able to rock him when you hit him

The key is to taunt Cruz. He will engage like a rabid animal if you taunt him it was insanity

Cruz couldn't adjust and Cody took his movement and offense from him. How? I don't exactly know. Cruz was walking, standing still, not taking him down; essentially not doing any Cruz things. Now I'm a Cruz nuthugger so I'm going to throw this out there: Cruz was looking slow and plodding from the very start, which does not bode well when you've got little finishing ability and traditional boxing skills. Cody managed to convince Cruz that the TD wasn't an option, and since Cruz wasn't moving like a pendulum either he had nothing to go for.

My diagnosis is very fucking solid footwork by Cody coupled with legit cardio and power that puts the fear of god into lesser men. He faced a worn out Cruz who was saved only by his goat chin.

Back