So The Reebok Rep. Called Stitch To Hear Him Out

jthatdude

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Listening to the mmahour (I know I'm behind, catching up) and the Reebok rep said he called Stitch up after everything happened and talked to him for a about 40 minutes, a man he never met or knew. He even said, "it was right for me to talk to him man to man to hear him out and find out his concerns" even though Reebok has nothing to do with the amount of compensation given to fighters or staff.

Then, the rep mentioned that he called Dana to figure out what was going on and Dana basically said it's a problem for us to handle, not Reebok. The rep even mentioned that he was hoping everything would work itself out with Stitch before UFC let him go, but that wasn't the case.

Thoughts?

That's pretty cool if true. That's all a man can really ask for in the end is to be respected and to have his side be heard and understood. Dana rarely allows that kind of stuff. He flies off the handle too much.

Also, you can't really blame Reebok for the deal. I mean it's their job and in their best interest to get as much marketing and publicity for as little amount of money as possible. It was up to the UFC to bargain on behalf of the fighters (and cutmen) to get them more money. After the crappy Reebok deal did you expect them to be all like "Oh, sorry, we want to give you more money to give to the cutmen". Nope. It was up to Dana and Lorenzo to get a better deal and they failed at it. I'm very anti-union but I wish the fighters would have found a way to band together a bit better. Being multinational though probably makes it impossible.

Maybe Reebok is not that bad after all. Maybe its all just UFC

Yeah, Dana's the giant despicable asshole here, not Reebok. Most MMA fans should know this by now.

damagecontrol.jpg

Reebok trying to throw the UFC under the bus by making themselves look like the good guys in this whole thing. Lol this partnership is fucked already.

Yeah, Dana's the giant despicable asshole here, not Reebok. Most MMA fans should know this by now.

I would acknowledge Zuffa as a whole. Dana isn't a fucking tzar. However, yeah, it isn't Reebok's position to dictate fighter compensation or to terminate employees of the UFC. Zuffa negotiated this deal and set the current conditions in place.

Looks like Reebok doesn't agree with the UFC's Antics. Keep it together,

Start the vlogs again, hit the scrums like you used to, go get some fans Dana

Most fans only bitch at Dana because he's the simplest target to identify for their pathetic minds. He doesn't own a controlling interest in the UFC. He is not Don King. He is still an employee and could be fired at a moments notice.

And personally I think it's kind of refreshing in this corporate world for a President to not hide behind an army of lawyers, executives and lifeless cookie cutter press releases.

Most fans only bitch at Dana because he's the simplest target to identify for their pathetic minds. He doesn't own a controlling interest in the UFC. He is not Don King. He is still an employee and could be fired at a moments notice.

dana gets blamed cause hes the one in the media being a dick throwing people under the bus and being a lying sociopath

Reebok trying to throw the UFC under the bus by making themselves look like the good guys in this whole thing. Lol this partnership is fucked already.

I was going to come and say something similar to this.

Stitch was the most loyal employee ever, too!

And personally I think it's kind of refreshing in this corporate world for a President to not hide behind an army of lawyers, executives and lifeless cookie cutter press releases.

THIS...It's what makes the UFC refreshing for me who's a lifelong fan of baseball, basketball and football. Dana is a breath of fresh air.

Back