So some "crossfit guys" challenged me to a strongman type of thing. Any ideas?

First off, read the FAQ's.

Second off, google is your friend.

Third off, ...noob.

(just felt like without the third point this post would be incomplete)

First off your a douche
Second off google douche
Third off see first and second off.

God forbid I want to have a discussion on a internet forum you fucking tool box Does it suck being so angry?

Not only do I not have anger issues, but your reaction is so funny you just totally made my day :)

Jeez, miaou, what are you here for, if not to answer simple questions that someone could figure out for themself by either reading the FAQ or using a search engine?

Lol!

FINALLY! Tosa with a sense of humor can be a dangerous force.

EDIT: We should really add this video to the FAQ, with the caption "watch this before posting":

I dont know how anyone can convince me how CF isnt a cult

First off your a douche
Second off google douche

God forbid I want to have a discussion on a internet forum you fucking tool box Does it suck being so angry?

Found this picture of you

douchebag2dq2.jpg

you know who advocates Crossfit? Rippetoe......

Rippetoe no longer has any connection with crossfit. And many reputable people who get involved with crossfit do so because it's a chance to teach and diseminate some information to people who, if nothing else, are motivated, not because they think that crossfit is awesome.

Thats cool and all but those guys are prolly banging those hot girls cause they are ripped.

Thats cool and all but those guys are prolly banging those hot girls cause they are ripped.

Thats cool, I don't really care. I have a girlfriend and I like her more than those two. I just say they were kind of hot.
My girl is Colombian, oh yeah. And kind of traditional too. The type that thinks that if you wax your entire body you are kinda gay.

So...

You met 2 fit guys at a party and talked about crossfit and you guys exchanged contact information.

Sure they weren't hitting on you?

Maybe they just wanna be bent over that log you're getting or something.

What's the point of beating some guys at something they don't practice but you do? I could see why you would want to do more kipping pullups than they do without having trained for it, because that would make you an awesome puller-upper. I can see why they would want to deadlift more than you do, by the same logic. But why would you want to beat them at a game they don't practice?

There's this guy who keeps challenging me to grapple with him, so i do - i do BJJ and he doesn't, so i see why he would want to beat me at it. And after we're finished he always says "We should do some stand-up sparring" and i'm baffled he says that. I don't do any stand-up training at all right now and he has a brown belt in kyokushin, so why would he want to beat me at it?
(the obvious question here is "why do i grapple with him", and the answer is that i do because he outweighs me and is far stronger than I so i still see a point to it)

Also, i think the answer to your question is obvious - if you want to show them that you are stronger than them, do squats and deadlifts and bench.

What's the point of beating some guys at something they don't practice but you do? I could see why you would want to do more kipping pullups than they do without having trained for it, because that would make you an awesome puller-upper. I can see why they would want to deadlift more than you do, by the same logic. But why would you want to beat them at a game they don't practice?

There's this guy who keeps challenging me to grapple with him, so i do - i do BJJ and he doesn't, so i see why he would want to beat me at it. And after we're finished he always says "We should do some stand-up sparring" and i'm baffled he says that. I don't do any stand-up training at all right now and he has a brown belt in kyokushin, so why would he want to beat me at it?
(the obvious question here is "why do i grapple with him", and the answer is that i do because he outweighs me and is far stronger than I so i still see a point to it)

Also, i think the answer to your question is obvious - if you want to show them that you are stronger than them, do squats and deadlifts and bench.

My guess is the guys came off as smug and superior. If i was talking to some guy about training, I would ask what he could do and not just brag about my own shit. If he did marathons, ironman, or squatted 2xbw, I would be impressed equally. It just sounds like they assumed he was a puss since he didn't do crossfit and didn't look as "jacked" as they do. Their lack in interest into what he can do says a lot.

I think you will crush them with heavy squats for reps. CrossFit does not usually call for many reps with heavier weights. DL @ 1.5x BW is a good one too, they might have trouble with that. Depending on how seriously they DL, sometimes CrossFit can call for a s-load of DLs so they may be proficient. If I had your numbers I'd challenge them in back sqts, cleans, DLs, and possibly farmers walk as someone else I think mentioned.

You're an Oly lifter so is it only fair they also get to pick some of the events? I'm guessing they'd smash you in Fran, Cindy, Barbara, and some of the Hero WODs (if their serious crossfitters). If you're money at cleans tell them you'll try to beat them on Grace : 135lbs cleans 30 reps for time.

Beat them on CrossFit Total too : 1RM Sqt, DL, Push Press.

I don't know what these guys look like but some CrossFitters are seriously Oly lifters as well. A lot of studs hit the CrossFit main workout then move on their personal workout. You can see Rob Orlando knock out 30x225lbs cleans in under 7:30min. So, there are some out there who are good at CrossFit as well as Oly lifts.

Good luck, have fun bro.

First off your a douche
Second off google douche

you're going to lose this one fella.

Give it up now and save face and read up on it.

^and yet, you have quote from a CrossFit video in your sig...irony...

My guess is the guys came off as smug and superior. If i was talking to some guy about training, I would ask what he could do and not just brag about my own shit. If he did marathons, ironman, or squatted 2xbw, I would be impressed equally. It just sounds like they assumed he was a puss since he didn't do crossfit and didn't look as "jacked" as they do. Their lack in interest into what he can do says a lot.

Their lack of interest in what he can do tells me that they will dismiss whatever competition he cooks up as irrelevant. That kind of people will only accept a competition if it entails doing things that they already do, and they will beat TS at such a thing most probably.

TS, use your internet skillz here. Don't feed the trolls.

Back