So the original Carlson Gracie Academy is about the close his doors ?

All the things that people start crowdfunding for...and this isn't one of them. That kind of baffles my mind. A piece of BJJ history will be lost because of money. The same thing that seems to be destroying it. Sad to see it go.

2000 Brazilian Reals = $570
7000 Brazilian Reals = $1995

So basically a $1400/month or $16,800/year difference in rent. All these Gracies with all this money and not one of them can chip in to keep this thing going? Jesus fuck.

I hope English is your second language.

2000 Brazilian Reals = $570
7000 Brazilian Reals = $1995

So basically a $1400/month or $16,800/year difference in rent. All these Gracies with all this money and not one of them can chip in to keep this thing going? Jesus fuck.

they dont care

So... will there be a fire sale on patches?

What about Ricardo Liborio and all the ATT schools ? Maybe they could help ?

Unlikely, as Liborio was disowned by Carlson along with Bustamante, Sperry, ect. during the Carlson Gracie Team/Brazilian Top Team split.

I don't think it's about money, I think no one has the time / energy to manage it.

I train with Marcelo, and I'm not going to try to paraphrase him but he didn't seem too surprised, if a bit sad. It's a bummer, man.

All the things that people start crowdfunding for...and this isn't one of them. That kind of baffles my mind. A piece of BJJ history will be lost because of money. The same thing that seems to be destroying it. Sad to see it go.
The agreement was that the landlord would only maintain the original rent if it was Carlson's wife Marly herself who remained as the manager. With her departure (she's moving to the US to be with Junior) that means the agreement is no longer valid.

Back