So that's how prize pots work

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by MuStAKrakisH, Jan 5, 2013.

1. MuStAKrakisH

MuStAKrakisH White Belt

It was that time of year, fantasy football playoffs. This year I decided to study and not get last place, and in both the leagues I signed up with, I ended up winning. One with my cousins and one with my co-workers at an old internship. With the co-workers league, I was convinced I'd lose because I hadn't beat the person I was playing in the championship game all year. I end up pulling it off.

Keep in mind that this whole time the league was going on, I was 2000 miles away going to school.The league started when I was away from home. When I come back to finally pick up the prize money and the trophy from my co-workers, they handed me the trophy and said i don't get the money because I didn't submit my portion of the pot. I said I was never physically able to drop it off, and that no one ever told me it was urgent to get my money in or else i couldn't win the prize. It was never an issue of not having the money, just an issue of when I could go to drop it off. I don't know who's in the wrong here. I understand their viewpoint, but I feel I was just left clueless until the end.

ahh well, at least i got this 2 foot tall porcelain rooster trophy to show I won.

2. OPM

OPM Purple Belt

No money in, no money win

3. zere0wn

zere0wn Green Belt

Being the person who runs the league is a terrible job, they have to act like a bill collector towards their friends. If they asked more than once and you didn't send in your money, that's your fault. You take no initiative to pay you don't get any money.

4. Naramie

Naramie Super Bash Brothers

You don't pay buy-in, you don't win shit. You're lucky they even gave you a trophy or let me draft your team. They have something called post mail, or even Paypal where you can send money. Being 2000 miles isn't even a valid excuse.

There's a common ploy where people won't pay for their buyin because their team has no chance of winning. They'll wait like 5-6 weeks in before deciding to pay it or not. The moment their team has a chance of winning they'll pay up so no one suspects it. If their team is garbage they'll just give up and make every excuse in the world.

5. Big Sissy

Big Sissy Banned Banned

No one ever told you? What if you would have lost? They would have given the winner the prize money with your share of it missing. Or had to come after you for a year to get it. Youre lucky you got the trophy. If i was running it you wouldnt have.

6. Naramie

Naramie Super Bash Brothers

Yeah I agree. Being commish is not fun. Telling your friends to pay up. Having to hear your friends bicker over minor stuff. Hearing every single complaint or trying to get you to do sketch stuff. Like they want points for a guy they forgot to play.

7. zere0wn

zere0wn Green Belt

Arguing over rules, someone is always complaining about a decision that had to be made.

Bunch of children.