So Snapchat is dead?

The only thing I don’t like is I hardly ever check Facebook then my friends will text me asking where I am because they sent me an invite to something on fb .
Thankfully I only have my sister in law who does that. Before smartphones if she didn’t get a response from a text to my other within half an hour she’d text me to see if everything was alright. She isn’t quite as bad now but she still does it after not getting a Facebook response

I don't really get the disdain for Facebook, it's handy to stay in touch with people and get info for local events etc. I'm not on there much now because local events don't happen anymore, and we can't arrange get togethers with our friends now but it's a handy tool.

Agreed. I never got it either. I can see where people might find it annoying (I rarely scroll down my feed more than a few posts before I question why I'm there, and move on, and I almost never post), but between the marketplace, local events, and the many groups I'm in (my truck, gardening, farming, dog stuff, etc.), it's been a great tool for me. It's all about self control, I guess.

Agreed. I never got it either. I can see where people might find it annoying (I rarely scroll down my feed more than a few posts before I question why I'm there, and move on, and I almost never post), but between the marketplace, local events, and the many groups I'm in (my truck, gardening, farming, dog stuff, etc.), it's been a great tool for me. It's all about self control, I guess.
I’m on cooking groups which if I’m in the mood I really like looking at videos and stuff. I don’t get into any drama or politics, save a very few times when something pisses me off...but probably 6 months ago. I just let it fly over my head.
Little videos of a goat sanctuary where a lot of them have literal wheelchairs, funny videos of cats knocking things over and cooking videos...so sinister :D

Wasn't snapchat the one that deleted a photo like 3 seconds after it's viewed? Basically to make it safer to send nudes without having them end up online?

How the hell did they go from being the dick pic app to being a legit social media platform in the first place?
I have a snapchat group with current and former coworkers. It is good for shit like that and what not. I rarely post otherwise outside of the group. When it comes to social media it is Facebook, Reddit and Instagram

I don't know how so many social media platforms can survive. I'm retired and can't see spending much time on them.

LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram all have stories now, the sole function of Snapchat.

What else can Snap actually do? Besides selling those Snap glasses
Snapchat is still the go to app for dumb young folks sending each other nudes.
It is insanely easy to bypass their screenshot notifications.
Which all end up on the newest version of anonib, which gets resurrected more than the pirate bay. It is insanely easy to bypass their screenshot notifications.

I didn't think anyone I knew would be dumb enough to trust someone with their nudes but boy was I wrong lol. Found 5 girls at work posted

Back